Burkhart kid transfering

Ever had one of YOUR kids die ? I have. The hole in you heart never heals and the pain never stops. Whatever decision Burkhart makes to protect his kid is his and his family’s business. All of this speculation and conjecture just adds to the turmoil and emotional pain and stress. I know this is a high profile person but how about everyone realize what’s potentially at stake here and give it a rest and the family some space, consideration and peace.

Wow, welcome to the world we live in! It is especially depressing considering that it happened at Stanton, a 3A school, rather than some large 6A inner city school. There is no precedent nor right answer for a situation like this, so I hope and pray that the decision made by the Burkharts proves to be the right one. It is also hard to imagine Burkhart being at a school past his contract length where his own son does not feel safe.

Texlonghorn75":ds9rr7ut said:
This thread is about a kid transferring who was threatened. We all understand the implications of a threat. Take a deep breath.
YOU TAKE A DEEP BREATH! Was your kid threatened ? Do you even have a kid ! YOU TAKE A DEEP BREATH, ok?

Champion1":2ayx4rwm said:
WV Backer":2ayx4rwm said:
Old76er":2ayx4rwm said:
What day does that make him eligible to play? How much better does Burkhart make SC? Should be a battle last game of the year. Circle your calendar. Sterling City vs Water Valley 11/9

I think you are thinking of the Sterling City vs. Garden City match-up, Old76er. The Eagles manhandled my Wildcats pretty good last Friday night. I'd really rather not do that again on November 9. :)
What about Highland vs. Sterling City? Highland with the upset in two weeks?

Highland is pretty good and they DID beat Grady to start the season but they also lost to a pretty good DII school in Blackwell. All that said, I just don't think they have enough to deal with Sterling City. It's unfortunate too because they're ranked #13 and probably won't make the playoffs. Of course, they won't be #13 after playing Sterling City and Garden City on successive Friday nights.

WV Backer":16bnyrjc said:
Champion1":16bnyrjc said:
WV Backer":16bnyrjc said:
Old76er":16bnyrjc said:
What day does that make him eligible to play? How much better does Burkhart make SC? Should be a battle last game of the year. Circle your calendar. Sterling City vs Water Valley 11/9

I think you are thinking of the Sterling City vs. Garden City match-up, Old76er. The Eagles manhandled my Wildcats pretty good last Friday night. I'd really rather not do that again on November 9. :)

Highland is pretty good and they DID beat Grady to start the season but they also lost to a pretty good DII school in Blackwell. All that said, I just don't think they have enough to deal with Sterling City. It's unfortunate too because they're ranked #13 and probably won't make the playoffs. Of course, they won't be #13 after playing Sterling City and Garden City on successive Friday nights.
After their loss to Blackwell they've been firing on all cylinders since. I think that Highlands size and speed will be too much for Sterling City. Sterling City is a good team but those kids at highland are hungry and ready for a battle. Garden City is a very good team, but they'll have to deal with that when the time comes. Im going to predict that Highland beats Sterling City by 2+ touchdowns.

Well, they ARE playing at Highland so they've got that going for 'em but I gotta' go with the Eagles. Here's hoping for safe travels and an injury free game. Oh, and it wouldn't break my heart to see Sterling City get beat, I've got no love for that place and never lost anything I'd want to go back looking for there.

Champion1":1hqjdpdm said:
WV Backer":1hqjdpdm said:
Champion1":1hqjdpdm said:
WV Backer":1hqjdpdm said:
Old76er":1hqjdpdm said:

After their loss to Blackwell they've been firing on all cylinders since. I think that Highlands size and speed will be too much for Sterling City. Sterling City is a good team but those kids at highland are hungry and ready for a battle. Garden City is a very good team, but they'll have to deal with that when the time comes. Im going to predict that Highland beats Sterling City by 2+ touchdowns.

It won't make any difference where they play, Highland is not going to be able to stay with the Eagles. Getting beat by a mediocre Blackwell team a few weeks back shows that they really can't hang with a top tier team.

Mouth from the south... first of all, sterling is a really good team and so is highland... both are well coached and have great kids. But here is a little fact for you, that "mediocre" blackwell team you are talking about beat a good hermleigh team worse than that top tier team that you seem to be representing..

I thought that my “mediocre” description would get a rise, but I really figured Leman would be the first to respond. lol
I actually believe that Blackwell may have the best chance of representing the West in the big game!

Johnny South":2xu90ffh said:
I thought that my “mediocre” description would get a rise, but I really figured Leman would be the first to respond. lol
I actually believe that Blackwell may have the best chance of representing the West in the big game!

Johnny South trying to bait me into something???

I have attended a few Blackwell games this year I wont deny, for the sake of expediency (weather) and want of a great burger (best concession stand burger I've had hands down)

I will say this Johnny: I was extremely happy there was no air horn last week at the Santa Anna game and so were 99% of people that I was able to have a conversation with at the game.

And I am VERY interested in the Sterling City v Highland matchup!!! If that wasnt the same week as Bronte v Robert Lee I would be going to that game!

Yeah, we kinda' got off on a tangent there didn't we? Still, we have a somewhat tenuous tie to the Burkhart thing since we're talking about Highland and Sterling City and he's enrolling at SC. As far as the "mediocre Blackwell team" thing goes, sounds like Johnny-Boy is just trolling. He does that from time to time. No great harm done.

CoachesAnonymous":2nu1cjfq said:
Wasn't this thread originally about the Burkhart kid? Stopped in to see if there were an new developments, and it took a left turn...

Supposedly coach burkart has an interview scheduled at Rankin. They do have an opening on their district website starting October 16 ending October 26. Nice pay there.

Isn't this the same dude (Burkhart) that accepted the offer at Gordon a couple of years ago and then backed out? Then left Richland Springs this year, after Tippie and Lusty graduated, to go to Stanton? I realize he's garnered plenty of respect in the sixman community and no one wants to say anything bad about him but... really? Can you say talent-chaser? Go ahead, blast away, but take a good, hard look first. The ceder-choppers will come out with guns-blazing and "stand by their man" but there it is, just ask the Gordon folks.

Back