Newcastle vs May : Newcastle by 6
Zephyr vs Paint Rock : Zephyr by 60
Rochelle vs Santa Anna : Rochelle by 52
Gordon vs Bryson : Gordon by 9
Blum vs Abbott : Blum by 10
Savoy vs Apple Springs : Savoy by 19
Chester vs Union Hill : Chester by 33
Milford vs Gholson : Milford by 27

There may be an upset in the works between Gordon and Bryson. I am going with Bryson by 5.

And between Rochelle and Santa Anna, Rochelle by as much as Coach Phillips wants.

Johnny South":3gzc25al said:
There may be an upset in the works between Gordon and Bryson. I am going with Bryson by 5.

What's got you thinking that? Was it because Bryson beat Lingleville by 15 and Gordon beat Lingleville by 46? Was it because Newcastle beat Bryson by 26 and Gordon beat Newcastle by 15? Or was it because Bryson put up 30 late on your Coyotes?

May
Zephyr
Rochelle
Gordon
Blum
Savoy
Chester
Milford

When you get in the playoffs, you can throw previous match-ups and scores out the window. So much of that had to do with momentem, where games were played, and officials used. Injuries will play a large facter in some of the games, but most of us won't know a thing about them before any of these games are played. I, for one, won't be surprised if Rochelle runs the table. At least to the state game.

Johnny South.. what leads you to think Bryson has a shot at beating Gordon... have you seen then both play.. or film? Can you name a starter for Bryson? and for BlueBird... yes Rochelle has momentum, but they havent played a decent team since Richland Springs, or finished a game. Momentum can turn in a heart beat when you hit the first wall in 11 weeks.

What decent team has Gordon played? A Strawn team Rochelle 45ed? A May team Rochelle dominated in a scrimmage? Certainly not a 1-9 Highland team yall beat by 6 or a 4-6 Blanket team yall beat by 11 or maybe a 6-4 Rising Star you beat by 14?? Rochelle may not have played as tough a schedule as they had last year by no fault of their own but they dominated the teams in front of them while Gordon struggled! So before you grant yourselves Eastern champs I would get ready for Bryson and then worry about Rochelle.

Longhorn85":2f0iky90 said:
Johnny South.. what leads you to think Bryson has a shot at beating Gordon.....Momentum can turn in a heart beat when you hit the first wall in 11 weeks.

Well Mr. Longhorn, From all that I have been able to see, and no offense intended, Gordon hasn't been a "wall" since the Lyle Campbell days.

I truly love this time of year and these conversations :)
#1.. Rochelle has beaten 2 playoff teams.. Santa Anna and Paint Rock
#2.. Gordon has beaten 5 playoff teams.. Newcastle, Rising Star, Blanket Walnut Srpings, and May... both teams in D1 are ranked well above SA and PR.

Yes I understand they cant do anything about the strength of schedule... but it does play a big role going into the playoffs when you have had to WORK for wins. I truly believe that the Rochelle game will be a battle and I cant wait to see it. But anyone who calls this game a given on Rochelle's part now is just fueling the Longhorn fire

I can see saying Rochelle will advance this week, and I did notice gordon is not picked to blow out Bryson..so if I was a longhorn fan I would focus on my team and the game in front of me before I start making a date with the semi finals

tx6man4life":2mozymc9 said:
I can see saying Rochelle will advance this week, and I did notice gordon is not picked to blow out Bryson..so if I was a longhorn fan I would focus on my team and the game in front of me before I start making a date with the semi finals
Contrary to popular opinion, fans have zero bearing on the outcome of the action on the field....that's all on the players and the coaches. No matter how hard we cheer.
This message board is for fun and giggles...

RoyalandGold":19eirkul said:
Im pretty sure it was a Longhorn that said that noone would give Gordon a game til the semis...
There are four of us on here regularly. I know the other three a little. I'm fairly certain it was not one of us...

RoyalandGold":q68zcaz0 said:
Im pretty sure it was a Longhorn that said that noone would give Gordon a game til the semis...

No... they were saying that about ROCHELLE! Absolutely no illusions of that in Gordon, what the heck?

Back