Coaching Carousel

This rings true as not a problem in groom for us at the time but my contacts in Mclean say that they also are having issues getting people to play after fielding good teams for just a couple years.

Well Longhorn75, Richland Springs needs to fill 2 games in every level of football this season. If you know of anyone who wants to play us please give me a call or give them my phone number. You may just make my job a ton easier. Thanks again- Coach Wesley Rigdon 850-291-7174

tdog5344":4vu8izdx said:
This rings true as not a problem in groom for us at the time but my contacts in Mclean say that they also are having issues getting people to play after fielding good teams for just a couple years.
tdog5344 wanted my observation so here goes. :) .
Ruiz should have never even been in the ring with Joshua last Saturday night. Ruiz won. Ingleside should have never lost the 1964 State Class A Championship (11 man then) to Archer City, but we did. No one thought the Jets would win Super Bow III, but they did. The Denver Matress / Furniture Row NASCAR Team should have never won a Championship, but they did in 2017. Calvert with Jayden Bryant was supposed to beat Richland Springs in their 2016 playoff game and the teams were trading touchdowns until Bryant went down. The game was basically over at that points and RS pulled away. Anything Can Happen at Any Time in Any Sport.
My point being that all the what if’s and speculation and conjecture are all fine, as long as everyone knows it is just for fun. Its when people start stating “facts” and believing that stuff that reality goes out the door.
Bottom Line: until the two teams in question PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME, it’s nothing but speculation, conjecture and hot air with a little Bull Stuff thrown in to add a little fragrance to the hot air.
Just saying................

CoachWRigdon":2z7gfaml said:
Well Longhorn75, Richland Springs needs to fill 2 games in every level of football this season. If you know of anyone who wants to play us please give me a call or give them my phone number. You may just make my job a ton easier. Thanks again- Coach Wesley Rigdon 850-291-7174
Thanks Coach Rigdon, I appreciate the vote of confidence there. McLean was looking for a game about a month ago but I never contacted the coach to see if he filled the date. I know it would have entailed a possible game at a neutral site for Richland Springs, but if Nelson Campbell and Gordon could schedule and play teams in Colorado and Canada back in the 90's a trip across Texas isn't asking too much. I know Borden County always has trouble getting teams to play them too, you might call Borden County. Oakwood and Strawn both needed a game on the same week back in February-March and I tried to interest Oakwood in playing Strawn but the Oakwood staff didn't want to play them because they might see Strawn in the playoffs too. Abilene Christian was needing a game just a few weeks ago and posted their need on this website. Looking for games in June is tough since most staffs would have wanted scheduling completed before heading for the beaches or mountains. I have a novel idea though. Why don't the coaches get together and schedule binding two year or four year commitments. Yes I know some of the private schools might disappear off the radar in a year or two but keep bulk of the schedule with UIL schools for a degree of permanence. It would make the coach's job easier too going forward and the fans would anticipate the matchups more. Otherwise, I guess you can schedule some of those Lady of the Lake schools, wave $500 at them and see if they take the bait. Strength of schedule should not be a consideration since all the Coyote fans just want a win or a forfeit just ask your boss. Might as well change things up a bit, its your team.

Well since this current staff here didn't take over until the end of May we wouldn't know too much about who needed games in February. I have not been in Richland Springs for a calendar year yet but as so many great coaches on this thread have already commented prior, it is sometimes a daunting task to fill and hold on to a 10 game schedule.

Also, I'd love to get in the private school debate but there are too many ways it can come off as condescending to coaches and players doing the same thing we strive to do everyday.

Keep on the look out for those games though! Tell them we will travel!

Coach Rigdon, you might want to just ignore “shorthorn 75”. It’s clear to all he just has a petty axe to grind.
It’s also clear to all, especially to non UIL teams and schools, that the kids, coaches and supporters of our teams are not even second class citizens in his narrow elitist view of his six man world. Our kids play hard and do their best to overcome the obstacles of fielding a team at times. But the KIDS want to play, even if they know their odds of overcoming a larger, more established program that UIL teams have. So let Shorthorn 75 continue to flap his gums and run his toilet mouth and continue to prove he’s an uppity, ignorant jacka$$.
Keep to the high road sir, you’ll be fine.
Just saying..,,,,,,,

FCSA football":8vwevh71 said:
Coach Rigdon, you might want to just ignore “shorthorn 75”. It’s clear to all he just has a petty axe to grind.
It’s also clear to all, especially to non UIL teams and schools, that the kids, coaches and supporters of our teams are not even second class citizens in his narrow elitist view of his six man world. Our kids play hard and do their best to overcome the obstacles of fielding a team at times. But the KIDS want to play, even if they know their odds of overcoming a larger, more established program that UIL teams have. So let Shorthorn 75 continue to flap his gums and run his toilet mouth and continue to prove he’s an uppity, ignorant jacka$$.
Keep to the high road sir, you’ll be fine.
Just saying..,,,,,,,
Hey FCSA my reply was respectful yet points out some possible opportunities in scheduling. Your reply as always seems to imply that your have the final say on all things Six Man which you don't. I don't care if you run a successful business and support the FCSA program singlehandedly. You probably have arthritis in your arm and shoulder from patting yourself on your back so much. I was talking schedule not attacking Rigdon or you. You show no class as indicated by your post but that is the norm for you. Private schools and their football programs are all over the board competition wise so they are what they are. Too bad everyone doesn't agree with your assessment of Richland Springs or my posts but deal with it. I'm glad to see you can spell big words like ignorant and jacka$$. Probably bragged to the wife about it too.

