Announcer kicked out?!?

KAMartini

11-man fan
Has anybody ever seen an announcer get kicked out of a football game? I mean how can refs be so sensitive they give 1 min to have the announcer removed or the game will be forfeited? Well there is a first for everything! For the most part, l thank you refs - but when you are bad, don’t be THAT bad. When you miss that many calls and the announcer tries to help you out, don’t take it out on him. *NBC MUSIC* “The more you know!”

Are we talking about the Lucas Christian announcer? If so, I wouldn’t be surprised. I have never heard an announcer officiate from the booth the way that guy did.

Has anybody ever seen an announcer get kicked out of a football game? I mean how can refs be so sensitive they give 1 min to have the announcer removed or the game will be forfeited? Well there is a first for everything! For the most part, l thank you refs - but when you are bad, don’t be THAT bad. When you miss that many calls and the announcer tries to help you out, don’t take it out on him. *NBC MUSIC* “The more you know!”
Where did this happen at?

I'd argue that, for the most part, the officials should never even be concerned about the announcer. If he's saying things that bring attention to himself, he's probably already in the wrong.

I'd argue that, for the most part, the officials should never even be concerned about the announcer. If he's saying things that bring attention to himself, he's probably already in the wrong.
The school administration should be the ones to correct anything an announcer is doing. As a former ref if something derogatory towards the refs was being said by the announcer I am positive that I would have had that conversation with the teams head coach before doing anything drastic.

The school administration should be the ones to correct anything an announcer is doing. As a former ref if something derogatory towards the refs was being said by the announcer I am positive that I would have had that conversation with the teams head coach before doing anything drastic.

That may have been the correct way to handle it, sure. I've never been a ref so I really don't know. I'd imagine that you're right. My point was simply that if a ref did determine that he needed to go, there was probably a very good reason as to why. Whether he threw him out himself, or got an administrator to remove him, is (to me) not the biggest issue in this situation. The fact that the decision even had to be considered is a much bigger issue. Again, just my opinion.

However, an announcer should NEVER say a word to or about the officials. It’s actually a TAPPS rule. They aren’t even supposed to show any bias. That obviously isn’t expected but comments about officials should be non-negotiable.

From the TAPPS announcer guide:

• Announcers will introduce the raising of the flag and the playing of the national anthem at the start of the contest in a manner that promotes respect and honor for our country.
  • Announcers shall not attempt to be bigger than the game or event by doing play-by-play or by providing a commentary.
  • Announcers shall understand that because they have a tremendous influence on the crowd and that cheerleading or antics designed to incite the crowd for the purpose of gaining an advantage for their team is inappropriate.
  • Announcers shall promote good sportsmanship by what they say and how they act.
  • Announcers shall treat the opponents and their fans as guests, not the enemy. · Announcers shall respect the officials, participants of all teams and remain neutral when introducing the officials, the starting line-ups, substitutions and the outcome of plays or performances by participants.
  • Announcers should be familiar with emergency procedures that may have to be announced.
  • Announcers shall respect the individuals who are responsible for the administration of athletic contests such as officials, coaches and administrators and avoid making any comments that reflect positively or negatively on them. · Announcers shall be prepared and familiar with the correct pronunciations of the names of officials, participants and coaches, knowledgeable about the rules of the sport, officials’ signals and how the game is played.
  • Announcers shall endeavor to exhibit professional behavior and represent their school and community with respect and dignity at all times by what they say, how they act and how they appear.
  • Announcers will make additional announcements during the contest but only those authorized by the host administration.

That may have been the correct way to handle it, sure. I've never been a ref so I really don't know. I'd imagine that you're right. My point was simply that if a ref did determine that he needed to go, there was probably a very good reason as to why. Whether he threw him out himself, or got an administrator to remove him, is (to me) not the biggest issue in this situation. The fact that the decision even had to be considered is a much bigger issue. Again, just my opinion.
100% correct

I guess KAMartini was the announcer who got kicked out and thought by coming here and posting he would get validation for his actions? When he didn’t, he decided to stop posting.

I remember a play by play type stadium announcer, was an older man and the school was kind of known for it...I think that happened a lot more back in the day so to speak but I might be wrong. No one really cared it was seen as a home field quirk.

