Top Teams TAPPS div II

seguinlifegate":2wv1p34q said:
everybody else is asking it... i figure why not...lol

seems like everybody lost seniors

And the defending champs ( Christway ) are not returning...

Jeremy ... Got any ideas?

My quick list -- no particular order.

Brenham Christian ... that running back has a senior year coming up. He killed us. And they may be a bit miffed about that December evening in Moody.
Seguin Lifegate ... depth, and pretty well everyone back except Austin and Brandon.
Dallas Tyler Street ... especially if they can land a couple underclassmen from Christway
Granbury Happy Hill ... coming down to D2; while not the powerhouse as in years past, they could make life difficult
Houston Texas Christian ... the old Oakland Raiders of D2; not well liked but they always seem to shine in the playoffs

See you tomorrow AM at the golf tournament ...

I completely agree.

Brenham lost travis and Lonnie but they also lost their lead tackling junior last year and he will be back. And that running back really came alive in the playoffs and i don't see him cooling off

Lifegate did lose austin and brendan... pretty hard to replace those guys... BUT with a little hard work and magic i think we can pull it off... and uhhh yeah.... two words.. Tate and Akin

I was talking to one of Christway's coaches and he was under the impression that at least one of his better underclassmen was most likely going to Tyler street... with the return of Josh Hunt, they are looking solid.... very solid

Happy Hill always turns out athletes.. They'll be coming in with a confidence that will possibly put them in the playoff run.. but as you usually put it, " I wouldn't bet my grocery money on it"

Not to rag on HTC but i think they were last years cinderella... with bigger districts i think they make playoffs again but i don't see them going as far this year...

I would like to add Freddy to the list.... because we all know a list is not a list without Freddy...

in the north, fulton looks to be pretty tough this next year. they've been playing with freshman and sophomores the past 2 yrs and they've grown up. they have something like 8 seniors and 6 juniors. word has it they have a few of those christway kids coming in. they also got 2 kids in from bishop lynch this spring. one is walt garrisons grandson from what i hear.

LazyJ,

Wow, that's a blessing for Heath Fulton because they've been down for a long time. It will be nice to see them in the Tapps Playoffs.
If they could land a decent/good coach to help them out (offensively & defensively), It may go a VERY LONG ways. I do recall sometime ago they were looking for a math teacher/coach.

Wonder Dog":2qvavh51 said:
LazyJ,

Wow, that's a blessing for Heath Fulton because they've been down for a long time. It will be nice to see them in the Tapps Playoffs.
If they could land a decent/good coach to help them out (offensively & defensively), It may go a VERY LONG ways. I do recall sometime ago they were looking for a math teacher/coach.

Seems I read that the Christway coach ended up there ... or some other coach with experience.

Wonderdog,

Fulton has good kids and good people! They have good coaches that work hard. Our time will come.
Fulton's future looks very bright!
I'm very excited about being there on staff and help building the athletic program.
I'm the coach from Christway, I was let go due to finances.
God works things out for the best and I believe this is where I am suppose to be!
no kids from Christway are coming to Fulton that I know of and you would think I would know! lol...
thank you for thinking of the Fulton School!

Coach Peters
Athletic Director/Varsity Boys Basketball Head Coach
The Fulton School

There are several student-athletes at Christway that are unfortunately looking for school to attend in the Fall. They are touring several schools and have not made a choice as of yet. I'm sure all the schools mentioned before are great schools, but again, no decision has been made.

And my pick for the upcoming year is Brenham Christian. Coach Tarbutton is an outstanding coach and they have a solid team coming back. Barring injuries, the state game should be Tyler Street Vs. Brenham Christian

Jerry Hargraves
Athletic Director
Head Football Coach
Duncanville Christway Academy

"If it was third down, and you needed four yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, he'd get ya five. And if was third down and ya needed 20 yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, by God, he'd get you five."

Cowboys Quarterback said this back when he played with Walt....

no i wasn't alive back then
I googled him...

too bad Lifegate is getting... uhhh.... Bill Bates grandson.... so i heard lol (joking)

seguinlifegate":2j52us4l said:
"If it was third down, and you needed four yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, he'd get ya five. And if was third down and ya needed 20 yards, if you'd get the ball to Walt Garrison, by God, he'd get you five."

