Possible issues with Richland Springs FB Team

I haven’t taken the time to read all of this thread. Nor do I really care too. I have said it before and I still stand by it. WHO CARES RS and JB can fade to black as far Im concerned. But you are correct Fencelineguy every time there is a post regarding RS or JB people lose their minds. It’s comical if nothing else. I wander if any of these super fans of RS were around when we 45’d them year after year. Lol.
Oh and I’m not going anywhere. My Tigers are not in the hunt this year so I will be supporting Cherokee for sure. I’ll try to figure out who from D1 East I can get behind but that’s a tough one lol.
When was May 45ing RS year after year? It's at least 30+ years ago

When was May 45ing RS year after year? It's at least 30+ years ago

It has been a while for sure. Since 1994, there have been 7 regular season games between May and RS. RS won 6 of the 7. 4 of them by 45. May has not been much of a threat for the past ~30 years (to your point).

Not sure when the OP was referring to but it was apparently before I cared much about six man.

It has been a while for sure. Since 1994, there have been 7 regular season games between May and RS. RS won 6 of the 7. 4 of them by 45. May has not been much of a threat for the past ~30 years (to your point).

Not sure when the OP was referring to but it was apparently before I cared much about six man.
82/83/84. Probably just tad bit older than you lol.

In other news. Who in the East can hang with Cherokee???? I think it’s Benjamin and Cherokee at Jerry’s world.
Loraine has the best shot. Hopefully they can get to play each other next week. Although, everyone in San Saba county wants it to be RS in a rematch. The real question is who can stop Cherokee from scoring? I would like to point out Cherokee 45’d SFJM early in the 3rd quarter and Jonesboro only beat them by 14.

mkay. So RS 45's your team 4 times since yours 45'd them 3 times. lol. What are we discussing again?
I was responding to the post on how RS fans get all twisted up whenever there is a post about RS or JB. All I said was I care less bout RS or JB and back in my time RS was just another 45 game. I never bought into how good they were or not. I can still care less what they have done in past how ever many years. Seems all a bit tainted now don’t it.

Loraine has the best shot. Hopefully they can get to play each other next week. Although, everyone in San Saba county wants it to be RS in a rematch. The real question is who can stop Cherokee from scoring? I would like to point out Cherokee 45’d SFJM early in the 3rd quarter and Jonesboro only beat them by 14.
Didn’t realize that. That’s good info

I was responding to the post on how RS fans get all twisted up whenever there is a post about RS or JB. All I said was I care less bout RS or JB and back in my time RS was just another 45 game. I never bought into how good they were or not. I can still care less what they have done in past how ever many years. Seems all a bit tainted now don’t it.

lol. Ok. Well, I'd like to see them (May and RS) play each other again some time. It's an easier drive than High Island. lol

Guys,May has beaten RS twice since and including 2013. At least get your facts right. Of course, RS fans may be ignoring the second game because JB was the west Texas. It was the first year the Rigdons was at RS.

Guys,May has beaten RS twice since and including 2013. At least get your facts right. Of course, RS fans may be ignoring the second game because JB was the west Texas. It was the first year the Rigdons was at RS.

Not seeing that in the score archives. Shows that May and RS played in 2013 (May won 76-52) and 2019 (the first year of Rigdon HC, RS won 68-47). These were regular season games. So, I'm either overlooking the score, in which case, why don't you give a bit more detail? Or perhaps there might be some facts you need to get straight?

Back