Coaching Carousel

Guess that will stoke the fires and keep the conspiracy theories bubbling............
Where is Rainjack??????
There is a whole new generation of posters to be educated and ridiculed.............

tdog5344":2mij4r9w said:
According to sources clise to the situation Richland Springs just landed 3 boys (Starters) from the Valley PATRIOTS!! Parents hired onto RS staff.

One teacher or coach with 3 starting boys in high school??? Sounds far fetched, anymore info?

tdog5344":24qcdg7w said:
According to sources clise to the situation Richland Springs just landed 3 boys (Starters) from the Valley PATRIOTS!! Parents hired onto RS staff.
Well are they good? Because judging on how Valley did last year they might just be good for depth or special teams in RS. They could be young I’d also guess.

tdog5344":8ekqxmqz said:

Is that legal? Are you allowed to recruit by hiring parents? Is the new secret recipe since the foster homes are all closed? This is why people don’t like RS. 57 varieties of cheating.

I know they brought in 2 new coaches . 1 isn’t old enough to have a kid that old. So not sure who got hired on . But do you expect those kids to stay behind why there parents move ? I mean it’s not recruiting at all . The kid has to go where his parents go he has no choice . Not taking up for Richland but that goes for anyone . Plus if you have good talented kids you can get a better job lol !!

One _pac2018":3cgxvyj3 said:
I know they brought in 2 new coaches . 1 isn’t old enough to have a kid that old. So not sure who got hired on . But do you expect those kids to stay behind why there parents move ? I mean it’s not recruiting at all . The kid has to go where his parents go he has no choice . Not taking up for Richland but that goes for anyone . Plus if you have good talented kids you can get a better job lol !!

Call me crazy but I have a problem with purchasing players.

The schools are not the only business within a school district that can hire a parent to get an athlete in their school system. It truly happens all of the time. The only brake on this system is for the previous Coach, administrator, or AD to mark the little box that says that they are changing school districts for athletic purposes. The UIL seems to take this charge very seriously. At this point the only one who is penalized are the kids.

Blue Bird":24l0dfju said:
The schools are not the only business within a school district that can hire a parent to get an athlete in their school system. It truly happens all of the time. The only brake on this system is for the previous Coach, administrator, or AD to mark the little box that says that they are changing school districts for athletic purposes. The UIL seems to take this charge very seriously. At this point the only one who is penalized are the kids.

That’s a horrible system. Either let everyone transfer or let no one transfer. Some just let everyone go with no problem and I know of more than 1 instance of where the kid was screwed over by a vindictive former AD.

The UIL protest is an illusion. What is it, about 15% with their appeal?

I don't think you could turn the transfer system over to the parents and coaches. You would have a system like it was in the 50's. There has to be some checks in the system. We could go back to the one year of being inelligible, but the problem with that was there was always exceptions.

Going back to the "paying for players". Say you have a coach or a well meaning supporter in a school district who contacts the player or the parent of a player and offers them free housing to move into the school district, but no job included. This would be "paying for players'. However, the only way this could be proved is for the district executive committee to investigate. Generally, they would prefer to look the other way.

At the very least if a kid lives in the district they should be eligible.

Not fair at all to allow schools to purchase players and deny other kids who move because an AD checks a box. Especially when it’s an AD who recruits and then tries to block eligibility for kids moving out.

HeyBuddy":1c0tt6kj said:
At the very least if a kid lives in the district they should be eligible.

Not fair at all to allow schools to purchase players and deny other kids who move because an AD checks a box. Especially when it’s an AD who recruits and then tries to block eligibility for kids moving out.

Happens all the time. I know of one school district in our metropolitan area that has made it a point to hire mommas of key athletes to work in the school cafeteria (district employees). And they've done pretty darn well in crowded field football. Heck, they turned down a couple bond issues in the past to build new high schools because they didn't want to dilute the talent of their flagship high school (they now have three high schools, though).

Aledo doesn't have to recruit. Parents move in from all over Texas to get their sons lined up in the Aledo program. Playing for a top program is a definite draw in the metroplex. Southlake Carroll has lost some of its luster the last ten years. Aledo will probably be the first Texas team to win nine State championships this year. Aledo's defense is almost always the difference maker in close games.

Here’s another problem with purchasing players that has not been mentioned - the money part. When you buy so many coaches to get their kids, or too many coaches in general who are not teachers, that’s less money available for education. Richland Springs is a glaring example of this.

Back