Let the rumors begin

Just calling it how i see it. Are you talking about 2 years ago or now? And will yall be staying in Dll ?
Both. Our total enrollment 2 years ago was around 240; now it is around 225. Unless multiple people move in this week, we will stay in DII. Maybe around 48 HS enrollment if I had to guess.

Both. Our total enrollment 2 years ago was around 240; now it is around 225. Unless multiple people move in this week, we will stay in DII. Maybe around 48 HS enrollment if I had to guess.
According to the TEA numbers Zephyr school turned in for 2022-2023 the numbers in 8th-11th was 72. If the grade numbers stay the same for 23/24 Zephyr should turn in around 78 for high school.

Last edited:
Some of you are taking the schedule thing way too seriously, not to mention being salty, Zephyr counts their numbers the way they UIL has us do, as every UIL school does to begin with.
Zephyr was 0-10 going into division 2 and didn’t expect to win a district title back to back, much less be competitive.
Zephyr has a long history with May, Brookesmith, Blanket, Gustine, and Mullin that goes back to the early 80’s, so yes we like playing them, do wish the games this season were more competitive but it is what it is.
Also need to think about the coaches as even on a short trip, probably don’t get into bed until midnight only to get up at the crack of dawn to bus the volleyball team 1-2 hours for their games.

Some of you are taking the schedule thing way too seriously, not to mention being salty, Zephyr counts their numbers the way they UIL has us do, as every UIL school does to begin with.
Zephyr was 0-10 going into division 2 and didn’t expect to win a district title back to back, much less be competitive.
Zephyr has a long history with May, Brookesmith, Blanket, Gustine, and Mullin that goes back to the early 80’s, so yes we like playing them, do wish the games this season were more competitive but it is what it is.
Also need to think about the coaches as even on a short trip, probably don’t get into bed until midnight only to get up at the crack of dawn to bus the volleyball team 1-2 hours for their games.
Not worried about scheduling!! Just classification. And how is 21-20 not competitive? Also I didn’t realize yall already hoisted a trophy last week? Im learning so much

Sue made traveling easier back then. They moved us to the north my Sr year. Newcastle was our longest trip and we hated it. lol. I’m sure Coach did too.

Not worried about scheduling!! Just classification. And how is 21-20 not competitive? Also I didn’t realize yall already hoisted a trophy last week? Im learning so much
Back to back games playoff appearances then, got ahead of myself, my apologies, but I believe we can pull it off.
And as not competitive, I’m referring to Gustine and Mullin not being as strong as they used to be, a lot of memories from that field

So you want to play far less talented programs… instead of top
tier programs.. well at least you admitted it finally
“Far less talented” is out of line. May would be dominated by anyone in top 10 of D2. And don’t even get me started on what the top dogs in D2 would do to D1 teams. Get ready to be sitting in the gym watching your tigers. Be thankful you’re not on your way to losing another championship. And the only reason May makes the championship game is because the region they are in is more horrendous than the Tigers most years. And it shows in the game that matters. That is FAR LESS TALENTED, not a division split.

Take it easy. Any top ten D2 team? Now your showing us you rode the short bus and licked the windows. Yea it’s true we’ve had a tough year no one is arguing that. None of that really matters going forward. I’m glad you have pride in your team that’s all good. I think your a Benjamin fan if I remember correctly. However, since you want to drag up May’s past then by all means let’s do that. I’ll bet you 100 per win heck we don’t even have to go all the way back to 94 or whenever the archives started. We can start from 20 years back to the end of 2022 You count your wins I’ll count May’s. Matter of fact I’m gonna pause and go count myself just so everyone can see.

Since 2003-2022
Benjamin 70 wins.
Since 2004-2022 one less year
May 167 wins
Now if ya wanna go on back to 1994 when archives started we can do that too or even farther if you’d like. I guarantee the results are heavily in May‘s favor. We could probably count y’all’s wins back to the 70’s and still couldn’t reach 167.
So enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. It’s gonna all go away soon enough. Meanwhile we will still be here stacking up the W’s.

Take it easy. Any top ten D2 team? Now your showing us you rode the short bus and licked the windows. Yea it’s true we’ve had a tough year no one is arguing that. None of that really matters going forward. I’m glad you have pride in your team that’s all good. I think your a Benjamin fan if I remember correctly. However, since you want to drag up May’s past then by all means let’s do that. I’ll bet you 100 per win heck we don’t even have to go all the way back to 94 or whenever the archives started. We can start from 20 years back to the end of 2022 You count your wins I’ll count May’s. Matter of fact I’m gonna pause and go count myself just so everyone can see.

Since 2003-2022
Benjamin 70 wins.
Since 2004-2022 one less year
May 167 wins
Now if ya wanna go on back to 1994 when archives started we can do that too or even farther if you’d like. I guarantee the results are heavily in May‘s favor. We could probably count y’all’s wins back to the 70’s and still couldn’t reach 167.
So enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. It’s gonna all go away soon enough. Meanwhile we will still be here stacking up the W’s.
May 7 trips to the State game 1 win.
Benjamin 1 trip to the State game 1 win.

Back