Rumor Mill

No, I don't think you're wrong. Successful players/teams are held under a microscope and any little things awakens the wolves. Also, I didn't mean to imply every player, or team, that has success is ridiculed and hated. It's just that it has happened many times through the years.

My main point was that they're not on this site provoking or deserving anything, so for people to come here to spew their hatred, and talk about how they deserve it, is a bit ridiculous. That's not what this forum is for.

I sure wish I could go back in time and be apart of the UIL and reason with them that there is no need for a division split in 6man football. But I can't. The best teams aren't playing the best teams and the split has made it more difficult to schedule games and increases travel time to the UILs preferred districts. Go back to the 8 team districts. District Championships actually meant something back in the day.
What would your reasoning be? Just curious, because im a big fan of the split. I think its the only way to be fair but it still has some flaws.

What would your reasoning be? Just curious, because im a big fan of the split. I think its the only way to be fair but it still has some flaws.
Because the BEST TEAMS ARE NOT PLAYING EACH OTHER. IN DISTRICT OR THE PLAYOFFS. Nowadays its cherrypicked scheduling, It's as easy as that.

Plus my team would've been D2 my junior year. Wouldve had a real shot at a state championship but I'll take the loss to Valley in bidistrict anyday over a split division championship. That would've taken the fun out of it. Gotta beat the best to be the best.

Plus my team would've been D2 my junior year. Wouldve had a real shot at a state championship but I'll take the loss to Valley in bidistrict anyday over a split division championship. That would've taken the fun out of it. Gotta beat the best to be the best.
That’s crazy though!! Schools with enrollment of 30ish kids competing against schools with 100ish kids. Thats would be the same thing at having 2A schools competing against 4A schools.

The BEST team should be the only state champion. The best teams should play the best. Everyone that used to make fun of participation trophies are now a part of the issue... Just look at the playoffs from the 90's and until the split. Have things gotten better or worse? It's just getting more and more watered down every year at this point. Next year's changes in basketball and spring sports proves you don't have to be the best to "make it." Say what you want, but it's the truth.

I dont know without looking it up but i am sure SC, Westbrook, and BC were all at least close to 100. Im just saying with no split you have schools playing each other with 2x-3x+ enrollments.
BC played Highland for a state championship in D2... I get what you're saying but I agree to disagree. Gotta play the best to beat the best. You think Benjamin's team year before last couldn't hang? We will never know because of why?
SC and Westbrook didn't have enrollment numbers higher than a 100 those years.

The BEST team should be the only state champion. The best teams should play the best. Everyone that used to make fun of participation trophies are now a part of the issue... Just look at the playoffs from the 90's and until the split. Have things gotten better or worse? It's just getting more and more watered down every year at this point. Next year's changes in basketball and spring sports proves you don't have to be the best to "make it." Say what you want, but it's the truth.
Enrollment matters. With what your saying, maybe they should have never started 6-man or 8-man football. Over half the people in the state think 6-man is a joke anyway? Maybe we should all be playing 11man ball and playing against teams like Timpson and Albany?

Enrollment matters. With what your saying, maybe they should have never started 6-man or 8-man football. Over half the people in the state think 6-man is a joke anyway? Maybe we should all be playing 11man ball and playing against teams like Timpson and Albany?
You are putting words out there I never said lol

Enrollment matters since the split...
I graduated in the 90’s with no split. I honestly don’t remember us having nearly this many schools in 6-man And definitely don’t remember so many schools with enrollments below 50. A lot has changed

You have your participation trophy opinions and I'll have my realistic opinions. Best should play the best regardless

I graduated in the 90’s with no split. I honestly don’t remember us having nearly this many schools in 6-man And definitely don’t remember so many schools with enrollments below 50. A lot has changed
What year? How many teams made the playoffs in the 90s? I remember a 6team district with 4 top 15 teams and only 1 got in.

Back