Garden City

Garden City beat Sterling City. Notice how I said beat and not upset. Their offense is one of the best is the state and they could very well end up at AT&T and take home the championship! Their speed is too much for teams like Happy, Jonesboro and Sterling City. The only team I think can beat them in D1 would be Union Hill. Watch out for Garden City as they've been under the radar all year.

Seriously. They GC has played Milford and Balmorhea extremely tough this year, and in both games seemed to score at will. Nobody on the west side of the bracket can Garden City that's for sure.

OffensiveJuggernot":2zgdny1g said:
Garden City beat Sterling City. Notice how I said beat and not upset. Their offense is one of the best is the state and they could very well end up at AT&T and take home the championship! Their speed is too much for teams like Happy, Jonesboro and Sterling City. The only team I think can beat them in D1 would be Union Hill. Watch out for Garden City as they've been under the radar all year.

Too much speed for Jonesboro you say?? Unfortunately I have a very bitter taste in my mouth from that very thought last year as my Calvert Trojans rode home on a quiet bus after getting beat by that team. Calvert last year(and maybe this year) has more speed than GC in my opinion.

Not to take away from GC at all. Jones has done an incredible job over there and I have nothing but respect for the Cats and hope they do take that title!!

4thandlong":2nqyg6jq said:
WV Backer":2nqyg6jq said:
OffensiveJuggernot":2nqyg6jq said:
Borden county isn't really known for winning big playoff games.
Borden County, state champs in 1997, 2008, and 2009.
How many of the kids on the team this year were on those state teams?

The OP didn't say that the kids currently playing for BC are not known for winning big playoff games. If he had've said that then your post might mean something. But he didn't, so yours doesn't.

I think you just turned the ball over on downs.

Back