Rumor Mill

You can tell who knows the rules and who doesn't....
They change so much I can’t keep up . I do not understand how they could keep any kid from playing if they moved in district to another school after football . It used to be 15 days before you could play . I do not know how many it is now . Definitely would love to learn the “rules”

Could you imagine the shenanigans?

I'm going to play football at Happy in the fall, then move to Texline for basketball in the winter.

That dont' matter. Errbody knows he won't be at Benjamin If that were true Hayes would've probably really took the Baird job. I'm betting on Rigdon being at RS and that whoever said it was right that they're just trolling us all.

I personally have no interest where any coach winds up, but I believe earlier in this thread someone mentioned a 45-day rule regarding notification of contract non acceptance or something like that, how does that work? Is there a hard date statewide, or does it vary by school district? Are we past that for any/some/most/all schools?

They change so much I can’t keep up . I do not understand how they could keep any kid from playing if they moved in district to another school after football . It used to be 15 days before you could play . I do not know how many it is now . Definitely would love to learn the “rules”
“Moved” and “Transferred” or two totally different things. If they move…15 days (unless the PAPF is fishy and the DEC denies it)…transfer you wait 365 days

“Moved” and “Transferred” or two totally different things. If they move…15 days (unless the PAPF is fishy and the DEC denies it)…transfer you wait 365 days

I was always told (granted, this was 20 years ago, and even could have been wrong then) that didn't apply to seniors.

Last edited:
@Jones26 So say you had another residency in another district, as long as your PAPF clears you should be cleared? Just asking or playing devils advocate lol

I was always told (granted, this was 20 years ago, and even could have been wrong then) that didn't apply to seniors.
THK1138 - This is not true and it wasnt even then to the best of my knowledge

worth noting: a transfer could possibly be granted a waiver and would then have to just wait the 15 days...but I am not sure what criteria has to be met in order to be granted a waiver (when I was in school two seniors transferred in and were granted waivers to play varsity bc the school district they lived in was so academically bad)

Here’s a new one. I’ve heard Rigdon is trying to go to Follett to play with David Meeks. That would be a crazy duo. Not to mention, if he did, Follett’s got Gordon on the preseason schedule. There would be a ton of people at that game.

@Jones26 So say you had another residency in another district, as long as your PAPF clears you should be cleared? Just asking or playing devils advocate lol
One of the questions on the PAPF is if the family owns two residences…and if answered “yes”, then it’s a red flag and should be discussed at the DEC thoroughly.

THK1138 - This is not true and it wasnt even then to the best of my knowledge

worth noting: a transfer could possibly be granted a waiver and would then have to just wait the 15 days...but I am not sure what criteria has to be met in order to be granted a waiver (when I was in school two seniors transferred in and were granted waivers to play varsity bc the school district they lived in was so academically bad)
Goes along with everyone yelling to “get off the mat” at high jump.. somewhere along the lines someone made it up and it spread like a wildfire

Back