Student transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
TE didn’t repeat 8th grade was held back in elementary. Now was it for educational purposes or athletic purposes only they know. Kids are held back all the time they just don’t produce like TE did.
Repins1890, you shouldn’t be ruining all of these good lies by presenting the facts. This little click will just come up with some other twisted version to try to hurt a good person or program. It’s always someone else’s fault that they are less successful. If you beat them, you must be cheating!

There have been multiple instances in many different schools. Ivory from Silverton going to Valley is another one I can think of. Think he sat a year though. Clifton Baker from Silverton going to Strawn from Silverton and winning their first ship with him is another one. But again different circumstances with that.

Things happen, the one that should have never happened was a guy by the name of Chris Garza who was a complete stud at (Loop?) before transferring to Meadow and making them a contender in their earlier years. There’s many more but I won’t go into it anymore.

Repins1890, you shouldn’t be ruining all of these good lies by presenting the facts. This little click will just come up with some other twisted version to try to hurt a good person or program. It’s always someone else’s fault that they are less successful. If you beat them, you must be cheating!
I’m not saying the guy is even implying anything bad he might have been given bad info. It’s happened to me a lot. My view point on this topic will not be liked. Parents normally want their kids to go to a good school. If you don’t get the kids it’s probably because the parents do not see your school as a good school. Also schools like Richland know all the rules the state has put in place on education as a whole and they take advantage of it.

Since this thread is on transfer students may be a glance at what the Texas Tribune website says about the overall student population of each school district including demographics and test scores such as SAT or ACT would be a good starting place. Rochelle (202) appears to have a stable student population while Richland Springs (118) continues to struggle with enrollment numbers. But RS (ACT 17.9) test scores are some what higher than Rochelle's (ACT 16.1). Comparing Gordon's numbers to Strawn's shows that Gordon has a slow growth pattern with over 200 students while Strawn's (162) is holding it's own. Strawn had a composite ACT score of 21 while Gordon's was not available on the Texas Tribune. Of course none of this data is as important as some of the parents talking to other groups of parents on what they think or view of their particular school's educational value. This data is from the 2019-2020 school year and of course changes with each year as the student population changes. Some parents really have an emphasis on their children's education and others not so much. Hope this information doesn't upset anyone's apple cart, it's available online for anyone to read.

Since this thread is on transfer students may be a glance at what the Texas Tribune website says about the overall student population of each school district including demographics and test scores such as SAT or ACT would be a good starting place. Rochelle (202) appears to have a stable student population while Richland Springs (118) continues to struggle with enrollment numbers. But RS (ACT 17.9) test scores are some what higher than Rochelle's (ACT 16.1). Comparing Gordon's numbers to Strawn's shows that Gordon has a slow growth pattern with over 200 students while Strawn's (162) is holding it's own. Strawn had a composite ACT score of 21 while Gordon's was not available on the Texas Tribune. Of course none of this data is as important as some of the parents talking to other groups of parents on what they think or view of their particular school's educational value. This data is from the 2019-2020 school year and of course changes with each year as the student population changes. Some parents really have an emphasis on their children's education and others not so much. Hope this information doesn't upset anyone's apple cart, it's available online for anyone to read.
Good stuff, Longhorn.

wonder why the rigdons are at strawn?🤔 I wonder how they ended up at richland springs in the first place?🤔 accident? I think not. although richland springs has not broken any rules I believe coach bigham said it best. coach burkhart is one hell of a coach, one of the best but i do not respect the way he does things. I will say this, i dont think he's the only coach reaching for coaches and teachers kids or however small town coaches come across elite talant yr in and yr out but unfortunately for him he's on a sixman division 2 level which makes success easier to come by and magnifies the spotlight! all arguements aside LETS GO BRANDON!!
This is where this thread got started. I'm not sure if it was an intent to slight the Rigdon family, Strawn or Richland Springs or something else. it has morphed into something else along the way as threads sometimes do. It is however a pointless thread. Its heading is student transfers. the Rigdons are move-ins, not transfers. They moved to Richland Springs with their parents and same at Strawn. Their parents are in the educational field and work at the school. Nothing wrong with that in either case. To insinuate otherwise is not only cowardly but also misleading.

This is where this thread got started. I'm not sure if it was an intent to slight the Rigdon family, Strawn or Richland Springs or something else. it has morphed into something else along the way as threads sometimes do. It is however a pointless thread. Its heading is student transfers. the Rigdons are move-ins, not transfers. They moved to Richland Springs with their parents and same at Strawn. Their parents are in the educational field and work at the school. Nothing wrong with that in either case. To insinuate otherwise is not only cowardly but also misleading.

Actually this was a response in an argument i was having under the jayton motley thread, the administrator Mike I believe moved it and then labeled it student transfers.

Actually this was a response in an argument i was having under the jayton motley thread, the administrator Mike I believe moved it and then labeled it student transfers.
Regardless what or where it was it is still nothing more than mud slinging aimed at two schools and one family. The Rigdons have done no wrong in their actions as far as residency is concerned in either place. What happened at RS is between Mr. Rigdon and that school should be left for them to sort out and deal with as I believe they did two years ago. If you hate RS that's your right, but to insinuate that there is something nefarious about a coach taking jobs at schools and bringing his kids with him is wrong, plain and simple. Coaches do that every year across the state in every classification.

Regardless what or where it was it is still nothing more than mud slinging aimed at two schools and one family. The Rigdons have done no wrong in their actions as far as residency is concerned in either place. What happened at RS is between Mr. Rigdon and that school should be left for them to sort out and deal with as I believe they did two years ago. If you hate RS that's your right, but to insinuate that there is something nefarious about a coach taking jobs at schools and bringing his kids with him is wrong, plain and simple. Coaches do that every year across the state in every classification.
🤣🤣🤣 k. your soft as a box of kittens. the comments were more directed at JB and Rs, to be honest I call things the way I see them and I really could care less about your feelings!

🤣🤣🤣 k. your soft as a box of kittens. the comments were more directed at JB and Rs, to be honest I call things the way I see them and I really could care less about your feelings!
Same back at you. I have no connection to RS, Burkhart or Strawn and the Rigdons. It has everything to do with what's right and what's wrong. You have an allegation against either school to make take it through proper channels and do your damnedest. The UIL is listening (or that's what they are supposed to do) but slander is inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back