STATE PICKS

Wow...you guys are great and all these comments make me belly laugh!!
We can look at scores, who beat who by whatever score, but playoffs are playoffs. Anyone can win.
I personally think Mclean will walk right through to state and that game as well. If the Crocket kid gets hurt, they still win but not as easy. He is BIG and FAST!! Wow he is fun to watch.
I haven’t seen Garden City and I haven’t seen Milford. But I have seen Union Hill, Borden County, White Deer and Mclean. White Deer lost to Union Hill on a failed 4th down conversion. WD gets that, game over they win.
Mclean and WD game was a great game form both sides. Great coaching and great plays. The part I think most people don’t see is those kids smiling and congratulating each other after they both played their guts out.

Greatest95":82czhchf said:
I can’t wait to see what y’all are going to say when Milford wins the State Championship this year!

Probably congratulations? I mean they absolutely will not win, but if they miraculously took their one man show and their over zealous fan base all the way, then awesome job, happy for the kids.

I just hope that most people who read this are smart enough to realize that it isn't blackwell people that are posting this crap...I just wonder how much of this nonsense would actually get out on here if we couldn't hide behind our user names. On the subject at hand, I would imagine that no matter who strawn plays from here out, they will be heavy favorites and rightfully so..

Milford is not a one man show. Anyone who’s has actually seen them play knows that. Ta’Ron is arguably the best spreadback of All Time, with a receiving core full of track stars. You guys wants to see a statement from Milford? Pay close attention this Friday night. Roll Dawgs, One Pack One Goal.

MilfordInsider":fnx15z7z said:
Milford is not a one man show. Anyone who’s has actually seen them play knows that. Ta’Ron is arguably the best spreadback of All Time, with a receiving core full of track stars. You guys wants to see a statement from Milford? Pay close attention this Friday night. Roll Dawgs, One Pack One Goal.
2nd best, right behind Tyler Ethridge.

MilfordInsider":37w1bx9y said:
I was wondering when you were going to bring back the track stars statement. I missed it. ROLL FREAKIN' DAWGS!

MilfordInsider":3fymk9db said:

I quoted this because of the BEST OF ALL TIME STATEMENT.

I do agree Milford will honestly be representing the East, but i'm pulling for Coolidge.

Now about the BEST OF ALL TIME STATEMENT - NO WAY IN HELL IS Ta'Ron the best of ALL TIME.

Top 3 to ever play the game
-Tyler Ethridge - NEED WE SAY ANYTHING MORE THAN THE NAME OF THIS YOUNG MAN,
-Trey Richie - back to back to back 6 man MVP of state game and won all 3 games. Believe he still holds the state game record for tds in one game (EIGHT)
Keenon Ward - played private school then transfered to 3A school, was 3A MVP, played Div 1 for Texas Tech (Saw him play 3 sixman game) - still has film on you tube

MilfordInsider":2hfz25jn said:

Oh I'd love to see a statement made by Milford for once. As loaded as you say this team is, they still have a tendency to struggle against the better/good opponents they face.

Kramer":3t3f0x21 said:
MilfordInsider":3t3f0x21 said:

I do agree Milford will honestly be representing the East, but i'm pulling for Coolidge.

Now about the BEST OF ALL TIME STATEMENT - NO WAY IN HELL IS Ta'Ron the best of ALL TIME.

-Trey Richie - back to back to back 6 man MVP of state game and won all 3 games. Believe he still holds the state game record for tds in one game (EIGHT)
Keenon Ward - played private school then transfered to 3A school, was 3A MVP, played Div 1 for Texas Tech (Saw him play 3 sixman game) - still has film on you tube

I believe Walker Tippie from Richland Springs now holds the State TD game record with 10. 8 rushing, 2 passing TDs. But I agree with everything else you said.

Milford is not a one man show. I thought Milford proved that point on Sept 14th, 2018. Just in case you forgot, please reread the thread Milford vs Oakwood and maybe that will give you some proof that Milford is once again not a one man show.

Ares":1htdhx9r said:
Kramer":1htdhx9r said:
MilfordInsider":1htdhx9r said:

I believe Walker Tippie from Richland Springs now holds the State TD game record with 10. 8 rushing, 2 passing TDs. But I agree with everything else you said.

Passing for a TD is not scoring a TD...the receiver scored the TD

Dewayne Miles SCORED 9 TDs in the '95 state game (8 rushing, 1 KO return)

Leman Saunders":209idy2c said:
Passing for a TD is not scoring a TD...the receiver scored the TD

Dewayne Miles SCORED 9 TDs in the '95 state game (8 rushing, 1 KO return)

So we dont credit the passer for throwing a pass that lead to a TD? Just the reciever? Is this a Sixman thing?

It is all the same no matter the level of football. If you threw a touchdown pass, you did not actually score the touchdown, the receiver did. Yes you get credit for throwing a TD, but you dont get credit for scoring a TD...it is two different things. Your post implied that he scored 10 TDs and he did not, he scored 8 and threw for 2.

Back