TAPPS playoff predictions

Never quite understood the way TAPPS does their brackets and districts, seems like divisions 1 and 2 just need to be combined
You don't even know the half of it... They changed the D2 Playoff Format mid-season on us when they released the brackets. Only 3 out of 7 Teams get it to make it from our district. When before the season started it was half of everyone's district (4 of 8, 2 of 4, etc.) They change stuff up last minute all the time for playoffs. They never have anything set in stone like UIL. So you're fighting for a playoff spot all year then it's just changed on in the MIDDLE of district play. I truly wish they'd just have something set in stone like UIL.

You don't even know the half of it... They changed the D2 Playoff Format mid-season on us when they released the brackets. Only 3 out of 7 Teams get it to make it from our district. When before the season started it was half of everyone's district (4 of 8, 2 of 4, etc.) They change stuff up last minute all the time for playoffs. They never have anything set in stone like UIL. So you're fighting for a playoff spot all year then it's just changed on in the MIDDLE of district play. I truly wish they'd just have something set in stone like UIL.
Absolutely. And not knowing whose actually in your district until you basically start the season wrecks havoc on scheduling

Absolutely. And not knowing whose actually in your district until you basically start the season wrecks havoc on scheduling
We had a team added to TAPPS & our district 2 months before the season stared... they did not finish the season and that canceled our senior night and we had to scramble to find a game.

The perfect storm ended Prestonwood North’s undefeated season last night. A flu bug ravaged the lineup. Only 6 of the regular 12 man rotation was healthy enough to play. 2 of those 6 had missed practice all week and 2 more were dealing with a stomach bug and played through it. In the 2nd quarter, a flagrant targeting gave our RB a concussion (it was flagged but no ejection) and ended his night. So from the middle of the 2nd quarter, our defense had 3 JV kids filling in. On top of that, the rain turned our opponent’s field into a mud pit. There was standing water and mud. With no RBs and JV kids blocking, we had to pass, which we do really well in normal conditions, but our QB never could get his footing and we struggled hanging onto the ball. Our two stars played their butts off and did everything they could to keep us in it but there’s only so much you can do in situations like that.

So we drop to the 2 seed in our district, which actually might be a good thing. We avoid Kingdom Prep until the 3rd round. We have a tougher 1st round game but much easier 2nd round game if we advance.

The perfect storm ended Prestonwood North’s undefeated season last night. A flu bug ravaged the lineup. Only 6 of the regular 12 man rotation was healthy enough to play. 2 of those 6 had missed practice all week and 2 more were dealing with a stomach bug and played through it. In the 2nd quarter, a flagrant targeting gave our RB a concussion (it was flagged but no ejection) and ended his night. So from the middle of the 2nd quarter, our defense had 3 JV kids filling in. On top of that, the rain turned our opponent’s field into a mud pit. There was standing water and mud. With no RBs and JV kids blocking, we had to pass, which we do really well in normal conditions, but our QB never could get his footing and we struggled hanging onto the ball. Our two stars played their butts off and did everything they could to keep us in it but there’s only so much you can do in situations like that.

So we drop to the 2 seed in our district, which actually might be a good thing. We avoid Kingdom Prep until the 3rd round. We have a tougher 1st round game but much easier 2nd round game if we advance.
You should write sports articles.. that was intense

That’s kind of what I was speaking about earlier in this thread. With heavy passing teams you can be extremely vulnerable when playoffs start. Wind, rain, and muddy fields are recipe for disaster.

That’s kind of what I was speaking about earlier in this thread. With heavy passing teams you can be extremely vulnerable when playoffs start. Wind, rain, and muddy fields are recipe for disaster.
Agreed…and I wish our running game was stronger…but our bigger issue was personnel last night. You can’t expect freshmen playing their first year of tackle football to step in and succeed in those conditions. I’m just glad it happened now and not in the playoffs.

Agreed…and I wish our running game was stronger…but our bigger issue was personnel last night. You can’t expect freshmen playing their first year of tackle football to step in and succeed in those conditions. I’m just glad it happened now and not in the playoffs.
Very true! Sounds like a lot of adversity to deal with in one week. At least the young ones got a little live action before the playoffs. coaches may have gotten a look at one that may be able to come in and give a play or 2 here and there moving forward.

Division I looks to be the weakest of the three divisions. Don't know why This Division even exists.
Austin Hill Country looks to be the best of the three main contenders. Sugarland Logos Prep is my pick from the other side of the bracket. With Hill Country coming out on top.

Division II I feel is by far the strongest division. The North should come down to Covenant and Lucas. This game will be a toss-up, the team with the ball last may well win. I will go with Covenant since they have recent experience in this type of game. Pasadena has shown to be the class of the south. But it is hard to beat a team twice in the same season. However, I think they will.
State game again may come down to the final possession. I'm leaning to Covenant.

Division III is well-balanced as well I'm going with Kingdom Prep in the North And Bracken in the South. With KPA getting it done in Waco.

D1
Austin hill country clear cut…
Agree very weak division however I do think AHC is a very solid football team and very deserving
D2
Fort Worth obviously everyone’s favorite. Lucas is no push over. Pasadena I do think has a clear run to face whoever ends up out of the north. Fort Worth may have an edge as they are a more versatile team offensively but may not have the size to deal with Pasadenas physical ground game. I want a front row seat to this one.
D3
Lubbock I believe is a clear cut north favorite
Out of the north. Dark horses Longview, prestonwood
South everyone has Bracken. I’m gonna lean Bracken but baytown is making this a tough decision. Their game with Conroe proved they are contenders. Bracken seems to have baytowns number. Sticking with that.

Austin hill country
Pasadena
Baytown??

Figure everyone was on Lubbock or Bracken for d3. Maybe it’s the easy pick with baytowns 10-0 record…?

Back