TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS ROUND 2

pup":xcwtobsg said:
Game Traveler":xcwtobsg said:
pup what do you think of the Brackets?

I was fairly close. What threw me off was the whole Houston Texas Christian not being eligible deal. That really messed things up, not that I mind, though. HTC has proven itself dishonest, AGAIN. Gotta feel sorry for Heath, probably a better team than Selma.

I also fell for the "more talk on the board so we must be good" ploy. Lots of talk about Brenham again this year, only to get smoked by Alvin (who has been silent). I picked Brenham to win that district and will not fall for that tactic again.

As far as what has transpired thus far, I'm good. Only surprise I see is Wichita Falls Christian. Also a bit surprised by the San Marcos/Granbury score. Is Granbury that good or did San Marcos play their best football against Seguin and Freddy?

I'm picking WFND and Longview in the north semi. The Freddy and Seguin part XXII game should be a good one. Not gonna pick a winner there, too close for those old district rivals. Granbury is gonna smoke Alvin.

That is all. Carry on.

I agree with some of what you say here. As far as District 4, we all knew that Alvin was going to be the team to beat. Here in Brenham, we were excited to make the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken, this website picked us to lose every game this season except for Bellville. Getting "smoked" by Alvin is nothing to scoff at, they have some phenomenal players.

I agree with WFND vs. Longview in the North semi and I agree that Freddy and Seguin should be a good one. I think Alvin can beat Granbury, although I'm sure they are a huge underdog.

Well pup, Granbury is GOOD! I have them picked to win it all. I am for WFC this week, because it seems they are playing some really good football right now. I dont think it matters who comes out of the North, Granbury will smoke them all when it counts in Zephyr.

I am going to make the WFC and LT game in Tioga (if my boss doesnt mind me slipping out early) I want to see this game.

Who is traveling to some games this week?

Game Traveler,
I'm a coach down south, so I never got the chance to watch any of the North teams outside of game film. What has changed between Longview and Granbury's first meeting that makes you think Granbury has the edge? That entire district seemed to be a beast, but I noticed that Wichita handled Richardson pretty easy, and weren't they in tough with Granbury?

Well, some.players out for a team.makes things interesting. Look at the score from longview and ncta. That game could have went either way. I dont think Longview will be there to play Granbury in finals but I ain't perfect so I may be wrong, but if it happens I dont see them.beating Granbury twice. Anything could happen though. I mean we could see wichita christian and alvin play for state. Who knows

My hesitation on picking Alvin over Granbury is that Alvin should have smoked Brenham. I consider a smoking to be 45ed early in the game. They did not do this. Now Seguin, they smoked Brenham. So not seeing Granbury play, just taking what you all think "good" is, I would go with them.

At this time of year it is the team with the best DEFENSE that continues playing. It's awesome if your team can score 70 or 80 points but if you can't stop the other team from scoring it's a toss up who wins. I'm talking about get-after-your-tails, smashmouth defense- the kind that takes away your will to play. The "I'm ready for basketball" style of defense. Couple smashmouth attitude with discipline and you have a team that's hard to beat. Granted, I have a "southern" bias but the three teams with what appear to be the best defenses are on the south side of the bracket- Seguin, Freddy, and Granbury. Some might include Longview as they have only 21 average points against this season. But if you look at their SOS they are low to middle. Granbury on the other hand, has 45-ish points against but have a huge SOS. It's going to be an interesting next two and a half weeks.

That holds true all season in this league. If one team comes out hitting, hard, the other team either hits harder or gives in. And if teams are playing even the true equalizer TURNOVERS. You can not turn the ball over in playoff football. That is the biggest emotional and physical (points) letdown a team has to over come. You want to pop someones balloon, take the ball away from them!

Pup, where are you looking at strength of schedules at, Max Preps? On Max Seguin is like -14.3, while Longview and Freddy are close, an NCTA is +8. But NCTA has lost to ND, Longview, and FtW s they have played some good teams in the north. Just curious where to find other then Max.

