Rumor Mill

Because the BEST TEAMS ARE NOT PLAYING EACH OTHER. IN DISTRICT OR THE PLAYOFFS. Nowadays its cherrypicked scheduling, It's as easy as that.
I beg to differ, go look at our schedule the last 4-5 years. I still believe that the teams that play the toughest schedules are the ones making a splash in the end. I do agree a ton of teams that schedule cupcake games to get wins

IMG_4117.png
Why there are more schools playing Sixman than back in the day! As the smallest classification enrollment has grown so has Sixman teams. Looking at Windthorst’s history, 25% of the teams they have played are now Sixman schools, not to mention the handful that are no longer existant!

View attachment 5702
Why there are more schools playing Sixman than back in the day! As the smallest classification enrollment has grown so has Sixman teams. Looking at Windthorst’s history, 25% of the teams they have played are now Sixman schools, not to mention the handful that are no longer existant!
Because 6man football was its own classification until the UIL decided to call ot 1A. 1A is now 2A. 6man schools had to play "2A schools" until the uil decided to create 6A. So to make it easier, nowadays 1a & 2a were both considered 1a. Now 6man is considered 1A. The 11man 1A schools are now considered 2A. Forgot what year it happened but yeah, that's what happened.

Football archives

UIL State Football Champions from 1920 thru 2008
Brief history of Texas UIL High School football
From 1920 to 1948 there was only 1 state champion
1948 to 1950 3 classifications City, 2A and 1A 3 state champions
1951 to 1971 there were 4 classifications 1A-4A 4 state champions
From 1972 to 1976 there were 7 state champions 1A-4A, B, 8-man and 6-man 1976 was the last 8-man champions
From 1977-1979 there were 6 championships 1A-4A, B, 6-man
Beginning in 1980 Class B become 1A. The classifications were 1a-5A and 6-man there were still 6 state champions 1A-5A, and 6-man

1990 5A split into DI and DII 2 state champions all other classes only had 1 champion. There were 7 state champions

1996 4A split into DI and DII. There were 8 state champions

1998 3A and 2A a split into DI and DII 1A and 6-man were the only division with one state champion. There were 10 state champions

2006 1A and 6-man split into DI and DII the first year there were 12 state champions

In 2014 there were 6 classifications 6-man became 1A 11-man schools were 2A-6A there were 12 state champions

2013-2014 all state championship games were played in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
2015 6-man played in Shotwell stadium in Abilene 2A-6A played in NRG stafium in Houston, Texas

Since 2016 all state championship games have been played in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas with the exception of 2020, Covid delayed the 6-man Division II to January 5, 2021, and the game was played in San Angelo.

Last edited:
@Old Bearkat can attest to this as well being in Illinois with me. We have something like 450 schools that are playing 11 man football and we divide that into 8 different playoff classes. Talk about watering down the field.

Because 6man football was its own classification until the UIL decided to call ot 1A. 1A is now 2A. 6man schools had to play "2A schools" until the uil decided to create 6A. So to make it easier, nowadays 1a & 2a were both considered 1a. Now 6man is considered 1A. The 11man 1A schools are now considered 2A. Forgot what year it happened but yeah, that's what happened.
I think it was in 2014.

I think GR ends up elsewhere...

What if he wanted to play for his big brother in Somervell County?
I will agree on this . I could see them stomping through town just to make everyone think he is going there . 😂 sounds believable. If he does play I bet he transfers out to a state contender basketball school after football season . That’s just my prediction which is prolly wrong

I will agree on this . I could see them stomping through town just to make everyone think he is going there . 😂 sounds believable. If he does play I bet he transfers out to a state contender basketball school after football season . That’s just my prediction which is prolly wrong
You can't just transfer out for basketball season and be eligible

Back