Baylor Bears

Baylor now #3
A&M now #9
Lovin' it!
One poll has them #1.
WACO, Texas – Baylor baseball is ranked No. 1 nationally for the first time in program history. The Bears shared the top spot with Kentucky in the latest Collegiate Baseball Newspaper poll released Monday afternoon.
Baseball America ranked the Bears No. 3 in their poll released on Monday, while Perfect Game also had the Bears in the third spot and BU came in at No. 4 in the USA TODAY/ESPN coaches’ poll. Baylor’s No. 3 ranking from Baseball America ties its highest in the history of that poll, which began in 1981. The Bears were also No. 3 in that poll on May 8, 2000.

The only question. Will old Baylor fans, having experienced so much suffering with only limited success thru the years, be able to handle it? Umm, yea they will.

markf":2og4fzrh said:
Could Baylor now be the state of Texas Best athletic program?
markf":2og4fzrh said:
Overall,athletic program in the last year in Texas,,Who did better then?
Baylor is the best this year and how does the 2011-12 Baylor sports year stack up against all other programs in Texas and the U.S. ever?
Pretty dang good, and it has the possibility to be the best.
http://baylor.247sports.com/Article/Bea ... cord-71141

Baylor is back in the win column. Beat UTA last night in Waco.
They need 8 wins to become the most successful program (wins in football, men’s and women’s basketball, and baseball) in the nation (ever).
Only 3 teams have a shot at the Big 12 Regular Season Baseball Championship. Baylor’s magic number against A&M is 1.
Baylor’s magic number against Texas is 3.
Baylor (18-0) - 6 games left - 3 OU (@ OU), 3 UT (1 @ BU, 2 @ UT)
Texas (11-4) – 9 games left – 3 A&M (1 @ A&M, 2 @ UT), 3 MU (@MU), 3 BU (1 @ BU, 2 @ UT)
Texas A&M (9-6) – 9 games left – 3 UT (1 @ A&M, 2 @ UT), 3 TT (@ A&M), 3 OSU (@OSU)

olderelk":2hcshyzu said:
All good things must come to an end.
Baylor put the Beaver on a diet tonight.
Lost to UTSA 1-4.

Saw that in the local fishwrap yesterday. Something tells me that (1) the beaver didn't make the trip to Wolff Stadium that night and (2) neither did a lot of Baylor starters.

No doubt the beaver feast will resume shortly.

They were ripe for a loss. Coming off 3 close games with the Aggies and playing a team with a losing record is a bad combination. (taking nothing away from UTSA, they deserved to win)
The thing that bothers me is they play 2 non-conference games this week-end then break for 10 days for exams. They're going into hibernation mode. Hope they can regain their momentum when they come back. (hey, I'm allowed to worry, I've been a Baylor fan for a long time)

#3 Baylor beat #25 New Mexico State tonight 5-0. This was their 19th straight home win and their 26th win in their last 27 games.

With their 117th win the Bears are only 6 wins shy of tying the national record for the most combined wins in one year in the big four sports.

The Aggies beat the Horns tonight 6-5.

Baylor’s magic number against A&M is still 1. Baylor’s magic number against Texas is 2.
A&M or Texas will be eliminated this week-end.
Baylor (18-0) - 6 games left - 3 OU (@ OU), 3 UT (1 @ BU, 2 @ UT)
Texas (11-5) – 8 games left – 2 A&M (@ UT), 3 MU (@MU), 3 BU (1 @ BU, 2 @ UT)
Texas A&M (10-6) – 8 games left – 2 UT (@ UT), 3 TT (@ A&M), 3 OSU (@OSU)

As I was reflecting on the crazy, successful year Baylor is having I got to thinking how I was introduced to Baylor football and how communications have changed over the years.

On the morning of 11/25/1950 (I just looked up the date) my oldest cousin, who was attending Baylor, knocked on our front door, said he was going to be tied up in some kind of all day function, asked if I would listen to the Baylor/SMU game for him that afternoon, and tell him the score when he came back by. I diligently listened to my first Baylor game. Baylor won 3-0. When he came back that evening he still didn't know the score, or who had won. When I told him, he got so excited he almost fell off the front porch. I was 11 years old and didn't understand how anyone could get that excited over a football game. Little did I know. By the next year I was a dedicated, die hard, Baylor fan. I don't know whether to love him or to hate him.

#3 Baylor beat #25 New Mexico State this afternoon 15-5. This was their 20th straight home win and their 27th win in their last 28 games.

With their 118th win the Bears are only 5 wins shy of tying the national record for the most combined wins in one year in the big four sports.

Big 12 Regular Season
The Aggies beat the Horns this afternoon 12-4.
Baylor’s magic number against A&M is 1. Baylor’s magic number against Texas is 1.
A&M or Texas will be eliminated tomorrow. Baylor can do no worse than a tie for the title.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle. ... M_ID=10410

Baylor's quest to become the single season winning-est "big 4" sports program ever was slowed considerably this week-end by Oklahoma. The Sooners swept the Bears leaving them 4 games shy of tying Texas' 123 wins in the 2003-2004 season. Baylor has 4 games remaining in the regular season and then the post season to "get 'er done."

Baylor lost two pitcher's duels Saturday 0-1 in 10 innings and then 1-2.

They finally broke out the bats yesterday, but so did the Okies. 6-12 was the final.

Baylor won its school-record 22nd straight home game and became the first Big 12 team ever to finish a conference season undefeated in home games (12-0) with a 16-5 pounding of Texas last night.
This was their final regular season home game and they were presented with their Big 12 regular season championship trophy in front of the home folks. They have 121 wins, two shy of Texas' record of 123 for a school year in the big 4 money sports.
They have 2 games left (at UT) in the regular season, the Big 12 Championship in Oklahoma City starting 5/23, and are on track to host a Regional and if they win that a Super Regional in the post season.
For the first time they will or have already advanced to the post season in all sports the school sponsers.
A year of firsts for the Bears.

Since Baylor came back from their final exam break, the Beaver is refusing to work on Saturdays away from Baylor Ballpark. Once again the runs just didn't come easy and the Bears fell to the Horns 1-2, after scoring 20 runs in the first 2 games of the series. They have scored just 2 runs in their last 3 Saturday games. One went 10 innings so thats 2 runs in 28 innings. They finished their regular season needing just 1 win to tie Texas' Big 4 winning record. Stay tuned for the post season. Sic 'em Bears.

Baylor just picked up their 124th "big 4" win to surpass the Texas 123 win total.
They have their work cut out for them if they are going to make the Big 12 Championship game on Sunday .
They will have to beat Oklahoma twice tomorrow to accomplish that.
Their record is 22-1 against all their Big 12 opponents excluding Oklahoma.
They are 0-4 against the Sooners.
But it's still the year of the bear
http://www.baylorbears.com/yearofthebear/
May 26th
Well make that 0-5 against Oklahoma, it seems they have the Bears' number, have to settle for being regular season champs.

Yeah, they're still getting kicked around on TV coverage. 'Tuff losses the last two days, but give Arkansas some credit. Baylor's 129 combined wins in the four major sports (FB/MBB/WBB/BASEB) are an NCAA record for a single season (129-28, .822 winning percentage). Not too shabby. Great year Baylor Bears!

Back