Guaranteed 2023 Snake Oil Predictions

I found it interesting the number of teams each Region in Div 1 has in the top 25. It will be interesting to see if these numbers change throughout the season and how...

Region I - 11 teams
Region II - 7 teams
Region III - 3 teams
Region IV - 4 teams

I think these numbers reflect why the West semifinals was truly more like the State Championship game last year score wise.

No doubt Ware was all that and more. Here’s the thing, he learned that from someone. Yes some have those qualities more than others but the fine tuning came from and I’m guessing but feel pretty good about it, his Parents his community and most definitely his Coaches. WB has created something special and Ware will forever be a huge part in that but make no mistake about it that leadership will be passed down. It’s in WB’s DNA now. Seeing pics of WB kids cheering for our kids at state track meet this year is my proof in the pudding.
PS. It was a catch….if you know you know. Lol
WB has a great program and an outstanding Community

Looking at Mike's fearless predictions I would like to mention that Westbrook definitely has their work cut out for them. Another tough schedule but I like either Abbott or Gordon winning the D1 trophy this year. It appears that six man football might be getting closer to a low level of parity where any of the top ten teams could win it all instead of just the top two or three teams of the past fifteen to twenty years. In D2 I like Newcastle winning it all. Benjamin has the hype but not the numbers in my opinion. Loraine has eight seniors returning so it might be their year, at any rate Benjamin and Loraine tee it up September 29. Get the popcorn ready for that game. Balmorhea and Jayton are patiently waiting their turn if the ball bounces the wrong direction.
Hey sixman fans, one out of two isn't bad. Newcastle had a tremendous year but was not lucky enough to be in the UIL east. I knew Gordon would be very young and very good and Abbott has always played with a lot of tenacity. Congratulations to Abbott, Newcastle and Oglesby for their great seasons and of course, to the Champs, Gordon and Benjamin.

Hey sixman fans, one out of two isn't bad. Newcastle had a tremendous year but was not lucky enough to be in the UIL east. I knew Gordon would be very young and very good and Abbott has always played with a lot of tenacity. Congratulations to Abbott, Newcastle and Oglesby for their great seasons and of course, to the Champs, Gordon and Benjamin.
Would like to point out that you were correct we definitely did have our work cut out for us and after losing that great senior class the boys still found a way to make it make back to being one of the 2 best teams in the state! We will graduate 13 seniors this year but trust me when I say we will be tough again next year. Bring back 11 juniors and 10 sophomores that are excited to get their chance. It will take a few games and no doubt Gordon will definitely be the HEAVY favorites but looking forward to giving the west all they can handle again. It was a great ride again this year looking forward to next season.

Westbrook has a great program and plays probably the toughest schedule in six man football on a yearly basis. My pick of Gordon or Abbott to win state this season was based on the loss of Westbrook's senior class of the previous season. With Westbrook's high participation level, they should be very competitive for many years to come. Congrats to Westbrook on a great season and a great three-year run.

Back