Cowboys Quarterback said this back when he played with Walt....

no i wasn't alive back then
I googled him...

too bad Lifegate is getting... uhhh.... Bill Bates grandson.... so i heard lol (joking)

You got it wrong. We're getting Bill Bates' grandson's neighbor's third cousin twice removed.

I would not be surprised to see Brenham vs Tyler Street in the finals. But, I would not be surprised to see both of them go out before the state game. It is wide open this year. Have a great summer guys, see ya in June in Seguin.

details details.. as long as there is a connection to bill bates, he's golden right??

I agree its wide open. and i haven't seen the bracket yet.... as far as i know tyler street and brenham could be on the same side again... with fulton and lifegate on that same side.... ( i know that won't be the case but you know what i mean)

Are you coaching again this year coach Davis?? I don't know why i thought you were doing something else. Anyway glad to hear you'll be back. tell your guys not to forget their mouthpieces. every year it gets very competitive and there is always a collision despite our best efforts to avoid it.

Yeah, I am coming back, I don't have anything else to do. Just got my 20 year plaque, haven't put it on the wall yet though. I am looking forward to this fall, it looks like we are going to have around 15 kids or so, and maybe 2-3 new transfers. I will be having surgery in July on my ankle, don't know how long that will keep me out, but if needed I will be in a wheel chair on the field in August. Look forward to seeing you in June.

Here is my " HYPOTHESIS " for the 2010-11 season.

Scientist generally base a scientific hypothesis (guess) on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. So here is my version of MY TAPPS DISTRICT FINISHES for the 2010-11 season...

ENJOY

District 1
1. Denton Calvary (7-3) - this school has been good at fb for sometime, nice to see them back in Tapps. My pick to win the ENTIRE ENCHILADA.
2. Granbury Happy Hill (3-6) - the dropping in classifications should help them greatly
3. WF Notre Dame (5-5) - If weren't for the top 2, they'd be my #1 pick in this district.
4. Lubbock CTK (7-4) - Playing in a much tougher district now with more district opponents.
5. Brownwood Victory Life (4-7) - loss of coach will hurt them
6. WF Christian (0-10) - the district will be too tough for them

District 2
1. Dallas Tyler Street (11-1) - is no longer the big boys in the dallas area (see dist 1) but they are still tops in this district, surely now with christway gone. And they return enough talent to make some noise once again.
2. Waco Parkview (4-7) - should be a 2nd place finisher in the district
3. Heath The Fulton (0-10) - will double the wins from last yr. and be playoff bound.
4. Killeen Memorial (1-8) - 09 was 1st season, maybe a couple more wins but will suffer come district time.
5. McKinney The Cornerstone (0-0) - will battle it out with Killeen Memorial for the bottom spot.

District 3
1. Fredericksburg Heritage (3-7) - made the playoffs last year with a VERY young group. Welcome back to being on top again.
2. Seguin Lifegate (11-1) - I don't think they will make as much noise this upcoming season, but the falcons should be primed to compete for the d-3 title once again.
3. SA River City Believers (6-5) - Will be interesting to see how the BELIEVERS finish up since they have UPGRADED from T-CAL to TAPPS. The talent level is a LITTLE different now.
4. SA Town East (7-4) - loss KEY players from a pretty good team last year. Believe they lost too much to beat the top 3.
5. SA New Life (0-6) - Some years back, this was a VERY TALENTED group of kids. Welcome back to TAPPS and a pretty decent little district.
6. SA Castlehill (0-1) - Should battle it out with New Life and Geneva for the bottom spots.
7. Boerne Geneva (1-1) - Will be on the bottom looking up.
8. SA The Atonement (0-0) - they will set A-TONE- in the base-MENT of this district IF THEY ACTUALLY fill a team

Disrict 4
1. Brenham Christian (11-1) - Graduated a couple KEY Sr's will hurt them, but they will have enough to get by in this district. They will dominate district, but I don't think they will have quite enough to topple the Dallas teams (AGAIN)
2. Houston Texas Christian (5-7) - What a cinderella season last year. I believe they will have added numbers due to the magical run but they graduated some GOOD seniors.
3. Bellville Faith (0-10) - If they can filled a team throughout the season, they will have enough to finish 3rd in this district due to the bottom dwellers being catfish like (below sub-par).
--HECK you'd rather eat a BASS than a Catfish or atleast on VERSUS it's all about BASS--
4. Dickinson Pine Drive (0-10) - I put them here just because they are dropping down and they should have enough talent to beat the next three bottom feeders.
5. Alvin Living Stones (3-6) - LUCKILY, there are two conroe schools that have been added to the district that will be worse off than LSCS. Toss in a fresh new young'en (22 yr old) that has never coached varsity level sports, is disaster waiting to happen. Its much like casting a rod-n-reel for the first time. Enjoy feasting on Conroe's 6 and 7
6. Conroe Calvary Baptist (0-9) - Played 9 games last year and was OUSTED in all of them. Luckily there is another Conroe school playing
7. Conroe Lifestyle (0-0) - welcome to a Life Style of being on the bottom looking up this season.

