What's the return of Burkhart 'worth' RS?

What's it worth?? A bucket full of gizzards on a gut wagon. It's about the kids. If you don't have the kids, it doesn't matter what kind of coach you have!

RogueEconomist":deo9b671 said:
UIL needs to clean up RS recruiting, it teaches kids that it is ok to cheat , if it means winning. RS is damaging HS sports, student athletes, and UIL should be ashamed when they look the other way. What is Burkhart worth, nothing when it comes to teaching life lessons about honour, and honesty to our youth.

We eagerly await your irrefutable evidence of "recruiting." Please disclose said evidence. No he said, she said boloney.

tdog5344":9c1x836a said:
Schedule milford or mclean johhny south then talk to me about the best team in the state...
We would love to play the Coyotes!!

But to answer the thread? A 9th State championship, Landon Burkhart May be the 2nd best player in D2 (behind Key Davis of Oakwood).

No one addressed Landon's 361 rushing yards in an 11-man game! That is more impressive than almost anything else he could do.

Murdoch":13ml21hz said:
RogueEconomist":13ml21hz said:
UIL needs to clean up RS recruiting, it teaches kids that it is ok to cheat , if it means winning. RS is damaging HS sports, student athletes, and UIL should be ashamed when they look the other way. What is Burkhart worth, nothing when it comes to teaching life lessons about honour, and honesty to our youth.

We eagerly await your irrefutable evidence of "recruiting." Please disclose said evidence. No he said, she said boloney.

My guess is that his evidence is hidden away in the same file with the evidence of Russian collusion!

Ben Crockett is a man amongst both Davis and Burkhart. There is no comparison. I'm not a homer as I'm not from mclean but give credit to any kid who deserves it.

tdog5344":1kxmyrxv said:
Ben Crockett is a man amongst both Davis and Burkhart. There is no comparison. I'm not a homer as I'm not from mclean but give credit to any kid who deserves it.
I clearly said 2nd best in D2! Ben gets all of my respect

I won't try to convince anyone, but will tell you what I know. Landon is no longer the little fast skinny kid that we remembered from a couple of years ago.
I hope to get to see him play before long.

Johnny South":216xpvf2 said:
It doesn't really make much difference where they start in the rankings or ratings, it's how they finish that matters. From what I hear, after the State game they will be around 50-70 points ahead of any of the other teams. (that includes D1) I will say their rating should begin in the 670 to 690 range. That will leave some room for improvement. So Burkhart is worth somewhere in the 50-75 point range in the equation.

Lol you have your head in the clouds I guess 690 huh without a game played?? Mclean, Garden city and Milford from last year would beat RS Select traveling team without a doubt so you want to put there rating above them... Lol don't let your arrogance get in the way of what we call un biased common sense.

Tdog, when you find “unbiased common sense” on this board be sure and let us know. Every person on here is biased to a degree whether for or against a particular team and that is the way it should be.
Note that I said “person”. Granger’s toy is excluded .........

tdog5344":125kehcw said:
Johnny South":125kehcw said:
It doesn't really make much difference where they start in the rankings or ratings, it's how they finish that matters. From what I hear, after the State game they will be around 50-70 points ahead of any of the other teams. (that includes D1) I will say their rating should begin in the 670 to 690 range. That will leave some room for improvement. So Burkhart is worth somewhere in the 50-75 point range in the equation.

Lol you have your head in the clouds I guess 690 huh without a game played?? Mclean, Garden city and Milford from last year would beat RS Select traveling team without a doubt so you want to put there rating above them... Lol don't let your arrogance get in the way of what we call un biased common sense.

TDawg5344 done got butt hurt! LOL! Another secret supporter of the Yotes.
53-44 = 9

Hot off the Grapevine:
1. The Dallas Cowboys fail to win the Super Bowl then:
Jerry Jones fires Jason Garrett.
2. RS wins State
Jerry Jones hires Burkhart, and Burkhart moves to Dallas.
3.The Cowboys win the next 8-9 Super Bowls.
EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!
End of Story........

While I don't know if Jerry knows 11-man well enough to coach in the NFL, I think he would be an amazing recruiter and developer of talent at the college level.

FCSA football":9wwtansz said:
Hot off the Grapevine:
1. The Dallas Cowboys fail to win the Super Bowl then:
Jerry Jones fires Jason Garrett.
2. RS wins State
Jerry Jones hires Burkhart, and Burkhart moves to Dallas.
3.The Cowboys win the next 8-9 Super Bowls.
EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!
End of Story........
Change #3 to—- burkhart leaves the cowboys at a weird time and returns to RS — and you got a pretty believable story

According to the new rankings, Granger must have decided not to put much value on the return of Burkhart to RS's rating. I believe that it will begin to show up in the rankings more and more as the season progresses. And a huge jump as soon as Landon gets to play. IMO

I've been told that UIL has already been notified of several of the things going in in RS you better not put the cart before the horse... The hearings will be interesting.

Back