TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS ROUND 2

Game Traveler, are you saying you were initially expecting Trinity to win by a lot? Your original expectations was for Granbury to beat Trinity but by saying that the trip took a toll on the game's outcome, you are saying that Trinity should have beat Granbury by a lot more than they did.

John, by "attacking" Game Traveler's predictions, Im pretty sure it should be fairly obvious that I expect Trinity to win.

First of all, TAPPS considers round 2 to be equal ground as one team was a higher seed and the other had to win a playoff game to get there. So, everything has to be agreed upon or flipped for. Before saying the WC coach insisted on Tioga, you need to know that Longview gave WC 3 or 4 choices and Tioga was one of them. There's more to the story than that, but this weekend needs to be about 2 groups of boys that have worked their tales off to get here and it shouldn't be about anything else. By record and accomplishment, Trinity is the better team. The better team has to do less right in order to win and is favored for that very reason. WC will have to have a near flawless game to pull it off. They had that last week scoring 12 TDs in 12 possessions v. Canyon Creek, and that still didn't match the performance Trinity had v. Canyon Creek. That said, the better team doesn't always win...that's why they play the games. So, let's not stir trouble with sources and grapevines and enjoy our weekend games.

Joe, touché. Can you tell me why you think Trinity will win.

Scone, sounds like you have grapevines, sources and all that, do tell since there is more to the story. How do you know that there is more to the story. Unless you are the WF coach or Trinity Coach you don't know nothing more then anyone else.

I heard they were on the phone to the wee hours of the morning and trinity got tired of the wf coach whining and turning down every place that was mentioned and just went ahead and agreed. I also heard that the WF coach told the Trinity coach not to worry about where they played Trinity would be getting back on the bus at half with their tails tuck between their legs. So Scone is that true?

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Two TAPPS coaches are not going to be talking into the wee hours of the night about where to play a game or talk smack like an immature child. Let's focus on the players who have worked so hard this season and let them play their game without all the unnecessary drama.

I'm not the coach and this thread is starting to look like a dramatic facebook thread I'd get on to my teenage daughter for. It's about the game...that's all.

Just for the record, I haven't heard any disrespect for the Trinity team from WC players, fans, or coaches. They are undefeated and did so in the toughest district. There are several teams I've heard about with ejections and ineligible players and such. I haven't heard of a single "chink in the armor" for Trinity. I haven't heard of any injured players either. The only reason I could think anyone could be down on them would be lack of playoff experience compared to ND, NCTA, and Freddy...but if that's their weakness, then that would definitely be WC's weakness too. I wouldn't expect anyone outside of homers to pick WC here. Trinity would beat WC 9 out of 10 times, so WC will have to go out and play their best to try to make it that 1. Some freshman is not likely a savior that will carry them to state after their first playoff victory since 2004.

I have very reliable source, I havent heard of any trash talking either, but I still think Wichita Christian wins big. The lack of playoff experience by Trinity will be the factor. Have they ever won a playoff game? Looking at previous brackets, I dont think so, but they only go back so far.

Well, you can think what you want. As I recall, a 10-0 team got beat early in the playoffs last year. I don't know any coaches from either team. I have coaching friends close to those teams, but none are my sources. I like this division...it is very exciting. I am not taking away anything from Trinity, just stating my opinions. If you dont like, then dont read it. I am on WFC side in this game. If I am wrong after the game with my predictions then I will congratulate the winner on this board. Again, I dont have a dog in the fight, just stating my opinion. If there are any coaches on here, then I think they should focus on getting their players ready and not jawing on a message board...thats ridiculous.

Fair enough. I just didn't see how a source can assure you that an underdog will win. I would think a source can only offer injury news or just an opinion.

This is getting good now we have a conspiracy theory, paranoia is setting in. Or maybe the truth has been spoken already and people are ashamed or embarrassed. Who knows.

All I can say is maybe 6 people read this I highly doubt these comments are fueling anything. If either team cant get ready without reading these boards they both are in trouble.

It is definitely giving us six people that post a lot of entertainment. I agree with you Holmes, I dont really think any of the Coaches or Players read this or use this stuff as "fuel to the fire". They have better things to do. And Scone, my source gives me strategies, it is my opinion that WFC will win. I also pick Freddy, NCTA, and Notre Dame to win also. But you are right, it comes down to who wants it more and we will see which team that is on Saturday.

Game Traveler":192lf7n3 said:
pup what do you think of the Brackets?

I was fairly close. What threw me off was the whole Houston Texas Christian not being eligible deal. That really messed things up, not that I mind, though. HTC has proven itself dishonest, AGAIN. Gotta feel sorry for Heath, probably a better team than Selma.

I also fell for the "more talk on the board so we must be good" ploy. Lots of talk about Brenham again this year, only to get smoked by Alvin (who has been silent). I picked Brenham to win that district and will not fall for that tactic again.

As far as what has transpired thus far, I'm good. Only surprise I see is Wichita Falls Christian. Also a bit surprised by the San Marcos/Granbury score. Is Granbury that good or did San Marcos play their best football against Seguin and Freddy?

I'm picking WFND and Longview in the north semi. The Freddy and Seguin part XXII game should be a good one. Not gonna pick a winner there, too close for those old district rivals. Granbury is gonna smoke Alvin.

That is all. Carry on.

Back