Coaching Carousel

tdog5344":3uw05ifv said:
Is johhny south the guy who announces from Richland springs sidelines and did the espn documentary.

Maybe. What makes me question it is that guy is nastier than Johnny south. He was on the sidelines some games last year and the fans were embarrassed. Screaming and flailing around. Good times.

I agree with Tebow most of the time. His posts are well thought out, with solid reasoning, and well written. He was Right On with his response to ‘Horn75.
Nothing left to say, Tebow said it all, facts are facts! Case closed!

FCSA football":1y60qp32 said:
I agree with Tebow most of the time. His posts are well thought out, with solid reasoning, and well written. He was Right On with his response to ‘Horn75.
Nothing left to say, Tebow said it all, facts are facts! Case closed!
Real nice you and Tebow have the same affection for Richland Springs. As I mentioned earlier six man fans should look at Lone Star Football Network and review Richland Springs amazing schedule of multiple weak private and UIL schools they have played over the last ten years. Then TALK about facts are facts and everything has been said. I never said Richland Springs didn't win their eight championships. I do say their schedule is watered down and their win loss numbers padded with weak competition. Several forfeits and lots of weak teams. Richland Springs can do better than that. The coyotes should have a bite not a whimper.

Not even the best RS team could have beaten Borden County Crowell or for that fact Mclean either during those teams championship seasons. That's a Fact

Tebow your example of D1 and D2 being close together is not even close to factual because Strawn beat Milford..Strawns back to back teams 17 1i would have beat most every RS teams as well they were that good yet they lost to Garden city and Mclean.

Your loyalty makes you blind lol... but we shall never know how it played out but I can garuntee those 3 teams were bigger and just as fast as RS. And coaches jyst as well.

07 was a tough Schedule for RS beating teams like Granbury Happy hill and ElPaso faith.. they played 3 top 20 teams not sure how they pulled it off..

tdog5344":1aipnr8s said:
07 was a tough Schedule for RS beating teams like Granbury Happy hill and ElPaso faith.. they played 3 top 20 teams not sure how they pulled it off..

WHO CARES what kind of schedule the Coyotes or any other team plays! It's makes no sense trying to argue that point. The only scheduled game that ultimately matters is the State game, IF you get there.
Some will say, playing tougher teams in the regular season will make you better...........that is straight BS!
Some of you are so funny it hurts. Instead of bashing the way RS sets their schedules, try it for yourself it might work for you.
Some of you sound like these 2A 11-man schools that have the numbers and can move UP to 6-man, but they would rather talk trash about 6-Man not being real football and continue to post those awesome 1-9 & 2-8 record year in and year out.
Bless their hearts! LOL.

Listen Bill. They started the ole RS was this and that I simply stated a fact opposing theirs. Have a great day and remember opposing opinions matter as long as you have an open mind and can think from both sides.

I can assure you I have 0 Richland allegiance, heck never even been in the town

You are the one who said it was a fact that those others would beat them, a fact is something you can prove

I think that 07 Rule team is better than those state champs mentioned and wins it a lot of years

Yeah, and the 1962-1964 Yankees could beat MLB Championship Team in the last 20 years.
AND THATS A FACT !
The same kind of “Fact” you will read in this thread.

What's your take FCSA your usually one to not mince words. Do any if these argument have teeth?? Truly outside of a few fun pokes all that matters is tommorow who is in the weight room ready to become part of the Conversation.

tdog5344":2a3snz6c said:
Not even the best RS team could have beaten Borden County Crowell or for that fact Mclean either during those teams championship seasons. That's a Fact

Crowell would have had another Championship season in 2016, if they hadn't played that bunch of wussy's from RS! That's a possible fact!

Come on fellas, lets be real.. none of the teams mentioned would beat the 2009 Tapps D2 state championship Duncanville Christway Team!! Just kidding just kidding :) Just trying to lighten up the mood on this board a little bit... hope everyone is enjoying the offseason, August right around the corner... and I hope everyone is having a blessed summer as well...

