Abilene Christian

Abilene Fan

11-man fan
Abilene vs Ira
I believe Abilene should have won this game.
In all honesty there were many questionable calls especially a few at the end of the game that should have went in favor of Abilene which would have put them in the position to win. You redo that game at a neutral site and guarantee a different outcome plain and simple.. I was looking back at some, well I should say I was looking back at about 50 post from some pretty ignorant Abilene fans and I was pretty upset with the way they portrayed themselves. I mean it sounds like a couple of kids that were just trying to get a rise out of a couple of you fellars so I won't put too much on them but during that big deal many of you talked about how they had no chance I even read something like it will be a good game until kickoff. I would just like to as many of you would say "Stir the pot" and ask what do you think now?
I mean Abilene apparently isn't as small as you thought.
They aren't as slow as you thought.
They are humble kids that play hard
I just want to be someone that at least sticks up for them.
I feel like they have no representation so I figured I had some free time so why not?
I mean it seems like every other team has some die hard fan so I might as well go big.

ACHS apparently has a good quality team. I think that most of the posters on the other thread has no problem with that. The problem was with someone coming on and guaranteeing a win and/or "demanding" respect for a team that had not yet earned it.

Loss is a loss. Take it, learn from it and get better thats all u can do, all the "what if's" "what if's" dont mean anything, what if Ira would have brought their A game, it would have been a totally different ball game but that means nothing. Both teams are great,solid ball clubs, and Ira is going to be stout for years to come. In my opinion ACHS is my state pick, I have said it before and looks like I have to say it again. Take your loss and go on just like the ACHS players are doing, and prepare for the next week.

Hubby's nephew is an alumni from Ira. Says the AC bunch is a good team, if there has been any doubt, but says Ira did what they needed to do to not loose.

Sounds like to me ACHS has earned a lot of respect. No sense in wasting that by complaining about officials or ingrown toenails or skunks on the field. It sounds like those boys played a heck of a game and fell just short. It happens and there's no shame in that.

That is very true, and I don't mean too bring them down in any way
I have a right to my own opinion.
Both teams played on a high level maybe not at the level they both usually play on but on that given night IRA was better simple as that I just wanted to get my opinion out there.

Abilene Fan. First thing you need to do in relation to this board is not take anything personally. Secondly, I have learned that there are a few people on here who like to "stir the pot" instead of actually talking football. They are kind of like a younger siblings, the more you let them know they are bothering you the more they will. Also, state facts to back up your argument. You need to realize when it comes to "them" and the "Ira vs. ACHS game", their silence is deafening. You, me and a few others on this board knew how good ACHS was before this game.
Now I agree with you that Abilene should have won the game, but not because of bad calls. On the first offensive drive ACHS had a lot of dropped passes. Opportunity missed. Tip pass in the end zone that was intercepted. Opportunity missed. Last possession before the half was inside the ten and could not get it in. Another opportunity missed. And then there is all the missed extra points.
You have to also give credit to Ira. They were not given the #1 rank as a gift, they earned it. They are a complete team. Not a thing for our boys to hang their head about. Going in to the playoffs we know they (ACHS) faced the best and in the last minutes they still had a shot to win. Thats more than Austin Hill Country (36 point loss to RS) or Dallas Covenant (20 point loss to Throckmorton) can say.
We both know this was a hard loss to swallow but at the end of the day this game meant nothing more than bragging rights. If our boys go on and win State this game will be forgotten.

1987, I agree with nearly everything you said. There is one exception. This game will not be forgotten, because your boys proved themselves to be an excellent team. They may not have gotten the win, but they did gain my respect.

I agree Cowboy, because I can tell you right now the Ira boys will not forget that game period. ACHS gained alot of respect and its well deserved.

1987 nailed it. There were plenty of opportunities to win no matter what the refs did or didn't do, and ACHS just came up a little bit short.

I'll say this about the idea that neither team played their best game though....

You're dang right it didn't look like they played their best game. It's mighty hard to look good when the other team is good enough to make you look bad sometimes. This wasn't going to be a walk in the park mercy rule game for either side. It was iron sharpening iron. It wasn't iron cutting through hot butter.

I think both teams played their dead level best that night. Some plays it showed, and others it didn't because the other team's best showed a little more that play. Both sides played their hearts out and left the bloody remains on the field.

Abilene Fan you just need to worry about teaching yalls kids some sportsmanship. It was pittiful to watch that. I dont care if yall dont go buy UIL Rules yall can still show some class. And the refs wernt calling anything on iras side.

GCITY":rds62qt9 said:
Abilene Fan you just need to worry about teaching yalls kids some sportsmanship. It was pittiful to watch that. I dont care if yall dont go buy UIL Rules yall can still show some class. And the refs wernt calling anything on iras side.

There's about as much sense in that post as there is in griping about the officials from the other side. Two good teams got together in Ira Friday night and played what was by all accounts a heck of a ballgame. Both teams should be respected and congratulated for their efforts.

GCITY":gte82mip said:
You are the first person I've heard complain about Abilene Christian being unsportsmanlike or classless. Why don't you leave the kids alone. They played hard and came up a little short. There is no need to rub salt in the wounds.

GCITY. You need to take some advice from Abraham Lincoln, "It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

1987":35utu2tz said:
Thats more than Austin Hill Country (36 point loss to RS) or Dallas Covenant (20 point loss to Throckmorton) can say.

As I read the schedule, Richland Springs, Ira and Throckmorton don't play each other, so trying to compare Abilene's game with Ira in relation to how Covenant did against Throckmorton and Hill Country did against Richland Springs is a bit of a stretch. Glad your team had a good showing against Ira, but let's not hoist the state championship trophy just yet...we heard the same chest-beating last year.

GCITY, why must you come on here and attack these boys? We are on here talking about how good both teams played so it is really not right to bring the negativity and bring these competitive, hard-working players down.

Back