Coaching Carousel

Jones26":dm6kdt92 said:
As far as I know, Irion County and Roby coaches are staying put.

according to a very reliable source who has a brother on the Roby School board who was against going sixman, has stated Roby coach is looking for an 11 man job. If he finds an 11 spot, he will leave Roby.

So it's a waiting game. For Claude and Irion County it's been hush-hush.
Claude did play sixman this year so I'd assume the Claude coaching staff will stay put.

Kramer":1f2hn9ao said:
Jones26":1f2hn9ao said:
As far as I know, Irion County and Roby coaches are staying put.

according to a very reliable source who has a brother on the Roby School board who was against going sixman, has stated Roby coach is looking for an 11 man job. If he finds an 11 spot, he will leave Roby.

So it's a waiting game. For Claude and Irion County it's been hush-hush.
Claude did play sixman this year so I'd assume the Claude coaching staff will stay put.

Roby's coach seemed interested in learning the game when I talked to him. Of course, lots can change between now and August. Irion County coach has been interested in learning the game also...their JH played sixman this year, so he has coached it a few times this year.

The Region 9 HR Services Cooperative
Boys Athletic Coordinator/Teacher JobID: 5428

Position Type:
Athletics/Activities/Coach

Date Posted:
1/21/2019

(High-Needs School)

Date Available:
immediately

Closing Date:
until filled

District:
Throckmorton ISD - website

Longhorn85":1ayid59q said:
What defines a school as a (High-Needs School)?

The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 defines a high-needs school as “within the top quartile of elementary and secondary schools statewide, as ranked by the number of unfilled, available teacher positions; or is located in an area where at least 30 percent of students come from families with incomes below the poverty line.

Coach Ware":1uiaybv0 said:
Longhorn85":1uiaybv0 said:
What defines a school as a (High-Needs School)?

The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 defines a high-needs school as “within the top quartile of elementary and secondary schools statewide, as ranked by the number of unfilled, available teacher positions; or is located in an area where at least 30 percent of students come from families with incomes below the poverty line.

Thank you for the clarification.. I was aware of the No Child Left Behind act but did not know it was a school classification that applied when posting positions

Tough Enough":3pfevkcg said:
Well ole Mallory sure knows how to turn the ball over . He should excel as the OC for the cowboys
Actually,
That's funny.
I can't remember the last time
a coach actually carried the ball,
made or missed a block,
dropped/caught a pass,
etc...etc.
ha.

Johnny South":2korti9l said:
Just an offensive coordinator who is not afraid to use the quarterback is all they need.

While I am not sure if you are being serious or not, I think letting the QB run more in 11 man is a good way to go.

TebowTime15":3cl05yr8 said:
Johnny South":3cl05yr8 said:
Just an offensive coordinator who is not afraid to use the quarterback is all they need.

While I am not sure if you are being serious or not, I think letting the QB run more in 11 man is a good way to go.
Just as serious as a I can be. Any time the quarterback is standing looking at all receivers covered and the field is wide open in front of him to the end zone, and he throws the ball into the ground, that is a wasted opportunity. Even the great passers like Brady and Rogers are given the go-ahead to take advantage of a gift. Dak is a lot better runner than passer anyway, so he needs to loosen up the coverage any way he can. IMO And besides, I like 11 against 11 better than 10 against 11.

Johnny South":2apkwk1r said:
TebowTime15":2apkwk1r said:
Johnny South":2apkwk1r said:

Just as serious as a I can be. Any time the quarterback is standing looking at all receivers covered and the field is wide open in front of him to the end zone, and he throws the ball into the ground, that is a wasted opportunity. Even the great passers like Brady and Rogers are given the go-ahead to take advantage of a gift. Dak is a lot better runner than passer anyway, so he needs to loosen up the coverage any way he can. IMO And besides, I like 11 against 11 better than 10 against 11.

Well said!

Dogface2":2wv4ir2e said:
Tough Enough":2wv4ir2e said:
Well ole Mallory sure knows how to turn the ball over . He should excel as the OC for the cowboys
Actually,
That's funny.
I can't remember the last time
a coach actually carried the ball,
made or missed a block,
dropped/caught a pass,
etc...etc.
ha.
Well... execution falls on the coach. Monday- Thursday the more execution is preached then the least likely a team is to turn the ball over on Friday night. 1 turnover can be costly, 5 will cost you the game, 8 or 9?, and you beat yourself... yes that falls on the coach.

Note to self:

Preach execution Monday - Thursday.
Got it!!!!
How bout Friday? Oh well, I'll start with those 4 days and see where it takes me.
I wish we would've had this talk before we played Milford....

What position does the milford insider have with the Milford team. He is so knowledgeable about “everything” he has to be the Superintendent, AD, Head coach all sports, both male and female, Mayor of Milford, County Sheriff, DA, and who knows what else. His talents never cease to amaze me. He almost single handily, has made Milford the most disliked six-man team inTexas. You people please keep him in Milford. If he leaves the IQ average for Milford will rise and fall where ever he goes.

I will say, goodluck to all “free agent” coaches and schools hoping to find their new coach. 2019 season should be an awesome one! Can’t wait. #OnePackOneGoal

Black-Gold":seuaizyq said:
Note to self:

Preach execution Monday - Thursday.
Got it!!!!
How bout Friday? Oh well, I'll start with those 4 days and see where it takes me.
I wish we would've had this talk before we played Milford....
Better luck next year...

Back