God bless,

Coach Davis
Dallas Lutheran

Every Coach, every program, and every fan has a different prospective on the needs of a schedule when preparing for district and the playoffs. There is no blueprint for success. I had to coach against RS twice, when they had a "cupcake" schedule leading into the playoffs. Many said they were "untested". We had a strong team both years, and were 45'd both times. RS went on to 45 their way to state championships. I've watched teams play every quality team in the state; but come up short at the end of the season, and get ridiculed for their efforts. The reality is, a Coach prepares his team to play in district and beyond. In order to make a deep run in the playoffs, you must be healthy (somewhat), and clicking on all cylinders. Fans want the best matchups, regardless the ramifications, as long as it's a good game. Most Coaches try to land somewhere in the middle. I can't give any words of wisdom on the ingredients to success, because I haven't found it. I know I try to schedule my opponents based on one thing, and talent level isn't a major contributing factor. To win district, I have to beat Chester and Apple Springs, but make no mistake, all roads lead to Oakwood. The bulk of my opponents are traditional spread teams, with some variation of a shotgun J. I want to see as many variations as possible of the different things Oakwood could throw at us. Is it short-sided to only look at a district championship? Probably. But you're not the one spending an entire season, knowing in the back of your head, that Tritz and Wells have that program on point, and that one of your main goals match theirs. Long story short, remember, the Coach doesn't have to justify his schedule to anyone, until his losses outweigh his efforts. Moral victories will only get you so far, and then it will define your resume. It's not all about winning, but it's also not all about entertaining the fans. Neither of those philosophies put the kids first. If I'm going to go down, I want to go down knowing I was preparing my kids to win in November the best way I know how.

coachsatcher":1c6fenvc said:
Every Coach, every program, and every fan has a different prospective on the needs of a schedule when preparing for district and the playoffs. There is no blueprint for success. I had to coach against RS twice, when they had a "cupcake" schedule leading into the playoffs. Many said they were "untested". We had a strong team both years, and were 45'd both times. RS went on to 45 their way to state championships. I've watched teams play every quality team in the state; but come up short at the end of the season, and get ridiculed for their efforts. The reality is, a Coach prepares his team to play in district and beyond. In order to make a deep run in the playoffs, you must be healthy (somewhat), and clicking on all cylinders. Fans want the best matchups, regardless the ramifications, as long as it's a good game. Most Coaches try to land somewhere in the middle. I can't give any words of wisdom on the ingredients to success, because I haven't found it. I know I try to schedule my opponents based on one thing, and talent level isn't a major contributing factor. To win district, I have to beat Chester and Apple Springs, but make no mistake, all roads lead to Oakwood. The bulk of my opponents are traditional spread teams, with some variation of a shotgun J. I want to see as many variations as possible of the different things Oakwood could throw at us. Is it short-sided to only look at a district championship? Probably. But you're not the one spending an entire season, knowing in the back of your head, that Tritz and Wells have that program on point, and that one of your main goals match theirs. Long story short, remember, the Coach doesn't have to justify his schedule to anyone, until his losses outweigh his efforts. Moral victories will only get you so far, and then it will define your resume. It's not all about winning, but it's also not all about entertaining the fans. Neither of those philosophies put the kids first. If I'm going to go down, I want to go down knowing I was preparing my kids to win in November the best way I know how.

Very well said Scheduling for common offenses or defenses for later on in the year was not something I ever thought of. As long as it's about the kids and putting them in position to succeed then what else really matters. Coaches as a whole are the last hope for our kids before entering the real world and 99% of them do just that. It's the ones who worry more about themselves there resume aka EGO. Most times in life when your genuine respectful and most of all REAL all these things take care of themselves. I like to like and stir lice the banter and competition. At the end of the day though we are not to judge others or act like we know what they are thinking or doing when we have never met them or invested any time in them.. Good luck to all the coaches and thank you for the difference you make in young men's lives.

Appreciate everyone's input on this but the bottom line is that these winning teams year after year have a tough time making a decent schedule because no one will play them. It's really not their fault if some years they have cupcake schedules because of this. Teams that won't play these traditional winners are led by a coach that is more concerned for his record than getting kids hurt, etc.

Back