STATE PICKS

McLean this McLean that...
I’m sorry but I don’t understand the hype at all. Teams like GC, Strawn, Milford, BC, Jonesboro and Balmorhea have been battle tested for a couple of years now. Let’s wait till McLean puts up a few dominant seasons before we appoint them the kings of football. McLean beat Strawn in week one that’s it. Let’s not forget they got smacked twice last year by Happy. Happy allowed +70 points to RS without Tippie and Milford 45ed RS without tippie and only allowed 16 points. REGULAR SEASON FOOTBALL doesn’t matter anymore. Playoff football is a whole different ballgame.
Those of you who are from McLean continue to get on here and support your boys. But the rest of you wait until McLean proves there the best. Last year everyone said “Milford won’t get my respect until they beat RS in the playoffs.” Well McLean won’t get respect until they beat GC in the playoffs.
Sorry for the rant
And don’t forget ROLL DAWGS, ONE PACK ONE GOAL

I do not think McLean is the “king of football”. They’ve got a good team this year, and they’ll thump everyone on the way to a championship. Maybe. Maybe they’ll get beat first round. Who knows? That’s the fun of it.

tdog5344":2652yfu6 said:
BigFan22":2652yfu6 said:
Garden City can’t beat McLean on their best night. I’ve seen both teams play. Saying McLean is untested might be the absolute dumbest comment I’ve seen on this forum. Balmoreah, Follett, Groom, Strawn, White Deer. How much test do you need? And I’m sick of the “Strawn wasn’t ready!” Excuse. Want to be the best? Show up and play. They got outplayed. It happened.

Which game did you watch mclean play and same for Garden city I'm curious about your reasoning

I actually got to watch both teams play Balmoreah. GC can play, but McLean forced their will on Balmoreah and ended it. GC just isn’t the same caliber team. Everyone is talking about McLean’s size, but they’re fast as well. Like faster than the average bear.

I guess it’s anyone’s game! Wasn’t that proved when Union Hill beat White Deer? And yes McLean has not been beaten but that doesn’t mean they CAN’T be beaten either, it’s all about who wants it more. I’m going to take a long shot and say D1 will be Union Hill and D2 Balmorhea, don’t be cutting the little guys out yet. Other teams may have some speed but there lacking heart and intelligence of the game.

Balmorhea isn't in D2 they are D1 this year. Think you might want to re-pick your D2. I'm saying motley co vs strawn. People say motley county don't have speed but I seen them play a lot this year n they are fast. I mean if you can out run paducah then you got speed.

I’m sorry, but Balmorea didn’t even belong on the same field with Mclean this year! It was 56-0 at half and starters came out mid 2nd quarter!!! I’m not saying Mclean is now king of sixman for good, I’m saying they will be king of sixman this year. They are tested! They went out this summer and scheduled a TOUGH schedule on paper and destroyed everyone in their way so far! They have a lot to prove, no doubt, but to think just when the playoffs come they will lay down and fade away would be absurd! They beat two very good teams in the playoffs last year that were supposed to beat them! They were down two scores to NAZ at half and destroyed them in the second half. This is a tested team, and they’re tested in practice everyday. I can promise you, they aren’t over looking anyone and they’re extremely motivated.

MilfordInsider":1w1q8ljd said:
McLean this McLean that...
I’m sorry but I don’t understand the hype at all. Teams like GC, Strawn, Milford, BC, Jonesboro and Balmorhea have been battle tested for a couple of years now. Let’s wait till McLean puts up a few dominant seasons before we appoint them the kings of football. McLean beat Strawn in week one that’s it. Let’s not forget they got smacked twice last year by Happy. Happy allowed +70 points to RS without Tippie and Milford 45ed RS without tippie and only allowed 16 points. REGULAR SEASON FOOTBALL doesn’t matter anymore. Playoff football is a whole different ballgame.
Those of you who are from McLean continue to get on here and support your boys. But the rest of you wait until McLean proves there the best. Last year everyone said “Milford won’t get my respect until they beat RS in the playoffs.” Well McLean won’t get respect until they beat GC in the playoffs.
Sorry for the rant
And don’t forget ROLL DAWGS, ONE PACK ONE GOAL

I don't think anyone is saying McLean is the king of football. What we are saying is McLean is legit this year, and has a great shot at winning the State Championship. They returned essentially everyone from a team last year that won 2 tough playoff games, and their only 2 losses were to a Happy team who only lost to the State Champion. They will use that playoff experience from last year to their advantage, and be ready for a long playoff run.

Champion1":20x5qccg said:
6man47":20x5qccg said:
footballfan10113":20x5qccg said:
D1 Mclean
D2 Strawn
Mclean is right but i think Blackwell has Strawn by 20 Blackwell has too much speed to be defeated.
Have you seen Blackwell play? Their closest game was against Highland, where they narrowly beat them by 3 and Highland won't even make the playoffs in D1. If Blackwell even makes it to the big game, Strawn will 45 them easily.
They got that Coldiron kid and he'd run all over Strawn if they played.

6man47":8v0tuk2r said:
Champion1":8v0tuk2r said:
6man47":8v0tuk2r said:
footballfan10113":8v0tuk2r said:
D1 Mclean
D2 Strawn
Mclean is right but i think Blackwell has Strawn by 20 Blackwell has too much speed to be defeated.
Have you seen Blackwell play? Their closest game was against Highland, where they narrowly beat them by 3 and Highland won't even make the playoffs in D1. If Blackwell even makes it to the big game, Strawn will 45 them easily.
They got that Coldiron kid and he'd run all over Strawn if they played.

Blackwell schedule is a cakewalk so of course you can say that about him.. I guess we'll see what he's about whenever they face some real competition..

Sorry, but Mclean has the best player in all of 1-A also. Ben Crockett. BIG. FAST. PHYSICAL. Hands down the best player in the state. You guys need to watch Mclean.

Back