Rumor?

There's more than one Wildcat Nation.

Probably someone from the east worrying that they may not finish 5-5 for the 8th straight season.

Just a guess, though.

WV's losing their coach?

Sorry for being snide earlier. It's what I do.

But seriously? Why? You have a hundred kids in high school, and all the kids seem to be athletic. Seems it would be a coach's dream job.

If WV wants to WIN State? I think they should???? This is SIXMAN BALL, Not 11Man...... I Posted after there game Ira vs WV. WV should have won that game.

Perhaps I'm old school sixman and believe that you should always play your best six (It's the playoffs). These kids can go all 4 quarters nonstop from beginning to end. i.e Ira playing their best six on both side of the ball all game long.

What i saw in Blackwell Friday night is something I've never seen before in sixman ball. WV exchanging 3-4 player per play on Offense & Defence. Was WV depth really that good to be able to exchange that many player in per play? I didn't think so...... Was the WV coach expecting Ira to get tired? I believe he was....I think had WV played it's BEST six they would have won the game. They had more talent all around than Ira did. Ira had their beast #12 and 3 solid players. I think someone in an earlier post mention the stiff arm job #12 did on one of WV kids that made him look like a man among boys. WV on the other had a 6 solid players that could have won the game for WV had they play the full game. With that said, WV did a pretty good job containing #12 (Probably would have done even better if WV played it's BEST six)

Just my opinion???? In the end Ira, playing their best six players all night on both sides of the ball took control of the game and finish fresher than WV ......

sixmanness":4kwsucqk said:
If WV wants to WIN State? I think they should???? This is SIXMAN BALL, Not 11Man...... I Posted after there game Ira vs WV. WV should have won that game.

Perhaps I'm old school sixman and believe that you should always play your best six (It's the playoffs). These kids can go all 4 quarters nonstop from beginning to end. i.e Ira playing their best six on both side of the ball all game long.

What i saw in Blackwell Friday night is something I've never seen before in sixman ball. WV exchanging 3-4 player per play on Offense & Defence. Was WV depth really that good to be able to exchange that many player in per play? I didn't think so...... Was the WV coach expecting Ira to get tired? I believe he was....I think had WV played it's BEST six they would have won the game. They had more talent all around than Ira did. Ira had their beast #12 and 3 solid players. I think someone in an earlier post mention the stiff arm job #12 did on one of WV kids that made him look like a man among boys. WV on the other had a 6 solid players that could have won the game for WV had they play the full game. With that said, WV did a pretty good job containing #12 (Probably would have done even better if WV played it's BEST six)

Just my opinion???? In the end Ira, playing their best six players all night on both sides of the ball took control of the game and finish fresher than WV ......
Will this ever end.... Let it go.....Say what you want to say, I was there as well.... Ira had total control of the game from the opening kick off. There are alot of "what ifs" in every game, let it go. Maybe WV will get another chance this season??? Depth does'nt win every game, those Ira boys played all 4 quarters and I saw not one kid even breathing hard in the 4th. WV did have an awesome team last year no doubt, but Ira was the better team THAT NIGHT

When is enough enough, it's like a bad dream...but back to the topic, why would he leave after only one year, and they seem to have a great program over there at WV?? I know he is an old Highland man though, not sure if thats an option or not.......

Don't know much about the Ira-WV game last year, and really...kind of water under the bridge.

But I do know how to go from the playoffs to the cellar in 1 easy step: put a revolving door on the coaches office.

The seniors playing for the Silverton Owls started this season with the fourth head football coach in four seasons. Five seasons ago they were playing in the state semi-finals. They narrowly missed the playoffs the next season, and over the last two seasons have won only one game on the field (not going to count a forfeit as a win in this case).

Hopefully, the situation in WV is an anomaly. But Silverton is a prime example of what can happen.

Silverton is not alone
in the revolving door policy.
Perhaps if coaches signed a 5 yr. deal,
they could then
either,
be forced to build,
or
allowed to build a tradition of success.
JMHO

Dogface":ppf66se5 said:
Silverton is not alone
in the revolving door policy.
Perhaps if coaches signed a 5 yr. deal,
they could then
either,
be forced to build,
or
allowed to build a tradition of success.
JMHO

In all honesty, two of the coaches should have never been allowed near a whistle to begin with. A lot of the fault lies with the school board. A lot of the fault lies with the administration, and a lot of the fault lies with the parents. If all three groups would ever get on the same page, then there would a higher quality of coach hired to begin with, and angry, petty parents would not be allowed to run him off.

As it turns out, Silverton has all three on completely separate pages. Heck - they aren't even reading the same book. I heard the assistant coach they have this year is a keeper. Let's see if the powers that be can do that.

Region: 15 County: TOM GREEN COUNTY District: WATER VALLEY ISD (226905) Campus: ALL (ALL )

Grade Level
Student Count

Early Education N/A
Pre-kindergarten 17
Kindergarten 12
First Grade 18
Second Grade 19
Third Grade 14
Fourth Grade 15
Fifth Grade 25
Sixth Grade 17
Seventh Grade 28