TAPPS playoff picks

Why does it matter who is coaching? The coaches can’t play!

Apparently nobody in here saw the second half of Fredericksburg against the Warriors. They got some lucky breaks in the first half and made the game look like it was one sided. But the second half was even. I’ll be back Saturday morning to say I told you all so. We’re peaking at the right time and Hill Country peaked about five games in.

Final Score Warriors 50
Hill Country 32
😳😳😳

I just love seeing all the Tapps talk! I’m not big on making predictions. But I am hoping to see a Prestonwood vs Nazarene Semi in the North. I think the 1st game was closer than the score looked and the rematch will be fun to watch. Both teams have a lot of talent.

It would appear that in the North you have to go through Ft. Worth to get to Waco. And in the south you all roads go through Pasadena.
In the north Abilene once again seems to be the most likely challenger with Coram Deo, Lucas or Lakehill with a punchers chance.
Down south Conroe and Live Oak look to be the main 2 contenders. With Castle Hill an outside chance.

I agree with Mid Cities analysis. FWCC has shown no slow down this year. Abilene should play well in the early rounds and meet up again with FWCC. Pasadena has surprised with their performance, having lost their stud RB from last year. But, as I picked a couple of months ago, I still see district rematches in the SemiFinals. FWCC vs Abilene in the North and Pasadena vs Conroe in the South. It should be exciting by Thanksgiving weekend.

As it currently stands, here’s the north:

Nazarene will play Heritage Christian (Rockwall). I’d expect Nazarene to advance.

Azle will play Kingdom Prep. KP isn’t as good as they usually are but Azle is really banged up. I think they came into last Fridays game w/ 9 players and lost 2. One of them may be able to return. I think it was a concussion but i’m not sure. If I had to pick, I’d say KP advances, but wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Wichita Christian will play Christian Heritage (Longview). I think Longview will win but they’ve been up and down this season and Wichita quietly put together a solid season before losing last Friday to Kingdom Prep. Another toss up. I’m picking Longview.

Prestonwood will play either Garland Christian or Greenville Christian and should beat either one.
WCS is scrappy! Injuries are part of the game so it’s not an excuse, but feel like they would have beat KPA fully healthy (lost two starters, including a RB that opened the game with a 60 yard TD, lost him in the first qtr). KPA is always so disciplined on D. Being short handed WCS just struggled to move the ball without those guys in the 2nd half. Feel like they win that game with those two guys. Having said that, Longview is difficult to figure out. The week one game vs Weatherford is perplexing for sure. I’d expect a very good game, I think the Stars can pull off the W and set up a rematch with Prestonwood from last years regular season. WCS was missing about half their team for that game. But again, don’t know a ton about Longview so it should be interesting.

Well with the games 4 days away I'll make my picks for div.2 I will do div.3 later
Div.2
North
Covenant Classical over Dallas Lutheran
Lucas Christian over Midland Trinity
Abilene Christian over Dallas Lakehill this looks as though it could be the most competitive game in the north week 1
Plano Coram Deo over Keller Harvest Christian
South
Waco Live Oak over Bryan Allen Best game in the south week1
Conroe Covenant over San Marcos
San Antonio Castle Hills Over Houston Westbury
Pasadena over Round Rock Christian

I agree with all of your predictions. Lakehill continues to be somewhat of a mystery. Not much RECON about who they are. This is a fun time of the year for sure. Good luck to everybody.

WCS is scrappy! Injuries are part of the game so it’s not an excuse, but feel like they would have beat KPA fully healthy (lost two starters, including a RB that opened the game with a 60 yard TD, lost him in the first qtr). KPA is always so disciplined on D. Being short handed WCS just struggled to move the ball without those guys in the 2nd half. Feel like they win that game with those two guys. Having said that, Longview is difficult to figure out. The week one game vs Weatherford is perplexing for sure. I’d expect a very good game, I think the Stars can pull off the W and set up a rematch with Prestonwood from last years regular season. WCS was missing about half their team for that game. But again, don’t know a ton about Longview so it should be interesting.
Longview is defending State champs. No one should count them out.

Longview beat WCS 62-16
After Azle whooped up on Kingdom Prep, I kinda expected this to happen. District 1 just wasn't very good this year. With all due respect to WF6manfan, last year's loss to Prestonwood was not a fluke. Prestonwood dominated started to finish. I can't speak to how shorthanded WC was for that game, but PCA's best player was throwing up the whole game and their 2nd best player wasn't available due to injury. PCA won 62-16 midway through Q3.

After Azle whooped up on Kingdom Prep, I kinda expected this to happen. District 1 just wasn't very good this year. With all due respect to WF6manfan, last year's loss to Prestonwood was not a fluke. Prestonwood dominated started to finish. I can't speak to how shorthanded WC was for that game, but PCA's best player was throwing up the whole game and their 2nd best player wasn't available due to injury. PCA won 62-16 midway through Q3.
With all do respect, didn’t call it a fluke.

WCS was missing 4 starters. PCA was better, but as you said you can’t speak to those injuries.

Also, Longview’s a heck of a team and played well tonight and deserved to win. But the injuries just kept coming for the Stars. Just a brutal way for their season to end. They were down to 6 guys suited up at one point near the end. But that’s football.

Round 1 is in the books, DII has one game left to play today. (1st Baptist & Round Rock)
Advancing in the North
Covenant (10-1) and Lucas (9-2)
Abilene (9-2) and Coram Deo (9-2)
Both of these could be really close games. I'll ride with FT. Worth, they are the champion until someone finally knocks them out. Could this be the week? The second game is a toss-up, just have a hunch Deo will prevail in a tight one.
Down South
Live Oak (8-3) and Conroe (10-1)
Castle Hills (9-2) 1st Baptist (11-0) just going to assume no upset today.
Think we will get the 4th match in 2 years between Conroe and 1st.

Mid-Cities, Looking at the schedules of Plano and Abilene, it appears Abilene has played the tougher. But, this the playoffs and crazy things can happen. Injuries begin to mount this time of the year and for squads that are already thin, seem to get smaller weekly. Weather can play a huge factor as well. With no chance for rain in Abilene last night, it rained or misted the whole first half, which caused problems for both teams.

Many times, it is the team that can overcome the “uncontrollable, that will be the victor. I agree with your predictions, but I do stick with Abilene over Plano.Good luck this week.

Back