Student transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

2113fan

Six-man fan
wonder why the rigdons are at strawn?🤔 I wonder how they ended up at richland springs in the first place?🤔 accident? I think not. although richland springs has not broken any rules I believe coach bigham said it best. coach burkhart is one hell of a coach, one of the best but i do not respect the way he does things. I will say this, i dont think he's the only coach reaching for coaches and teachers kids or however small town coaches come across elite talant yr in and yr out but unfortunately for him he's on a sixman division 2 level which makes success easier to come by and magnifies the spotlight! all arguements aside LETS GO BRANDON!!

wonder why the rigdons are at strawn?🤔 I wonder how they ended up at richland springs in the first place?🤔 accident? I think not. although richland springs has not broken any rules I believe coach bigham said it best. coach burkhart is one hell of a coach, one of the best but i do not respect the way he does things. I will say this, i dont think he's the only coach reaching for coaches and teachers kids or however small town coaches come across elite talant yr in and yr out but unfortunately for him he's on a sixman division 2 level which makes success easier to come by and magnifies the spotlight! all arguements aside LETS GO BRANDON!!
In six man, (1) player can really make the difference. If you get (2) gamebreakers, then look out. With (3), you might as well get fitted for your SC rings.

IMO, RS and Strawn are the Aledo of 6 man. They don't have to physically recruit. Their tradition recruits for them.

In six man, (1) player can really make the difference. If you get (2) gamebreakers, then look out. With (3), you might as well get fitted for your SC rings.

IMO, RS and Strawn are the Aledo of 6 man. They don't have to physically recruit. Their tradition recruits for them.
Strawn a lot less than RS. Even though Strawn hired Coach Rigdon to be their basketball coach this season, RS has been in the hire the coach with players business since before the Tyler Ethridge era. From what has been posted on this website the coach RS hired from Panther Creek about two decades ago brought the practice of acquiring help with him. RS certainly develops their players but not shy about bringing in outside talent either. Some of that wink wink they just moved in stuff. May be they have slowed down? Or just paused? As for your reference to Aledo, my sources say that Aledo has quit letting the girls go out for the team to let other schools catch up with their talent level. You might review what Motley County Coach Bigham said after the 2019 state championship game.

Last edited:
Strawn a lot less than RS. Even though Strawn hired Coach Rigdon to be their basketball coach this season, RS has been in the hire the coach with players business since before the Tyler Ethridge era. From what has been posted on this website the coach RS hired from Panther Creek about two decades ago brought the practice of acquiring help with him. RS certainly develops their players but not shy about bringing in outside talent either. Some of that wink wink they just moved in stuff. May be they have slowed down? Or just paused? As for your reference to Aledo, my sources say that Aledo has quit letting the girls go out for the team to let other schools catch up with their talent level. You might review what Motley County Coach Bigham said after the 2019 state championship game.
A few points to make here:

1. Not too long ago, a transfer from California literally said on national television that he moved to Aledo to "win a state championship in Texas". That is a direct UIL violation, yet it wasn't. As far as I know, neither parent was hired by the school district. So, there isn't any slowing down when it comes to football move in's at Aledo.

2. Bob Ledbetter was in the practice of hiring parent's with stud athlete's way back when SLC was 3A. I'm sure it was done well before that. It has been said that the road to success is painted with a thin grey line. There isn't a law stating you aren't allowed to hire a coach / teacher with a stud kid. I suppose there's your thin grey line. Some may not like it, Coach Bigham obviously being one of them, but it is what it is at this point...an excuse.

3. Strawn is a tad bit closer to "civilization" than RS, which I suppose makes it look more suspect. No dog in the hunt for me, but I could really care a less, as long as there isn't any rules being broken. If you could talk somebody into moving out in the middle of nowhere like RS, then you aren't just one heck of a coach, but one heck of a salesman as well! I guess if I was an opposing coach, player, or parent it would get old...but like the great Andy Dufresne once said, "Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

A few points to make here:

1. Not too long ago, a transfer from California literally said on national television that he moved to Aledo to "win a state championship in Texas". That is a direct UIL violation, yet it wasn't. As far as I know, neither parent was hired by the school district. So, there isn't any slowing down when it comes to football move in's at Aledo.

