TAPPS DIII PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS ROUND 2

Game Traveler":18g6w9d3 said:
Yall are crazy especially you CETx55, what an idiot. Granbury will take it all. Freddy will beat Seguin, WFC will beat Longview, and Notre Dame will beat FW Covenant. END OF STORY...TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK!!!!!!

Looks like CETx55 nailed the pick. Not sure why you keep picking Wichita Falls schools to win in the playoffs. Every year I read about how good they are going to do in the playoffs and each year, once they start playing the better teams from the other areas, they don't quite measure up. It was interesting last year to watch the 3rd best team in District 3 (Freddy) move into the North region and make it all the way to the state championship.

Biggest problem up here is the talent split of 3 private schools in Wichita Falls. The population might be nearly 100k, but the median income doesn't support the need for 3 schools. WC played Trinity with 7 guys, and only have 1 senior in athletics and 2 sophomores in athletics and only 2 juniors in the school period. Christ Academy keeps having their team not make. Notre Dame moved up to 2a for all other sports but lower male numbers keep them in 1a for football. I don't see a change in that for the near future, but I know WC and Notre Dame are just a player or 2 away. It used to be that, if you were an athlete, the only choice was Notre Dame.

SCONELBRO":lfvgw9pz said:
WC played Trinity with 7 guys, and only have 1 senior in athletics and 2 sophomores in athletics and only 2 juniors in the school period.
That's DIII, "Man if Joe and Carl didn't go to the public school we could have..." These are the breaks. So one year we have the super stud team and the next year the school is no longer or you have a team with all freshmen. I am guessing the team that wins this year will be senior heavy, and next year could get there cake handed to them. Even Freddy, with there awesome program faces that, just not as drastically as us with mere mortal programs. Dallas Covenant, great program, off the map this year, DI I believe.

To get back on track,
Trinity and Freddy in the final game. Going with Coach Shipman to win it all.

Back