Coaching changes

CowboyP

Six-man expert
It's almost that time of year, so I'm starting the thread a little early. Please post any verified coaching changes here.

Nueces Canyon has hired Keith Hughes as AD/HC

I knew that there would be no Teaching Certification, but didn't know if the same rules on being convicted of a felony applied to coaching. I do know that any school employee is eligible to be a coach, such as a janitor etc.

Texman301":34pcerju said:
I think it has more to do with the situation the former coach was in and then they were taking political shots! No black joke at all!!!
No political shot from me. I was serious about the pardon thing. I believe that would be the only way to get the teaching certificate reinstated. But I may be wrong. I have been before.

Everything about the SBEC investigations dept. is so subjective. Too many good teachers in trouble for a kid lying about them. Sad.
This thing about Ware is sad too. I don't see how Calvert can determine anything about him without several years with the district. Let him work on building the program for a while then see how it's going.
Sheesh.

Johnny South":31ey2s3c said:
I knew that there would be no Teaching Certification, but didn't know if the same rules on being convicted of a felony applied to coaching. I do know that any school employee is eligible to be a coach, such as a janitor etc.
You have obviously been misinformed. Coach Grimes was not convicted of a felony. He was convicted of failure to report criminal activity. His teaching certs were suspended, but not permanently taken. As soon as the proper paperwork is filed, his certs will be reinstated.

Back