2. Bob Ledbetter was in the practice of hiring parent's with stud athlete's way back when SLC was 3A. I'm sure it was done well before that. It has been said that the road to success is painted with a thin grey line. There isn't a law stating you aren't allowed to hire a coach / teacher with a stud kid. I suppose there's your thin grey line. Some may not like it, Coach Bigham obviously being one of them, but it is what it is at this point...an excuse.

3. Strawn is a tad bit closer to "civilization" than RS, which I suppose makes it look more suspect. No dog in the hunt for me, but I could really care a less, as long as there isn't any rules being broken. If you could talk somebody into moving out in the middle of nowhere like RS, then you aren't just one heck of a coach, but one heck of a salesman as well! I guess if I was an opposing coach, player, or parent it would get old...but like the great Andy Dufresne once said, "Get busy living, or get busy dying!"
Good points you make. Any transfer moving to any school which has recently won state championships can say they are moving there to win a state championship. These kids can say whatever they want. It doesn't always happen like they envisioned it either. Aledo has had several athletes move in but you might mention that Aledo has also had several athletes move out because they felt like they weren't getting the playing time or respect they deserved. Recently one of Aledo's highly touted all state defensive backs transferred over to Mansfield and talked about how Mansfield would change Aledo's fortunes. It didn't happen. Lots of egos floating around some of those successful football programs. Southlake Carroll has always been in the middle of all those professional athletes sending their kids there to play football. SLC is in the middle of the MetroMess. Convenient to all the money people. Nate Newton's son played there and then on to UT Austin where he played and eventually got hurt. But SLC has fell a little bit. They no longer win state championships year in year out. The competition has caught up with them. People don't point fingers at SLC much any more. As far as Strawn being closer to civilization than RS I must say you don't get out much or recently. It's like comparing Halloween venues. Which place is the best ghost town. Try find decent housing in either place.

Good points you make. Any transfer moving to any school which has recently won state championships can say they are moving there to win a state championship. These kids can say whatever they want. It doesn't always happen like they envisioned it either. Aledo has had several athletes move in but you might mention that Aledo has also had several athletes move out because they felt like they weren't getting the playing time or respect they deserved. Recently one of Aledo's highly touted all state defensive backs transferred over to Mansfield and talked about how Mansfield would change Aledo's fortunes. It didn't happen. Lots of egos floating around some of those successful football programs. Southlake Carroll has always been in the middle of all those professional athletes sending their kids there to play football. SLC is in the middle of the MetroMess. Convenient to all the money people. Nate Newton's son played there and then on to UT Austin where he played and eventually got hurt. But SLC has fell a little bit. They no longer win state championships year in year out. The competition has caught up with them. People don't point fingers at SLC much any more. As far as Strawn being closer to civilization than RS I must say you don't get out much or recently. It's like comparing Halloween venues. Which place is the best ghost town. Try find decent housing in either place.
Once a kid admits to moving to a school for "athletic purposes" it becomes a UIL violation, or at least, should be. The kids moving out of Aledo aren't doing so because they are starting. With that said, Brock has been a great beneficiary to the move out's!

Not trying to date myself since I'm old, but in the early 90's SLC wasn't really a booming place yet. However, I see your point, and it's definitely less sketchy when IBM moves their HQ's there.

I don't get out much. I enjoy my bubble, but on occasion, I will make the trek to Mary's and indulge in a giant CFS! However, it's probably been 2 years since I last drove through RS. Did IBM uproot their HQ's and move it to the blossoming Fort Duncan?

On a side note, are there any Duncan's or Tankersly's left in RS?