Once they start criticizing thats when admin needs to step in and then refs if need be...that goes for criticizing coaches, players, opposing fans, or refs...doesnt matter if they are justified or feel justified...you should never do it

I remember a play by play type stadium announcer, was an older man and the school was kind of known for it...I think that happened a lot more back in the day so to speak but I might be wrong. No one really cared it was seen as a home field quirk.

Once they start criticizing thats when admin needs to step in and then refs if need be...that goes for criticizing coaches, players, opposing fans, or refs...doesnt matter if they are justified or feel justified...you should never do it
I was over at garden city the other night watching them and rankin the older gentleman there dose a play by play it didn’t seem over the top or anything.

Paint Rock is who use to have an older gentleman who did a play by play...not bad either.. always like Paint Rocks set up for some reason...guess bc we played in a driving rain storm there one night...

I've enjoyed the Smith man over the ball, Jones the man under, Jones takes the snap, hands off to Johnson. Johnson starts right reverses left, gets down the field of 7 yards.

But then there are ANNOUNCERS who do not have the voice for announcing!

If the announcer reads this, then cannot abide by those request during the game, they need to be run off and never allowed on a microphone again.

THE OFFICIALS FOR THIS GAME HAVE BEEN MUTUALLY AGREED UPON BY SCHOOL OFFICIALS FOR BOTH
SCHOOLS. THEIR ROLE IS NOT UNLIKE THOSE OF PLAYERS, COACHES, TEACHERS, AND SCHOOL
ADMINISTRATORS. WITHOUT THEM THIS GAME WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND
APPLICATION OF THE RULES ARE A RESULT OF ANNUAL TESTING, YEARS OF STUDY, AND CONTINUAL
PARTICIPATION IN CLINICS THAT FURTHER REFINE THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME. WE ASK YOU,
AS STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND CITIZENS, TO DEMONSTRATE THE KIND OF RESPECT FOR THESE OFFICIALS
YOU WOULD EXTEND TO ANY DEDICATED PERSON IN A POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY.
THIS MEANS THAT YOU AS A FAN:
1) SHOULD NOT CRITICIZE THE PLAYERS ON EITHER TEAM,

2) SHOULD NOT BOO THE OFFICIALS,

3) SHOULD NOT HAVE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON PUBLIC SCHOOL
GROUNDS SINCE IT IS A VIOLATION OF STATE LAW,
4) SHOULD BE COURTEOUS TO THE VISITING FANS,
5) SHOULD CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM, AND
6) SHOULD SHOW RESPECT FOR INJURED PLAYERS ON BOTH TEAMS.

Some older May fans or players might remember our announcer. He was also the Ag teacher. He was awesome. Wasn’t long ago we were reminiscing about his unique personality and announcing skills. Things like “it’s 3rd and a good bit looks like a passing down”. Almost as if he was hinting to our coach lol. My favorite was “it’s 4th down and a mile to go”. He made the game fun for fans even if we were killing the other team. Heck of a man.

We had one of those great announcers back in late 50’s through 60’s. He was better than a lot of the football games. He said something about a fan from the other team that he had played ball against as a joke. He didn’t know the guy was drunk and he came over and wanted to fight.

I guess KAMartini was the announcer who got kicked out and thought by coming here and posting he would get validation for his actions? When he didn’t, he decided to stop posting.
Ha! Nope. Just got back on here and seeing all the comments. Can just say this, refs missed some calls and announcer did say something on a play where the refs lack of whistle allowed for potential player safety issue. Right or wrong, having a ref throw a flag then yell up to the booth to tell announcer you have a minute to get out of the stadium or home team forfeits was something I’ve never seen before. Even went to the watch to start timing the exit. It was a heated, great game halted by this episode.

Ha! Nope. Just got back on here and seeing all the comments. Can just say this, refs missed some calls and announcer did say something on a play where the refs lack of whistle allowed for potential player safety issue. Right or wrong, having a ref throw a flag then yell up to the booth to tell announcer you have a minute to get out of the stadium or home team forfeits was something I’ve never seen before. Even went to the watch to start timing the exit. It was a heated, great game halted by this episode.
Where was this?

Back