PS.
TEPryde, blessing & prayers on your upcoming surgery

PSS. Casting a rod-n-reel for the 1st time... Ya know when you get ready to cast it out, you whip the reel back over your shoulder and just as you begin thrusting it forward, the hook grabs ya somewhere.... good luck yung'en

The best final four you can get would be

Denton Calvary
Dallas Tyler Street
Brenham Christian
Fredericksburg Heritage

I did enjoy that hypothesis... and for the MOST part i do agree...

Freddy is always dangerous (mostly because they have one of the better coaches in tapps) he makes ok players good and good players great.. they are a talented group of kids and i think they will do great in their district....

here comes the bias

i don't think they beat lifegate though... lifegate lost their all-state spreadback yes BUT i believe they made it obvious at the state track meet this year that it wasn't going to hurt them that much.

and as much as i like believers, they have a game changing athlete at their school..... he didn't play football last year.... if he does, they will do good.... if not, idk

I'm also not too wild about your denton cal winning it all... i think they will take their district but thats not saying much.

and if heath fulton won twice as many games this year as they did last year then they would win 0.... lol just thought i'd throw that in there...

other than those few details i like what you said...

Wonder Dog! Thanks for the luck, it will be needed! I'm excited for the opportunity and you gotta start some where! Hopefully 5 years under Coach Ware will do me good! I know I'm in for a whole new game!

P.S.. - I'm 23 years old! LOL

Hope all is well in Lubbock!

ahh wonder dog i wasn't serious... you said they made playoffs and thats really all that matters.... as houston texas christian showed last year, the seed doesn't matter when it comes to playoffs...

i'm just going to be excited to see how things turn out. every year is a new year. you never know who is going to transfer or who is getting a phenom freshman... (thats what we call all of ours)

good luck to all coaches and players this year

yung'en":bu67px62 said:
Wonder Dog! Thanks for the luck, it will be needed! I'm excited for the opportunity and you gotta start some where! Hopefully 5 years under Coach Ware will do me good! I know I'm in for a whole new game!

P.S.. - I'm 23 years old! LOL

Hope all is well in Lubbock!

Where is Coach Ware now?

Wonder Dog":cxv9owhv said:
3. SA River City Believers (6-5) - Will be interesting to see how the BELIEVERS finish up since they have UPGRADED from T-CAL to TAPPS. The talent level is a LITTLE different now.

Dog ... you've fallen into a trap. There are TWO schools in San Antonio that go by the River City moniker.

River City Christian School (RCCS) is a K-12 school that has been around for a couple years. They are on Blanco Road inside Loop 410 in an old Catholic School building. They have played in T-CAL for several years and will be a T-CAL member in 2010-11.

River City Believers Academy (RCBA) is the Believers Academy that has been around for over 20 years. Last year was their first in sixman football (one of their 3 wins was over RCCS). A few years back, Believers Academy and their sponsoring church, Believers Fellowship, parted ways. At the start of this year, the school affiliated with River City Community Church (at Red Land Rd @ Jones Maltsburger; a couple miles south of San Antonio Christian Schools [SACS; not Christian Academy of San Antonio, or CASA]) and moved to that facility. RCBA is and always has been a TAPPS member since I've known of them.

They're two different places. But you ain't the first guy to make that mistake.

And to confuse you more, RCBA (and Castle Hills First Baptist) will be playing their home games at the RCCS campus.

I'd pick Lifegate over Heritage this year. The Eagles have been blessed with classes that are 2-1 boys but from what I hear, the classes coming up are 2-1 girls. But I wouldn't pick the week the Eagles are on the schedule for a light week on the practice field. From what I hear, Shipman has finally pulled out the books and films and started to figure out how to coach ...

Back