Rumor Mill

Yep, and @Techman32 you might also remember that Westbrook won state that year. Strawn beat them by two scores: 68-52.
This don't mean what y'all think means. They also got beat by Motley County, who Strawn smoked at state, Garden City who didn't even win their district and got beat out in the first round of the playoffs, and Water Valley who got beat by May. Y'all remember who beat May that year? The Westbrook team that won state wasn't the same team that lost all those games. They got better as the season went on.

Yep, and @Techman32 you might also remember that Westbrook won state that year. Strawn beat them by two scores: 68-52.
Again... devils advocate. A senior heavy, experienced Strawn team with the additions of Griff and Grayson Rigdon beat a young Westbrook team that was just finding its stride before they won the D1 state championship. Didnt WB lose 4-5 games that year? Good catch though. Last year's Benjamin team would've got beat by Gordon in the finals (no divisions). GRs 1st year at Benjamin, I think Benjamin could've won it with no divisions.

He’s the best six man player I’ve seen and I played in the 80’s and kept up with six man pretty well. He played/plays several levels above everyone else and has zero to prove in the six man world. He could pretty much play with any team in the state and they’d go to state…just because of him.
I hope these rumors are true.
Being a stand out or noticed in 11 man will gain more interest with college scouts than another state title in six man even if Columbus doesn’t make the playoffs.

He said a month ago that Rigdon could perhaps be a Cardinal. Not sure if that's the Cardinals he was talking about but he was right.
I still bet he plays for a sixman school before the season . 👀

This don't mean what y'all think means. They also got beat by Motley County, who Strawn smoked at state, Garden City who didn't even win their district and got beat out in the first round of the playoffs, and Water Valley who got beat by May. Y'all remember who beat May that year? The Westbrook team that won state wasn't the same team that lost all those games. They got better as the season went on.
Sure, I get it, but they still won the head-to-head which is generally the first tie-breaker in scenarios for a reason. Strawn played who was in front of them; not their fault Westbrook allegedly wasn't that good when they played their game. I'd still take Strawn that year, over Westbrook, in a fictional title game.

I still bet he plays for a sixman school before the season . 👀

That bet be about as likely to pan out as this one. ⬇️

Sure, I get it, but they still won the head-to-head which is generally the first tie-breaker in scenarios for a reason. Strawn played who was in front of them; not their fault Westbrook allegedly wasn't that good when they played their game. I'd still take Strawn that year, over Westbrook, in a fictional title game.

So you taking Motley County, Water Valley, and Garden City that year too in your fictional title game? I doubt it even though 2 of those teams beat them as bad or worse than Strawn did.

Columbus will run into Franklin and that’s trouble . I wish the kid the best . Hope he comes back to sixman in a few days lol
As I delved further into this I was really surprised given having lost their best RB, WR and some important linemen that DCTF had them ranked 2nd in 3A DI. Behind Malakoff but right in front of Franklin, returning the best RB in the division after making it to state last year. I guess a large part of that is Schobel as the 3X all state QB committed to OSU. They do have the DCTF # 4 team in their division, Hitchcock in their district.
I still think GR has a chance to make a big impact. He's been the do it all man in sixman, rushing, passing and receiving. He could do well at RB with his speed, quickness and vision. But, he's never had anyone like this to throw the ball to him. WR, Slot, RB, get him the ball in open space and he's dangerous.

As I delved further into this I was really surprised given having lost their best RB, WR and some important linemen that DCTF had them ranked 2nd in 3A DI. Behind Malakoff but right in front of Franklin, returning the best RB in the division after making it to state last year. I guess a large part of that is Schobel as the 3X all state QB committed to OSU. They do have the DCTF # 4 team in their division, Hitchcock in their district.
I still think GR has a chance to make a big impact. He's been the do it all man in sixman, rushing, passing and receiving. He could do well at RB with his speed, quickness and vision. But, he's never had anyone like this to throw the ball to him. WR, Slot, RB, get him the ball in open space and he's dangerous.
He could play slot, RB, WR. And SS on defense. Kid is that good

Going back to Columbus/GR and their 4 star, 3X AS QB, it was noted his dad is the HC. That name rang a bell. I googled Matt Schobel before I saw the DCTF 3A Cover Boy article on Adam.
I was born in Fort Worth, raised for the most part and lived in Tarrant County most of my life before moving west. Never a TCU fan but still read the Sunday Star Telegram, at $6 a pop anymore. So, I should recognize the last name.
Dad signed with A&M as a QB in 97. Redshirted, X-fered to TCU, converted to TE. Drafted by the Bengals, 3rd round 02. 5 years there, 2 with the Eagles. So I've seen him play on TV before in addition to having read about him.
Older brother Aaron also of TCU, a DE with the Bills, 2X all Pro.
Cousin Bo, also a TCU DE. 04, round 4, Titans, didn't play a lot, then Colts - got a SB ring, a couple of more teams. Did record 17 sacks one year at TCU, POY, in their Hall of Fame.
Adam committed to Baylor last year as a JR, flipped to OSU this April, then TCU called a week or so ago. Guess they bleed purple. Rah-rah TCU.
Having an NFL player as his HC could help GR develop further. I guess we'll see.

Going back to Columbus/GR and their 4 star, 3X AS QB, it was noted his dad is the HC. That name rang a bell. I googled Matt Schobel before I saw the DCTF 3A Cover Boy article on Adam.
I was born in Fort Worth, raised for the most part and lived in Tarrant County most of my life before moving west. Never a TCU fan but still read the Sunday Star Telegram, at $6 a pop anymore. So, I should recognize the last name.
Dad signed with A&M as a QB in 97. Redshirted, X-fered to TCU, converted to TE. Drafted by the Bengals, 3rd round 02. 5 years there, 2 with the Eagles. So I've seen him play on TV before in addition to having read about him.
Older brother Aaron also of TCU, a DE with the Bills, 2X all Pro.
Cousin Bo, also a TCU DE. 04, round 4, Titans, didn't play a lot, then Colts - got a SB ring, a couple of more teams. Did record 17 sacks one year at TCU, POY, in their Hall of Fame.
Adam committed to Baylor last year as a JR, flipped to OSU this April, then TCU called a week or so ago. Guess they bleed purple. Rah-rah TCU.
Having an NFL player as his HC could help GR develop further. I guess we'll see.

Thank you for this. Nice to a find a post written with decency and engaging content. Good day to you Sir.

That bet be about as likely to pan out as this one. ⬇️

So you taking Motley County, Water Valley, and Garden City that year too in your fictional title game? I doubt it even though 2 of those teams beat them as bad or worse than Strawn did.
To be fair about this, Westbrook played most of their non-district games with injuries to at least 2 starters and maybe 3. I remember discussions about this in some of the forums. They got one of their starters back a week before district started and the other 1 or 2 starters after district started.

They had the star of team out with injury in those four losses. Completely a dyteam with him back in lineup

Back