TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS ROUND 2

Godsmightywarrior

11-man fan
TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:
Round 2
PREDICTION: #5 Ft Worth Classical Covenant (9-2) vs #3 WF Notre Dame (8-1) 7:30 pm Friday 11/21/14 @ Bryson
LINE: Notre Dame favored by 15
I predict that Notre Dame gets the win 72-58. FWCC will put up a fight, but I don't think they can keep up with Notre Dame's speed.
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: #6 Wichita Christian (6-4) vs #1 Longview Trinity (10-0) 2 PM Friday 11/21/14 @ Tioga
LINE: Trinity favored by 33
I predict that WCS gets the win 62-56. Yes, I'm a Homer, but the Stars are on a roll.
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: #8 Seguin Lifegate (7-4) vs #2 Fredericksburg Heritage (7-3) 7:30 pm Friday 11/21/14 @ Lifegate
LINE: Freddy favored by 26
I predict that Freddy gets the win 46-24. Freddy over Lifegate again.
ACTUAL SCORE:

PREDICTION: #4 Granbury NCTA (6-5) vs #12 Alvin Living Stones (5-4) 11:00 am Saturday 11/22/14 @ Buckholts
LINE: NCTA favored by 42
I predict that NCTA gets the win 66-32. I think NCTA is too much for Living Stones.
ACTUAL SCORE:

Your thoughts?

I can't really comment on the North, but I do think that Seguin is a very solid team fundamentally, so they should put up a good fight. I really think a lot of people are overlooking Alvin Living Stones. Colton Bofinger is an amazing talent. They will be a tough one to top. I actually pick them to beat Granbury and I figure they will play Freddy for the chance to head to state. If I had to guess I would expect to see Notre Dame vs. Longview Trinity and Freddy vs. Alvin with the finals being Notre Dame vs. Alvin. I would say that Notre Dame finally gets over the hump for the championship.

I really enjoy the playoffs. We finally get to see how districts match up against each other. While anything can happen in a six man game and I haven't seen Alvin play, I still think NCTA will have the edge. If I'm wrong, I will be the first to admit my mistake to Living Stones. I'm sure Trinity fans disagree with my pick in their game as well.
Who else wants to make predictions?

Those cant be the lines ND getting (+) 15. I bet u meant ND -15 and so on. If you meant the way you posted there must be some injuries and suspensions that normal people have not heard of. Will wait to see what you meant until I post my picks.

ND
Trinity
Freddy
Granbury, it should be a high scoring game if Alvin can hit there passes and Granbury can run the ball.
If Alvin does win maybe we could get a nuetral site someplace close to Brenham, like within 1 1/2 hour drive!

Warrior your predictions are right but scores are wrong.

Notre Dame 45- FWCC 42

Wichita Christian 68- Longview 18

Freddy 48- Seguin 45

Granbury 78- Alvin 40

I guessed too low on the scores last week and almost everybody was scoring. This week I guessed higher and it will probably be all defense. Such is life. I'd be surprised if Trinity doesn't score more than 18 though. If only we could watch each game. That would be awesome.

There is no way WCS beats Trinity....GT and GMW yall must be drinking some of that good kool aid....and off the topic of the score of the WCS vs Trinity game....Why in the world does Trinity have to travel so far to play their first playoff game...In my opinion they should have been playing closer to Longview..

Travel, that is what I do. Well, my inside source told me that it is all in the game plan...to make Trinity travel that is. With a 45 point loss at halftime, it sure will be a long trip back to Longview.

Game Traveler, what sort of information could your "sources" possibly have that definitively assures WC a 45 point win? Please, this is not a rhetorical question; I really am curious. Because your past and seemingly often incorrect predictions on Trinity games prove your "sources" to be extremely unreliable. And this whole ruse to make Trinity travel far and lose is ridiculous and, frankly, desperate (if that really is their intention, sources being you, Game Traveler). Trinity traveled over 3 hours to get to Granbury and took care of business there.

Well Joseph, by the looks of the Granbury/Trinity score, the travel must have taken a toll on ol' Longview. They didn't blow them out like the spread predicted. I cannot leak my source, but they did take the long travel into account. Wichita Christian has been on a roll, they almost knocked off powerhouse Notre Dame for the District Title. They just beat a really good Canyon Creek team (From the District of Doom...District 2) and they have only been beat by playoff teams in the regular season. So Joe, the Stars will shine bright and that Run game of theirs will run around, through, over, and under Trinity on Saturday...guaranteed.

I totally agree with ya GMW....What I have heard through the grapevine is that WCS head coach was dead set on playing in Tioga...He would not consider playing anywhere else cause he didn't want to spend the money...Trinity just got tired of the back and forth with him on where to play and gave in on playing in Tioga...Either way its gonna be expensive for both teams as TAPPS requires 7 refs for each game...So just paying for refs is expensive in itself....I just think that 10-0 and district champs reserves the right to play closer to your home town.....That's the way UIL does it....

SFA, I believe you are misinformed. Check your "grapevine" because it has to be mutually agreed upon for the location of a playoff site. I think it doesn't matter if we play in Dallas, Tioga, or even Longview; #1 Trinity is going down.

KFDX reported late Saturday night after the WCS vs CC game that the Trinity game was tentatively set for Tioga, so I don't know about the back and forth. I really don't think Coach Neuse would care too much about where the game was played.

There was a lot of back and forth and yes the game was set by WCS coach himself...And he did care where he played at...this is just what have heard from my reliable sources...

Joe, what is your prediction since you are dialed into the know at Trinity? Voice your thoughts instead of just saying what GT and SFA are saying is wrong.

As far as where the two teams play someone knows one of the coaches GMW or Joe ask, I would be curious to see if that is true. Its does not matter how cheap the field is even if it is free with a full set of refs with mileage ( depending where they are coming from) I would bet the teams will split a $1500.00 bill min.
Maybe both schools are cheap and saving money because neither believe they can win. None the less one has to.

So.....Here is mine

ND (barely, this game really could go either way)
WF (close but after reading post Trinity may not be fit for the speed)

Freddy (by aloooooot, lol)
NCTA (by alooooooot, lol)

Also the Freddy NCTA game should be the state game probally will be the best game of the year.

But in the end no matter what scenario Freddy wins it all.

Back