TAPPS playoff picks

Dirty Bay earned those 5 turnovers. You can tell they wanted to walk off home field as winners against the defending state champs.
You are šŸ’Æ correct on that. I was at the game and the Dawgs earned every one of those turnovers. That win galvanized the team and the BCA team playing now isnā€™t the same team folks saw earlier in the season. Theyā€™re all grit, heart, and raw talent.
(Great handle BTWā€¦ sic em Bears!)

the turnovers resulted in 40 points. no doubt bay wanted to show up but I wouldn't read too much into that loss by Lvw since that was early in the season. Should be a good game against PW
Disagreeā€¦ it was mid-season and BCA dominated. It was the first time we got a look at the team thatā€™s shown up in the playoffs.

You are šŸ’Æ correct on that. I was at the game and the Dawgs earned every one of those turnovers. That win galvanized the team and the BCA team playing now isnā€™t the same team folks saw earlier in the season. Theyā€™re all grit, heart, and raw talent.
(Great handle BTWā€¦ sic em Bears!)
Soooo...devil's advocate here. If that's the case, what happened three weeks later against Divine Savior?

As i said in another post, Baytown is a team who gets hot then super cold.
Itā€™s been a season of ups and downs for sure. But, the team has gutted it up. Iā€™ll gladly claim some ā€œDawg Dadā€ biasā€¦ and Iā€™ve been privileged to be the stadium announcer for BCA this season. But, as such, Iā€™ve been able to see this team from beyond the bleachers; kids and coaches are locked in right now.

Iā€™m also looking forward to seeing how Freddy and our friends from Longview fare along with some of the DFW schools on the other side of the bracket. DIII has some fun football ahead.

Itā€™s been a season of ups and downs for sure. But, the team has gutted it up. Iā€™ll gladly claim some ā€œDawg Dadā€ biasā€¦ and Iā€™ve been privileged to be the stadium announcer for BCA this season. But, as such, Iā€™ve been able to see this team from beyond the bleachers; kids and coaches are locked in right now.

Iā€™m also looking forward to seeing how Freddy and our friends from Longview fare along with some of the DFW schools on the other side of the bracket. DIII has some fun football ahead.
Who would've thought! lol

They better be locked in playing Brazosport. This brazosport team looks good. Not the same brazosport of the past. But Baytown should be able too pull off the win. Best of luck this friday sir!

Who would've thought! lol

They better be locked in playing Brazosport. This brazosport team looks good. Not the same brazosport of the past. But Baytown should be able too pull off the win. Best of luck this friday sir!
Agreed. Itā€™s going to be a fight. Should make for a good game; definitely one to watch. Two very powerful spread backs and very capable receivers on both teams. Defense and special teams will be a factor on both sidelines. šŸ‘šŸ»

No. Baytown moved the ball at will... 5, 10, 15 yards a pop. This was because of Baytown's offensive scheme and their spreadback not getting rattled by Longview's rush and making good decisions w/ the ball.

I would agree with @Dfwjwb. I wouldn't read too much into the loss. If they played again, I'd pick Longview.
I'm sure both teams are fine with a rematch. Lol

The Prestonwood game wasnā€™t closeā€¦ 56-8?? What happened??
Prestonwood happened. That game was over at half. Theyā€™re the most athletic team in the state. I was laughing when the Longview guys were saying they had the edge in speed. Even when they were soft as butter last year, they were still the fastest team in the stateā€¦just soft. Theyā€™re not soft anymore. The offense moved the ball at will, scoring on every possession. The defense was smothering. Prestonwood is very deep and very good.

Prestonwood happened. That game was over at half. Theyā€™re the most athletic team in the state. I was laughing when the Longview guys were saying they had the edge in speed. Even when they were soft as butter last year, they were still the fastest team in the stateā€¦just soft. Theyā€™re not soft anymore. The offense moved the ball at will, scoring on every possession. The defense was smothering. Prestonwood is very deep and very good.
I agree. Prestonwood is the best team Iā€™ve seen this year. Thought Longview would put together a much better showingā€¦ obviously wrong about that one. The rematch with Crowley is going to be a fun one to watch.

Man looking at the scores on the south side Fredericksburg vs st joes looked like a nail biter. St joes got it done and remains the favorite. Baytown vs brazosport looked to be a good one too. Baytown as the 4th seed looks to be making a push and are getting it done.

Back