Coaching changes

This topic is beginning to sound like a bunch of old widow women at a garage sale. Yack, yack, yack. Gossip, gossip, gossip! Until you know something is a truth, don't bring it up!

After reading this topic I called Coach Grimes and he has no plans on Coaching. Extremely happy with his present situation, as he should be. Great Company, and Great pay. I'm sure the Coach Calvert is seriously thinking about bringing back is Marcus Wortham.

Come on people,
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ROXTON.

The statement was made "Hope this doesn't turn in a ROTAN disaster"

What was meant by that statement was, THE PERSON who said this meant ROTAN hired an 11-man coach and with that hire they didn't do as well on the field of play. ROTAN ISD could've/should've, hired a 6-man coach and the BELIEF is ROTAN ISD would've won more, maybe been a playoff team with more 6 man success.
But being placed in a district with IRA at times and Crowell at times will make you lose a couple games.
BUT I DO AGREE WITH THE STATMENT, ROTAN HAD TALENT but didn't make a wise hire.
If you're school had the chance to hire a MIKE REED/BRET TYLER or does your school take the present yr state champion coach from a 3A or 4A school (this is an example people).
THE WISE 6-MAN PERSON TAKES REED or TYLER, While the PERSON who takes the 3A/4A coach just don't know six man or has the belief someday we'll be back in 11 man and I have a state champion coach on my campus.

My guess is because in the back of the SUPT'S MIND, they believed the school would someday go back to 11 man (speaking of ROTAN)

As for Nueces Canyon, They hired a guy with some 6 man coaching experience (Cotton Center & Brookesmith).
I'm excited to have them in the game.

texas man":2h3i4v49 said:
Very shocked by the hire. I was told some big time house hold names applied at Nueces Canyon.

I am certain that "big time house hold names" applied for this job... That is why they decided to go with a relatively unknown, someone that people had to ask.. who?

If I were on the hiring committee I am sure that I would have said, "take the unproven guy, he seems legit." All the while there is a guy with 50 - 100 wins sitting on the side...

Maybe You are right though and all the "big time house hold names" turned them down. The old thanks but no thanks.

Count Coog":1m3o5uu3 said:
texas man":1m3o5uu3 said:
Very shocked by the hire. I was told some big time house hold names applied at Nueces Canyon.

I am certain that "big time house hold names" applied for this job... That is why they decided to go with a relatively unknown, someone that people had to ask.. who?

If I were on the hiring committee I am sure that I would have said, "take the unproven guy, he seems legit." All the while there is a guy with 50 - 100 wins sitting on the side...

Maybe You are right though and all the "big time house hold names" turned them down. The old thanks but no thanks.
The reason that they went with the unknown may have been either a brother-in-law deal, or ignorance. Mine was pure ignorance. I was part of a similar situation years ago, hiring an unknown flop just because we thought that any coach with 6man experience should be capable of the same results, and at a cheap pricetag. WRONG! Man did I ever learn a lesson. 6 man is a whole nuther animal! (but the same is true for crowded field too)

And then, there is the other side of the coin. Sometimes the "big time house hold name" coach has made his reputation on the back of one athlete who just happened to come through. That coach will ride that horse for a long time, claiming to be a top coach when anyone would have had similar results with the superstar athlete. IMHO

texas man":2ucqt6nr said:
I'll tell you what, if they had been able to get someone like Vance Jones to come down, they would have been in the hunt from the get-go. And the kids would have their basic foundation laid for an assistant to take over in case he didn't stay long.

This position/school would've been perfect for Mike Reed to reappear.
He would've taken this program to instant wins, instant success, and many deep playoff appearances.
A super power in the Canyon.

2016 1A Coaching Changes.

Nueces Canyon has hired Keith Hughes as AD/HC.
Add Moran to the list.
Calvert? That was a short stint by Coach Ware.(may be coming available)-Wonder Dog.
I know Katy Faith West is open.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1A High School Football.
2016 Class 1A Changes.
-----School--------------------Old coach----------------
Katy Faith West Eagles--Rayford Cooks--OR--Greg Koch ?*?
Moran Bulldogs------------Brian Davis at school (7-53-0).
Nueces Canyon Panthers--Cody Ross at school (1-19-0).

1A High School Football.
2016 Class 1A Changes.
-----------School---------------Old coach-------------New coach.
Nueces Canyon Panthers----Cody Ross-------------Keith Hughes.

http://www.maxpreps.com/

http://www.pigskinprep.com/

Back