Back in the old days when the one year in district or after transfer to be eligible, there were oil companies that backed districts and would transfer families that seemed to have younger kids that were going to be athletes. I think this was mostly limited to 11 man. This wasn’t limited to oil field workers but it seemed to be more common with them. No, I wasn’t in that group. I was about mid way when we were choosing up sides.

Once a kid admits to moving to a school for "athletic purposes" it becomes a UIL violation, or at least, should be. The kids moving out of Aledo aren't doing so because they are starting. With that said, Brock has been a great beneficiary to the move out's!

Not trying to date myself since I'm old, but in the early 90's SLC wasn't really a booming place yet. However, I see your point, and it's definitely less sketchy when IBM moves their HQ's there.

I don't get out much. I enjoy my bubble, but on occasion, I will make the trek to Mary's and indulge in a giant CFS! However, it's probably been 2 years since I last drove through RS. Did IBM uproot their HQ's and move it to the blossoming Fort Duncan?

On a side note, are there any Duncan's or Tankersly's left in RS?
In the early to mid 1970's Southlake (Carroll) had one gas/cigarette/soda pop/oil station on 114, about all they sold, Baird's. A "convenience" store off 114 about a half/quarter mile by the old football stadium also contained the post office. Then there was Yates Corner (still there). It was all farm land pasture, country estates, a couple of small housing additions. The football team generally sucked. Quite a different place now.

I attribute Richland Springs football program success to heart, grit, culture, tradition and excellent coaching. It's not the size of the Coyote in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Coyote. Whatever opinion you hold towards Coach Burkhart, he is openly a devout Christian.

Us poor folks here in Richland Springs may not live in fancy houses. But they are home. As us old timers like to say "my home ain't the Taj Mahal, but it keeps the rain off my back".

We are Salt of the Earth.

Our population is just over 300. Our medium income is $28,750 and our per capita income is $15,691. Though we may be money poor, we have the greatest wealth of all. As Plato said, "The greatest wealth is to live content with little".

We love our Lord Jesus, our freedoms, Texas, deer hunting, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Donald Trump and our 9 time State Football Champions "Fighting Coyotes".

We hold in the highest esteem our military and law enforcement. We respect our elders. Our kids say "sir" and "ma'am". We say "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless".

So if you ever drive through Richland Springs, know that you are driving through the "Wealthiest Town In Texas". God Bless.

Us poor folks here in Richland Springs may not live in fancy houses. But they are home. As us old timers like to say "my home ain't the Taj Mahal, but it keeps the rain off my back".

We are Salt of the Earth.

Our population is just over 300. Our medium income is $28,750 and our per capita income is $15,691. Though we may be money poor, we have the greatest wealth of all. As Plato said, "The greatest wealth is to live content with little".

We love our Lord Jesus, our freedoms, Texas, deer hunting, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Donald Trump and our 9 time State Football Champions "Fighting Coyotes".

We hold in the highest esteem our military and law enforcement. We respect our elders. Our kids say "sir" and "ma'am". We say "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless".

So if you ever drive through Richland Springs, know that you are driving through the "Wealthiest Town In Texas". God Bless.
Love this!

Hypothetically. If by chance we do get the general consensus clash of motley and strawn. Will coach Bigham repeat the same said press conference. Or will it be overlooked since it is Strawn and not RS. I lurked this site for many moons. I haven’t seen the same lashing RS was taking from people when the rigdons moved. Yet now they are at strawn and not a peep about it until now. The question really is why?

Hypothetically. If by chance we do get the general consensus clash of motley and strawn. Will coach Bigham repeat the same said press conference. Or will it be overlooked since it is Strawn and not RS. I lurked this site for many moons. I haven’t seen the same lashing RS was taking from people when the rigdons moved. Yet now they are at strawn and not a peep about it until now. The question really is why?
I just wonder if Bigham ever made apologies for that little temper fit press conference. I haven’t heard of it if he did.

