STATE PICKS

BigFan22

11-man fan
Ok, we are far enough along that I think we can start making champion guesses. In D1, I’m going McLean. Who’s going to beat them? Garden City did not put on the show versus either Strawn or Balmoreah that the Tigers did.

In D2, I’m saying either Strawn or Motley County could take it. But I do not see Strawn missing out this year. Strawn takes D2.

If I’m right, everyone owes me a beer.

I believe the Coyotes of Borden County would need to be in the D 1 conversation. If BC, GC & McClean stay healthy it will be very interesting to see how the West will play out. But, McClean has been lights out this year, so I would think they would be the favorite in the West and win it all.

D-2 has to be Strawn, they are a scary fast team.

Sorry but Motley County is not even close to the same caliber as Strawn they may get there but no way they compete with strawn

McLean is the obviously the top D1 choice, but they caught Strawn at a good time. Strawn was still living in the after glow of a state championship and McLean had a two by four waiting for them. Bottom line McLean is real good but untested. McLean knows that Garden City will give them four quarters and it will not be easy. Borden County hopefully will have their team healthy so they can compete for the title too. Milford will match up well physically with McLean and has a lot more speed. Milford's best effort will beat McLean, but Milford will have it bring it! D2-Everyone is chasing Strawn. Iredell is untested and I believe Richland Springs will do well in the playoffs but will not win out. Everyone else is a pretender. See you at Jerry's World on December 19th. Eat before you get there or you will be robbed at the concession stand!! Hey BigFan you are only half right, so that's half a beer, right??

How is mclean untested they played Strawn, follett, Balmoreah, and just handled whitedeer I believe there opponent rating is harder than GC and milford. I forgot about Iredell they appear to be legit.

McLean has not been in a game where the outcome was in doubt? No! Agreed? When they get into one Those games and win then we can say they have been tested. We are not talking about Borden County from last year, McLean will have to earn it in the playoffs. All the games McLean has won this year are an indicator of a dominant team but Garden City and Milford can beat them. That's Texas football..

MilfordInsider":2mpjf8av said:
D1
I see GC and Milford in the State game and Milford winning by +1.

D2
I see Oakwood and Blackwell in the State game with Oakwood winning by 20.
You have a strange Crystal Ball! Did Leman pay you to post that?

Garden City can’t beat McLean on their best night. I’ve seen both teams play. Saying McLean is untested might be the absolute dumbest comment I’ve seen on this forum. Balmoreah, Follett, Groom, Strawn, White Deer. How much test do you need? And I’m sick of the “Strawn wasn’t ready!” Excuse. Want to be the best? Show up and play. They got outplayed. It happened.

BigFan22":83s3fbqy said:
Garden City can’t beat McLean on their best night. I’ve seen both teams play. Saying McLean is untested might be the absolute dumbest comment I’ve seen on this forum. Balmoreah, Follett, Groom, Strawn, White Deer. How much test do you need? And I’m sick of the “Strawn wasn’t ready!” Excuse. Want to be the best? Show up and play. They got outplayed. It happened.

Which game did you watch mclean play and same for Garden city I'm curious about your reasoning

BigFan22":3gw82mv2 said:
Garden City can beat McLean. McLean is big, strong and slow. Garden City is faster and has playoff experience. McLean has all that Happy playoff experience from last year which didn't amount to much. If McLean happens to slide by Garden City Milford will be the team to avoid. Can't tackle what you can't catch.

Longhorn.. you are saying McLean hasn’t been “tested” because they haven’t played a close game? It isn’t their fault they have blown out everyone they have played... including the #1 ranked team in DII, #4 ranked team in D1 when they played, along with 2 other top 10 teams (Follett and Groom). What else do they have to do to be “tested”? Let those teams hang around just so they can have a close game? That doesn’t even make sense.

Strawn and whitedeer two of the fastest teams averaging 55 points a game and Mclean holds them both to 18 points. Our only loss this year is to them and we are Fast soooo??

MilfordInsider":1wg79vyp said:
D1
I see GC and Milford in the State game and Milford winning by +1.

D2
I see Oakwood and Blackwell in the State game with Oakwood winning by 20.

Hasn't Oakwood lost 3 games, been 45'd by Union Hill? I guess anything is possible.
Blackwell hasn't been tested (sorry Leman).

tdog5344":k2579l3b said:
Strawn and whitedeer two of the fastest teams averaging 55 points a game and Mclean holds them both to 18 points. Our only loss this year is to them and we are Fast soooo??
Tdog you probably haven't seen Milford in person. They are big and fast. No one has accused White Deer of being fast. Strawn has tons of speed but not very big at all. True Milford has lost to Strawn but Milford has the size and speed to give McLean or Garden City a very good game. Hey I think the competition is great. No one this thread has said McLean has played anyone the caliber of Milford except for Strawn and that game is over.

If you say Mclean is slow, you obviously haven’t watched them this year! These guys FLY to the ball, and they bring the pain when they get there. This is an extremely motivated group, they show up to wok everyday and grind their asses off. The Strawn game wasn’t even a clean game for Mclean and they won by 33! They expected to win that game, it wasn’t even that big of a deal for them. I don’t think Mclean will be “tested” again this year, including the state championship game.

Back