R2 - Westbrook over Rankin
R3 - Abbott over Gordon
R4 - May over Jonesboro

D2 Picks

R1 - Balmorhea over Whitharral
R2 - Benjamin over Jayton
R3 - Bluff Dale over Oglesby
R4 - Cherokee over Loraine

Such tough choices for all the brackets. Think.its gonna be hard for teams to beat really good teams twice.

I have lots of questions though...

Cedric Ware, is he 100% yet?

Can Benjamin, even without being truly tested or pushed, go wire to wire?

Is Region 3 in D1 the most wide open?

Who are we, aka the masses, sleeping on?

Who has upset potential?
We are going to have to repick some didnt make it

What did I do that I managed to be the only 17-2, with others either 17-3 or 16-4?
View attachment 3435

So I've had a few others mention that they had games missing too. I spent quite some time looking at the code today and couldn't find anything that would cause this problem. So it was either oversight by y'all, where you accidentally missed picking the team or it's a race condition error, which means the site is saving so many games, so fast, that it misses some. I wouldn't think 32 saves would cause that, though, but I'm really not sure. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to run more tests to find out if it could be a race condition.

In other words, it could be my fault and if it is I apologize for the error. I will have a look at it before next year to make sure it doesn't happen because of faulty coding. I know that doesn't help this year, but that's the best I can do at this point.

Is there a way to see who each person picked. I’m curious if most people missed the outcome of the same games. Seems like May vs Irion County and Rising Star vs Blackwell maybe the main culprits.

Is there a way to see who each person picked. I’m curious if most people missed the outcome of the same games. Seems like May vs Irion County and Rising Star vs Blackwell maybe the main culprits.

Clicking on the number of members who picked certain teams is the only way. Doing that will show you everyone who picked those teams, and what spread they picked for that game.

So I've had a few others mention that they had games missing too. I spent quite some time looking at the code today and couldn't find anything that would cause this problem. So it was either oversight by y'all, where you accidentally missed picking the team or it's a race condition error, which means the site is saving so many games, so fast, that it misses some. I wouldn't think 32 saves would cause that, though, but I'm really not sure. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to run more tests to find out if it could be a race condition.

In other words, it could be my fault and if it is I apologize for the error. I will have a look at it before next year to make sure it doesn't happen because of faulty coding. I know that doesn't help this year, but that's the best I can do at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me if I missed one. I did it on mobile.

It wouldn't surprise me if I missed one. I did it on mobile.

Either way, I'll work it out by next year. I'll probably code something in to let folks know they missed a game, and have them confirm they didn't want to pick one there, just in case that's the problem. That said, I will also be running tests in the coming days, though, just to be certain it's not a software error. I don't want it to happen to folks again next week.

Well, after all the dust has settled on the UIL games for the week, I'm pretty happy with how The Toy's picks went. It went 29-3 and is sitting in 7th place. If someone would've told me that's where it'd be after the first week, I'd take it all day long! We'll see what happens the rest of the playoffs but, for now, I like it.

I may be wrong but I think I'm in first place !!!!!! What does the 291 points mean

Yes, you're in first place. The points are the difference between the spread you picked and the actual final spread of the game. If you pick a team to win by 20 and they win by 10, you get 10 points. If you pick a team to win by 20 and they lose by 10, you get 30 points.

291 means you picked all these games to within an average of 9.09 points. If you discount the May game, you picked the rest to within an average of 5.77 points. Either that, or I suck at math...which very well could be...haha!

Either way, I'll work it out by next year. I'll probably code something in to let folks know they missed a game, and have them confirm they didn't want to pick one there, just in case that's the problem. That said, I will also be running tests in the coming days, though, just to be certain it's not a software error. I don't want it to happen to folks again next week.

I found it. I completely missed Knox City vs Petersburg.

Back