Way to early Top 10

Thoughts on who will be the 2018 season's D1 and D2 top 10 teams. I know for sure Strawn has to be #1 in D2, as for D1 not to sure. I haven't decided my top 10 yet and thought the fine people of sixmanfootball.com could entertain the rest of us.

I just threw darts at a Texas Map and came up with

D2
10-Richland Springs
9-Amherst
8-Calvert
7-Blanket
6-Jayton
5-Motley County
4-Oakwood
3-Iredell
2-Follett
1-Strawn

D1
10-Crowell
9-Jonesboro
8-Happy
7-May
6-Valley
5-Balmorhea
4-Milford
3-Garden City
2-Borden County
1-Union Hill

Edited : Didn't dawn on me about Sands and Crowell moving to DI.
Both divisions have been edited.

It's hard to speculate not knowing who looses who to graduation. I look forward to DCTF for this reason. That said based on history and Coach Burkhart it's hard for me to see RS down to 10. If I remember right Tippie is a sr this year and it seems like another one or maybe two of their top players graduate but they still will have some excellently coached experience. U Hill is hard to figure. Not much in the news from that part of the state about them, I've looked. I think they bring back a couple of hosses maybe the upback/qb (tight), a good size linebacker. Heard they had some injuries this year. If they're healthy who knows. They should know Coach Mallory's program by now.

Richland is at 10, I'm being generous to the Coyotes. Expect changes AT THE TOP of Coyote Country. Trade winds on the South Plains tells me this info.

Richland is at 10, I'm being generous to the Coyotes. Expect changes AT THE TOP of Coyote Country. Trade winds on the South Plains tells me this info.

Wonder Dog":jispbom7 said:

D2
10-Richland Springs
9-Sands
8-Calvert
7-Crowell
6-Jayton
5-Motley County
4-Oakwood
3-Iredell
2-Follett
1-Strawn

D1
10-Zephyr
9-Jonesboro
8-Happy
7-May
6-Valley
5-Balmorhea
4-Milford
3-Garden City
2-Borden County
1-Union Hill

I'm going to go out on a limb and say neither Sands, nor Crowell will make the playoffs in D2.

In no particular order but the top 4 teams will be

D1 West
Borden County, Garden City, Balmorhea, McLean

D2 West
Buena Vista, Follett, Grandfalls Royalty, Petersburg

D1 East
Union Hill, May, Jonesboro, Milford

D2 East
Strawn, Iredell, Oakwood, Richland Springs

Wonder Dog":14tw6mgq said:

D2
10-Richland Springs
9-Sands
8-Calvert
7-Crowell
6-Jayton
5-Motley County
4-Oakwood
3-Iredell
2-Follett
1-Strawn

D1
10-Zephyr
9-Jonesboro
8-Happy
7-May
6-Valley
5-Balmorhea
4-Milford
3-Garden City
2-Borden County
1-Union Hill

I agree with most of this, except for I'd put Buena Vista in and take Motley County out of D2. I honestly think BV will be the heavy favorite this year in their region. Move RS up some spots. I'd also move Balmorhea close to #10. They lose 7 Seniors i believe. Loaded with a bunch of freshman this year who all got playing time but i do expect a bit of a down season compared to their last 2.

Demoz24":3sz50nti said:
Wonder Dog":3sz50nti said:

D2
10-Richland Springs
9-Sands
8-Calvert
7-Crowell
6-Jayton
5-Motley County
4-Oakwood
3-Iredell
2-Follett
1-Strawn

D1
10-Zephyr
9-Jonesboro
8-Happy
7-May
6-Valley
5-Balmorhea
4-Milford
3-Garden City
2-Borden County
1-Union Hill

I agree with most of this, except for I'd put Buena Vista in and take Motley County out of D2. I honestly think BV will be the heavy favorite this year in their region. Move RS up some spots. I'd also move Balmorhea close to #10. They lose 7 Seniors i believe. Loaded with a bunch of freshman this year who all got playing time but i do expect a bit of a down season compared to their last 2.
Isn't Sands coming D1?

Just wondering how do you have GC above Milford?? We've beaten them 2 years in a town, and we are bring back The Taron Smith, and Corbin on the defensive side of the ball... I'm just curious

MilfordInsider":25ghkfji said:
Just wondering how do you have GC above Milford?? We've beaten them 2 years in a town, and we are bring back The Taron Smith, and Corbin on the defensive side of the ball... I'm just curious

For several reasons:
1- ITS MY OPINION
2 - Because it's not the College Football BCS Ranking system
3 - Because at the end of the day, It's gonna be Union Hill OVER Milford and Borden County OVER Garden City.
4 - So in retrospect, Nor Garden City or Milford will be playing at Texas Stadium, so 3rd and beyond is ludicrous

But I like REASON 1 THE BEST .... You do know Mr. MilfordInsider, You could make a PRE-SEASON TOP 10 and put Milford # 1, I mean, it's all in fun and 99% of us get the rankings wrong.

At the end of the day come 2018 football, Borden County and Stawn will be state champs

Wonder Dog":1zqqgika said:
MilfordInsider":1zqqgika said:

For several reasons:
1- ITS MY OPINION
2 - Because it's not the College Football BCS Ranking system
3 - Because at the end of the day, It's gonna be Union Hill OVER Milford and Borden County OVER Garden City.
4 - So in retrospect, Nor Garden City or Milford will be playing at Texas Stadium, so 3rd and beyond is ludicrous

But I like REASON 1 THE BEST .... You do know Mr. MilfordInsider, You could make a PRE-SEASON TOP 10 and put Milford # 1, I mean, it's all in fun and 99% of us get the rankings wrong.

At the end of the day come 2018 football, Borden County and Stawn will be state champs

Reckon that about covers it.

Back