Well Holmes, I am a firm believer in Longview taking it all. It will be tough as every playoff game is tough, but they way they played against FWCC when both were undefeated at the time. I think they have played good football all season. Some of the people on this board should see them play, then talk about them.

Yall are crazy especially you CETx55, what an idiot. Granbury will take it all. Freddy will beat Seguin, WFC will beat Longview, and Notre Dame will beat FW Covenant. END OF STORY...TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK!!!!!!

OOOOOOHHHHH, I forgot to add, YES I am with pup in the DEFENSE wins in the Playoffs. Here is how I rank the Remaining Defenses

Freddy
Granbury
Notre Dame
Seguin
WF Christian
Trinity
Alvin
FW Covenant

Any Thoughts?

TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:
Round 2
PREDICTION: #5 Ft Worth Classical Covenant (9-2) vs #3 WF Notre Dame (8-1)
LINE: Notre Dame + 15
I predict that Notre Dame gets the win 72-58. FWCC will put up a fight, but I don't think they can keep up with Notre Dame's speed.
ACTUAL SCORE: FWCC 48 - Notre Dame 46. This must have been an exciting game! Congratulations to FWCC.

PREDICTION: #6 Wichita Christian (6-4) vs #1 Longview Trinity (10-0) Saturday 1 PM 11/22/14 @ Tioga
LINE: Trinity + 33
I predict that WCS gets the win 62-56. Yes, I'm a Homer, but the Stars are on a roll.
ACTUAL SCORE: Trinity 51 - WCS 6 Trinity proves why they're ranked #1. Congratulations to the Titans for remaining undefeated and moving on to the semi-finals.
WCS had two starters out and 4 of the 6 starters were freshman. The Stars have a young team and gained some valuable playoff experience.

PREDICTION: #8 Seguin Lifegate (7-4) vs #2 Fredericksburg Heritage (7-3) Friday 11/21/14 7:30 PM @ Lifegate
LINE: Freddy + 26
I predict that Freddy gets the win 46-24. Freddy over Lifegate again.
ACTUAL SCORE: Freddy 30 - Lifegate 22. Definitely some defense in this game. Freddy makes it 2 for 2 against Lifegate. Congratulations to Freddy.

PREDICTION: #4 Granbury NCTA (6-5) vs #12 Alvin Living Stones (5-4)
LINE: NCTA + 42
I predict that NCTA gets the win 66-32. I think NCTA is too much for Living Stones.
ACTUAL SCORE: NCTA 58 - Living Stones 8. NCTA ensures that district 2 gets the trifecta in the quarterfinals. Congratulations to NCTA.

So warrior are you saying that if those two starters were playing, WFC would have upset Trinity? I was there and trust me that sweep right and sweep left wasn't doing much to Trinity. But hey young is good, if they stick with it.

No Game Traveler, I was just stating the injury report and the fact that the freshmen got some great playoff experience. I wish I could have watched the game live to see Trinity play. I think I'm retiring from my six man predictions. I'll leave it to someone else to be the prognosticator.

I don't see anyone else putting it out there as clear as gmw. And I would say in a district where one player could make a difference (Im not saying always does) and the small amount of information we get from each game and the fact that the info usually passed through homers, predictions could be like reading tea leaves.
Sorry to say, you are not excused to leave the room gmw.
Oh yeah, the other info we get is from the coach and the players who get to see video, and what are they going to say? "yeah, they are definitely going to kick our butts by half!"

GMW, keep doing what you're doing. You provide a valuable service and good information to all of us who enjoy 6 man football. Especially TAPPS Division III. Sorry your Stars got knocked out but, like I said, they look young and talented. Their future is bright. Keep posting information, predicting and prognosticating. You do things in a classy, respectful manner and we need more of that! Thanks.

I can do the picks too!

Fw Covenant (10-2) vs Longview Trinity (11-0)
PREDICTION: FWCC-56, Trinity- 34
ACTUAL SCORE:

Granbury NCTA (7-5) vs Fredericksburg (8-3)
PREDICTION: NCTA-45, Freddy- 27
ACTUAL SCORE:

See its not hard.

Back