Baylor Bears

A little good news for the Bears, the Baylor baseball team (28-7, 13-0 Big 12) #8 in the nation, won their 17th straight game last night.
The Year of the Bear, phone calls and text messages notwithstanding.

olderelk":k6cqoms4 said:
A little good news for the Bears, the Baylor baseball team (28-7, 13-0 Big 12) #8 in the nation, won their 17th straight game last night.
The Year of the Bear, phone calls and text messages notwithstanding.

Cripes, how many text messages would have been involved if Petrino had been a Baylor Coach? It'd probably result in the death penalty for Baylor ...

I actually thought I had read that somewhere, although it doesn't make any sense. I remembered it was the Troy game.
Did some checking and it said they were 70 the day of the game.

The Methodist pay players. Tha campbellites had a drug scandal. And them the baptist talk too much on the phone. Sounds like they come out pretty good on this one.

oldfat&bald":315qjb0k said:
The Methodist pay players. Tha campbellites had a drug scandal. And them the baptist talk too much on the phone. Sounds like they come out pretty good on this one.
Came out better than I was afraid it would when I first read about it. I could just see them pulling the rug out from under Baylor. Seems like whenever things start going good for the little guy the powers that be figure they must have cheated to make it happen.
Bear's baseball now (30-7, 15-0 Big 12) won 19 straight, better start checking them out.
Seriously, I wonder how many big time programs could undergo an extensive NCAA investigation and come out clean?

I haven't been keeping up as good as I normally do, but Baylor made a pretty good run in the women's world series last year too. How are they doing this year?

They are (26-14, 3-8 Big 12). Their all everything pitching ace Whitney Canion tore an ACL early in the season and things haven't been going as well as they hoped.

It's amazing how many innings them gals can throw.
Oh, and Baylor equestrian's Hunter Seat team (whatever the heck that is) took home its first national championship over the week-end.
Just too much good stuff coming Baylor's way.

Congratulations to Baylor head baseball coach Steve Smith who earned his 650th career win last night to become Baylor's all-time wins leader in any sport. (He passed his predecessor Mickey Sullivan who passed away just last month.) The Bears are now (31-7, 15-0 Big 12) #6 in the nation and have won 20 straight. The Bears have a non-conference game tonight, and then have a really big 3 game series this week-end against Texas A&M. This will be their last regular season conference games ever against the Aggies. (I'm still mourning the demise of the SWC)

Connie was really good, maybe even great. He was smooth. I enjoyed listening to him.
BUT...IMO Kern Tips had the unique ability to make the game come alive. I loved all his little sayings, he had me hanging on to his every word. Maybe it's a matter of taste. A lot of old people agree with me. Maybe you're too young. lol.
BTW, (32-7, 15-0 Big 12) won 21 straight.

From the Chronicle:
COLLEGE STATION - Skeptics of Baylor's extraordinary winning streak had circled Friday as the contest it likely ran its course - at Texas A&M and against Aggies ace Michael Wacha.

They're going to have to find another one to circle, because the sixth-ranked Bears found another way to win, this time 5-3 over No. 2 A&M before 5,621 fans in Blue Bell Park.

Baylor (33-7, 16-0) has won a school record 22 consecutive games, the nation's longest active streak, while A&M (28-10, 9-4) dropped its third straight.

From Bear Blog - Smith willing to continue playing Aggies after they leave Big 12. (Bet he didn't endure himself to Briles or Drew or Mulkey)
http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/staff/col ... eries.html

I'm going to make hay while the sun is still shining.
The Bears shut out the Aggies tonight to extend their winning streak to 23 games.
#6 Baylor 1 (34-7, 17-0)
#2 Texas A&M 0 (28-11, 9-5)

Yea, feed the beaver.
Who woudda thunk it?
Bears sweep the #2 Aggies.
Now 24 in a row.
#6 Baylor 7 (35-7, 18-0)
#2 Texas A&M 5 (28-12, 9-6)

I hear the beaver is getting a little finiky ... only wants those real high quality hardwoods, steak and anyone who'se got a number of a cute lady beaver ... hopefully, the beaver will stay away from motorcycles, former volleyball players, and text messages.

Back