Good old fashion envy, I suppose.

I attribute Richland Springs football program success to heart, grit, culture, tradition and excellent coaching. It's not the size of the Coyote in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Coyote. Whatever opinion you hold towards Coach Burkhart, he is openly a devout Christian.
To be polite this is all self serving rhetoric. Strawn, Gordon, Throckmorton, Motley County, Borden County, Garden City, Follett and probably every other sixman school aspire to these same values and attributes. Difference is do they consistently look for an athletic advantage via outside additions?? The fine RS people have never fessed up on their past additions for the sole purpose of attempting to dominate sixman D2 football. No one ever mentions Nelson Campbell and the great teams he had at Gordon. He didn't need to requisition talent to compete at Gordon. Anything Motley County Coach Bigham said after the 2019 state championship game was accurate and well known through out the six man football community to be true.

Correct me if I’m wrong mr. horn. Was it not you that said Richland was a win at all cost. Which in turn from watching the ever so pleasant Mr Lee and his texas 6. What was the quote something along the lines of I’d do anything to just get one more. Something like that. Then hires said rigdons. Sounds like a kettle black situation,if not you it might have been 51eleven guy. Just an observation. Also I think I remember mr Campbell his last year of coaching.that last game might have broke the ole straw. Seems to me they hired a superintendent with a pretty good kid that year or the year before? Is that looking for outside talent or just a hire? I remember seeing a couple of his teams the last couple of years he was coaching. Man did they hit that weight room hard. Couple might have even fell and got poked in the glute lifting so much. They were good teams for sure. The question is can you prove your said teams above do not? Every school has and will always acquire outside talent via hire/move ins ect….it’s always going to happen if it is by the rules.

I haven’t seen anyone mention the #1 team in D1 about transfers. I believe they have a kid move in from a southern neighbor. Seems like he’s doing well for himself and putting good numbers up. Good for them. Could that be how they got past SC.?.? Who knows. Yet crickets….I’m just saying it happens everywhere and will continue. The horse is bone meal already.

Correct me if I’m wrong mr. horn. Was it not you that said Richland was a win at all cost. Which in turn from watching the ever so pleasant Mr Lee and his texas 6. What was the quote something along the lines of I’d do anything to just get one more. Something like that. Then hires said rigdons. Sounds like a kettle black situation,if not you it might have been 51eleven guy. Just an observation. Also I think I remember mr Campbell his last year of coaching.that last game might have broke the ole straw. Seems to me they hired a superintendent with a pretty good kid that year or the year before? Is that looking for outside talent or just a hire? I remember seeing a couple of his teams the last couple of years he was coaching. Man did they hit that weight room hard. Couple might have even fell and got poked in the glute lifting so much. They were good teams for sure. The question is can you prove your said teams above do not? Every school has and will always acquire outside talent via hire/move ins ect….it’s always going to happen if it is by the rules.
Please show me where I said that. It's evident to six man fans RS will try to win at all cost but turn around and defend itself by saying everyone else is doing it too?? So the UIL is worthless but what is new? Some schools and communities are more concerned about educating their children and setting the right examples in life. Football doesn't pay many bills in small town Texas, real jobs do. Legal recruiting is still unethical and an attempt to gain an athletic advantage.

This article is not surprising about Coach Rigdon being stabbed in the back by Fowler, Burkhart and the RS school board. It was obvious that Fowler had to lead Coach Rigdon on long enough to get him trapped with needing a paycheck and Burkhart needing the Rigdon boys to be on the team. Richland Springs does not win state without the Rigdon boys and everyone knows that. Calvert would have been playing Motley County for state otherwise. The UIL needs to get involved in this mess. Murdock, who are going to be the NEW recruits for Richland Springs now?? Hire a janitor with four or five boys? Richland Springs is a sorry example of winning at all costs.

Well that was simple enough.

With that being said. That post didn’t age well. Strawn doesn’t win without the Rigdon boys correct.?.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back