Now, now son, calm down, be a decent human being and people might ultimately like you.
I’m a fan of Kids, no matter what team they play for. I’m not a Richland Springs fan. Don’t personally know anyone there. Have talked to Coach Rigdon and been to playoff games over the years where they played, but I go see as many Sixman games as I can through the whole season. I’m a fan of the KIDS, all of them. They read these posts too, so when you trash a team or town by name you are also trashing the Kids. They read and share these comments. Just remember that in your posts and you’ll be fine.

FCSA football":2sy82obu said:
Now, now son, calm down, be a decent human being and people might ultimately like you.
I’m a fan of Kids, no matter what team they play for. I’m not a Richland Springs fan. Don’t personally know anyone there. Have talked to Coach Rigdon and been to playoff games over the years where they played, but I go see as many Sixman games as I can through the whole season. I’m a fan of the KIDS, all of them. They read these posts too, so when you trash a team or town by name you are also trashing the Kids. They read and share these comments. Just remember that in your posts and you’ll be fine.
FCSA you set such a poor example for Kids with your name calling of people you don't know and sucking up to the Richland Springs coaches. Your rhetoric comes across as just being politically correct for RS, that is all. I hope you aren't the coach of those Kids at FCSA, many parents wouldn't want their children playing for you. I guess you don't read your own posts?? Your persistent negative posts pertaining to anything that you don't agree with are a weak form of censorship. You are the CNN of sixmanfootball.com. Try acting like an adult.

FCSA what exactly is the high road?? You tell us about it then turn around and attack and belittle longhorn calling him names and acting like you do. Maybe for such a honorable man as you remind us you could actually take the High road

Yeah, I believe adults need to have responsibility and accountability. Realize who you are and what you are saying reaches audiences you might not be targeting. Realization of that is important, especially on this site.
You, along with others choose to ignore the fact that kids read this thread too. So if standing up for them gives you license to say whatever you want about me, go right ahead. You, and others like you don’t have the courage to identify yourselves. If you have been on this site very long then you know my name, phone number and email. Contact me directly, don’t hide. You won’t post your name or contact info because you want to hide out and throw all the garbage you want to. I guess we will just have to call you guys “The Fake News Guys of Sixman” until then.
‘Ave a good day Mate .

FCSA football":i8i0zcc4 said:
Yeah, I believe adults need to have responsibility and accountability. Realize who you are and what you are saying reaches audiences you might not be targeting. Realization of that is important, especially on this site.
You, along with others choose to ignore the fact that kids read this thread too. So if standing up for them gives you license to say whatever you want about me, go right ahead. You, and others like you don’t have the courage to identify yourselves. If you have been on this site very long then you know my name, phone number and email. Contact me directly, don’t hide. You won’t post your name or contact info because you want to hide out and throw all the garbage you want to. I guess we will just have to call you guys “The Fake News Guys of Sixman” until then.
‘Ave a good day Mate .
You hold yourself up as being morally superior somehow based on what? You posted your name and phone number on this website a few years ago! Nice touch. I have never seen anyone calling people names on this thread other than you. FSCU, you are not a moderator on this website either but you act like you are. Please understand that more than Kids read these threads and you have embarrassed yourself by your circular rationalizing. If I think competitive football is more interesting than non competitive football and encouraging it will not keep the Kids or the coaches awake at night thinking about it. Please let me know what local newspaper exists in your county so I can get your posts in print for the your admiring local residents to read. An enlightening read on a slow afternoon. It is not a requirement to post my name or contact number on this site but again I haven't been deliberately been calling out anyone either. I would not be interested in being friends just because you have posted your contact information. Another nice touch in your post is the use of "we". Are you standing in front of the choir as you type out your witty put downs or you just the designated Preacher? A Preacher with bad name calling habits at that. You some how represents the interests of all Kids playing football in private schools? How does that work. You might have Delusions of Grandeur Bubba but it is treatable. So anything you post represents the feelings of Fayette County as a whole? The more mud you sling the better your look. So YOU don't have any responsibility or accountability for what you post? Looks like that is how your most recent post started! Nothing Fake but you. Glad you are isolated in Fayette County.

CoachWRigdon":1x38awrl said:
Hot off the website. McLean is looking for week 7 game. McLean will travel to play! Play them at Strawn as a neutral site and we can all eat at Mary's. That's a win-win Coach Rigdon. Hope you take this as an opportunity .This is where the rubber hits the road. Strawn took it on the chin from this team last year. Nothing like a challenge. It's all good.

According to sources clise to the situation Richland Springs just landed 3 boys (Starters) from the Valley PATRIOTS!! Parents hired onto RS staff.

Back