Rumor Mill

I graduated in the 90’s with no split. I honestly don’t remember us having nearly this many schools in 6-man And definitely don’t remember so many schools with enrollments below 50. A lot has changed
I hate to tell you this but yes there were a lot of teams with low enrollment prior to the split. Some did amazing and some did poorly.

Blanket. We were fighting our hardest just to not get 45ed every week in district!!! But it was still the best most memorable time of my life
Quote "most memorable time of my life." This is prior to the split. Now how tell me how happy you would've been if there was

My issue is you act like these teams couldn't compete at all because they are D2 and not D1... You get what I'm saying

My issue is you act like these teams couldn't compete at all because they are D2 and not D1... You get what I'm saying
I would have loved it the same if we would have had a split. Split wasn’t even a thought back then. And I would say about 80% or more of the time Top 5 D2 cannot compete with top 5 D1 teams. But I would have loved to see Gordon play Benjamin last year just like everyone.

I sure wish I could go back in time and be apart of the UIL and reason with them that there is no need for a division split in 6man football. But I can't. The best teams aren't playing the best teams and the split has made it more difficult to schedule games and increases travel time to the UILs preferred districts. Go back to the 8 team districts. District Championships actually meant something back in the day.
I completely agree. Same for all classifications also. But it’s all about the money.

Attachments

• CCDB5382-CCA0-465B-935C-717DEE2C805F.webp
    CCDB5382-CCA0-465B-935C-717DEE2C805F.webp
    172.1 KB · Views: 29
I would have loved it the same if we would have had a split. Split wasn’t even a thought back then. And I would say about 80% or more of the time Top 5 D2 cannot compete with top 5 D1 teams. But I would have loved to see Gordon play Benjamin last year just like everyone.
What's your thoughts about the split when it first happened? RS was winning a D1 state championship and now they've been D2 for how many years now? Point being, RS still had some teams that could've won it outright with no split. Refer back to Coach Reeds message about his team scrimmaging RS. That is all

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was your Blanket team pretty good when you played?

What's your thoughts about the split when it first happened? RS was winning a D1 state championship and now they've been D2 for how many years now? Point being, RS still had some teams that could've won it outright with no split. Refer back to Coach Reeds message about his team scrimmaging RS. That is all
I see your point and it definitely a fair one!! But RS is a whole different group of conversations. Like I said a lot of things were way different before the split.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was your Blanket team pretty good when you played?
Not in our district!!! Blanket won a district championship in 1969 ( 11-man) i believe, and didn’t win another one until 1999. And has only missed the playoffs 7 or so times since 99. 30 years was a long nulll

Not in our district!!! Blanket won a district championship in 1969 ( 11-man) i believe, and didn’t win another one until 1999. And has only missed the playoffs 7 or so times since 99. 30 years was a long nulll
I really appreciate you being honest! I respect you for that. But you did say those were the most memorable times in your life. Imagine if yall did pull the unsuspecting win over the "top team." How do you think that would've felt?

Now considering how things are nowadays, do you not think that it just wouldn't have been the same. We have so many 45's in the playoffs, but the main thing is the state championship games. How many have there been since the split, compared to before? That's all I'm asking

I really appreciate you being honest! I respect you for that. But you did say those were the most memorable times in your life. Imagine if yall did pull the unsuspecting win over the "top team." How do you think that would've felt?

Now considering how things are nowadays, do you not think that it just wouldn't have been the same. We have so many 45's in the playoffs, but the main thing is the state championship games. How many have there been since the split, compared to before? That's all I'm asking
We definitely have way more 45’s in the playoffs. But that is for a lot of reasons. Believe me I understand what your argument is and i can agree with a lot of it. But hey, I love 6man football!! And we get way more games to keep our eyes on this way. Sometimes the real playoffs dont start until the second or third round, but i still love it.

I see your point and it definitely a fair one!! But RS is a whole different group of conversations. Like I said a lot of things were way different before the split.
But this was the split. I agree though, things were different before the split minus a division split. Teams played regardless of who they had. We played Higgins and they were terrible at everything when I played. Higgins actually had some pretty good teams back in the day. Just depends on if they stay or if they leave. They beat a good Miami team in 99 who lost to state runner-up Groom 28-20.

We definitely have way more 45’s in the playoffs. But that is for a lot of reasons. Believe me I understand what your argument is and i can agree with a lot of it. But hey, I love 6man football!! And we get way more games to keep our eyes on this way. Sometimes the real playoffs dont start until the second or third round, but i still love it.
Hey, all I can say is you seem like a genuine guy and I respect that. Everything I have said is just my opinion. I enjoy seeing other people's perspectives. Keep being you

Should be competitive in atleast the 2nd round. That's what's sad nowadays. People tend to believe the reality of 6man football "meaningness" is in the quarters or semis nowadays. Instead of a district championship or bidistrict championship...
Look at aspermont vs RS in 2004.

Hey, all I can say is you seem like a genuine guy and I respect that. Everything I have said is just my opinion. I enjoy seeing other people's perspectives. Keep being you
Same too you, I can talk football all day long and always respect the other person’s opinions. Other than a few trolls, we are all on this site because we have a passion for 6-man football!!! Wish you and your team the best of luck this year. The wait is almost over!!

Back