Baylor Bears

What was # 3 ? I had a faint wishful hope he'd stick around and finish his masters and play his Senior season. Can't blame him though.

Hope your right. He's suprising in a lot of way's. If he comes back he will be l bet the most targetet QB in the NCAA. If he got hurt or the Bears had a meiocre season he could lose milllions.

That would be terrible.
Well AP got it right.
What's up with the Walter Camp Football Foundation anyway? Baylor sure isn't on their list of favorite universities. They're QB pick is going to look kind of silly at the end of the year.
Baylor’s Walter Camp Football Foundation All-Americans
Bill Glass, OG, 1956
Lawrence Elkins, E, 1963
Lawrence Elkins, E, 1964
Mike Singletary, LB, 1979
Mike Singletary, LB, 1980
Van McElroy, FS, 1981
Thomas Everett, FS, 1986
Santana Dotson, DT, 1991
Daniel Sepulveda, P, 2006
Robert Griffin III, QB, 2011
RG3 was second team. Don't know about the others.

The awards keep piling up for Robert Griffin III.
RG3 has been named the winner of Baylor’s first Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award, first-team All-America The Associated Press, Sporting News, CBSSports.com, SI.com, Yahoo!/Rivals.com, Phil Steele, FoxSportsNext.com and Football Writers Association of America. He has been named National Player of the Year by Sporting News and Yahoo!/Rivals.com and National Offensive Player of the Year by FoxSportsNext.com.
Oh yes, and the most coveted award of all, the Walter Camp Football Foundation 2nd team QB award.
OK I'll going to shut up about it now.

W.O.W.!!!!! Go ahead and holler about no defense. That was incrediballllly entertaining.
3 rushers over 100 yards & III's not one of them? Not your typical RG game. But outstanding comeback. Never say quit? Congratulatioms Bears!
The Baptitst's are dancin in the streets of San Antone tonight.

Exactly! TCM showed all the old "That's Entertainment" movies today, but what a way to end the day and start the next one.
Way to go Bears!

51eleven":1124kihf said:
W.O.W.!!!!! Go ahead and holler about no defense. That was incrediballllly entertaining.
3 rushers over 100 yards & III's not one of them? Not your typical RG game. But outstanding comeback. Never say quit? Congratulatioms Bears!
The Baptitst's are dancin in the streets of San Antone tonight.
That's not Dancing.......it's called liturgical movement...........

smokeyjoe53":2gz57ims said:
Kind of reminded me of a sixman game.... It just took a couple of stops to win........
Briles wouldn't disagree with you.
“It was crazy, it really was,” Baylor coach Art Briles said. “You don’t think of it so much that you could say the defenses weren’t playing well. It was just the ebb and flow of the game. You get in games like this and that’s how it goes. You get one stop, one break, on turnover, and it can help turn a game.”
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/136419293.html

Right on. He played for Stratford and Darron Thomas (Oregon QB) played for Aldine. They were in the same district, but Luck had better players around him. That is when I first kind of soured on him. Sour grapes. I really enjoyed it when Stanford and Oregon played last year. It has been fun keeping up with Oregon and Baylor the last couple of years. Last year Thomas soundly outplayed Luck in their game, but the announcers only had eyes for Luck. It made me sick hearing them praise him. My loss for thinking bad about him.

Saw the thread active again and thought 3 might have change his mind. Ha ha.
Saw a draft prediction that had him going to Cleveland with Kendall Wright in the 3rd ??
Not good news for McCoy.
They need to get a line and te that can face the steelers 1st.

Never judge a book by it's cover? Well I paid $7 bucks for a magazine. Dave Campbell's Texas Football spring edition. RGIII cuddling his Heisman on the cover. Once in a lifetime deal I figured. Great article by Mr. Campbell on the accomplishment. I didn't know he was that old, he talks fo seeing Davey O'brien at TCU in 1937.
Even a couple of pages on 6man in the back.

Back