Baylor Bears

WOW!

INDIANAPOLIS -- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash during his workout Sunday morning -- the fastest time for a player at the position in six years.

Griffin, who ran the 40 yards in 4.41 seconds in his first of two attempts, didn't beat the time of 4.35 seconds run by Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal in 2006. McNeal, drafted that year by Cincinnati in the sixth round, played the last five seasons in the CFL

markf":wqm58qm1 said:
WOW!

INDIANAPOLIS -- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III ran a 4.38-second 40-yard dash during his workout Sunday morning -- the fastest time for a player at the position in six years.

Griffin, who ran the 40 yards in 4.41 seconds in his first of two attempts, didn't beat the time of 4.35 seconds run by Texas A&M's Reggie McNeal in 2006. McNeal, drafted that year by Cincinnati in the sixth round, played the last five seasons in the CFL

I always wonder how quicker your 40 time would be if you were being chased by a big ol' defensive lineman ...

lifegatesports":3uvot95c said:
markf":3uvot95c said:
WOW!

I always wonder how quicker your 40 time would be if you were being chased by a big ol' defensive lineman ...

Like Fran Tarkenton from your beloved Vikings used to do? I loved watching him run linemen ragged.

Lady Bears going for national championship,,,40-0
Could be first school ever to go undefeated..
Could Baylor now be the state of Texas Best athletic program?

That is a different question. Baylor is not the state of Texas's "best athletic program" because when RGIII and Griner are gone, they will drop considerably. And remember, even with the Heisman trophy winner, they just won the Alamo Bowl, barely. Also, being in Waco they will never make the money of Texas or Texas A&M, nor will they consistently attract the best athletes. So my answer was that no, Baylor is not now the best athletic program in the state of Texas just because it has had a great year.

That being said, I am completely impressed with what Baylor was able to do this season. I do believe they have had the best overall year in athletics to this point. I do not know what the spring sport comparison looks like. And I am happy for them and their fans. I have many Baylor friends and they are really enjoying their team's time in the spotlight, and rightly so.

Great time to be a Bear's fan. What a ride. The planned Baylor Stadium on the Brazos is icing on the cake and should help with recruiting.

40-0!! History

Hopefully, some day soon, UT can reach the all-around greatness that Baylor has achieved in college athletics.

markf":2l3lfmtb said:
40-0!! History

Hopefully, some day soon, UT can reach the all-around greatness that Baylor has achieved in college athletics.

Hmmmmm...I remember a year that UT had a top notch football team, a college world series champ, top notch women's basketball team, a NIT champ, and a swim team that darn near took it from USC.

Old Bearkat":1hzompbm said:
markf":1hzompbm said:
40-0!! History

Hmmmmm...I remember a year that UT had a top notch football team, a college world series champ, top notch women's basketball team, a NIT champ, and a swim team that darn near took it from USC.
They usually contend with Womens Softball too!
jus sayin'.

markf just havin' some fun, I'll bet he has a soft spot for UT (as do I), but what do I know about that?
What I do know is those Lady Bears just put together an amazin' run. Way to go.
As for spring sports the Baylor men just pulled off another first. The first baseball team ever to open Big 12 play with 10 straight wins. Sic em' Bears. And RIP Mickey Sullivan.
(BTW, Hook em' Horns, but not against BU)

olderelk":8hmys4vf said:
markf just havin' some fun, I'll bet he has a soft spot for UT (as do I), but what do I know about that?
What I do know is those Lady Bears just put together an amazin' run. Way to go.
As for spring sports the Baylor men just pulled off another first. The first baseball team ever to open Big 12 play with 10 straight wins. Sic em' Bears. And RIP Mickey Sullivan.
(BTW, Hook em' Horns, but not against BU)

cup.gif

Congratulations Baylor. Was rooting for you because you are from Texas.

Undefeated national champions Women's Basketball

1973 Immaculata Mighty Macs (20–0)
1975 Delta State Lady Statesmen (28–0)
1981 Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters (34–0) Baylor Coach Kim Mulkey was on this team. They won first women's NCAA DI title in 1982 going 35-1.
1986 Texas Longhorns (34–0) First undefeated NCAA DI team
1995 Connecticut Huskies (35–0)
1998 Tennessee Lady Vols (39–0)
2002 Connecticut Huskies (39–0)
2009 Connecticut Huskies (39–0)
2010 Connecticut Huskies (39–0)
2012 Baylor Lady Bears (40-0)

With 5 starters returning the Lady Bears could go (80-0). That is the good thing about women's basketball they don't go pro after 1 year. If the Kentucky men kept the same team they had this year they could probably go undefeated.

markf":3311j40r said:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7791434/baylor-bears-teams-facing-possible-ncaa-sanctions

Knowing the past of one of the assistant coaches at Baylor men's basketball, it doesn't suprise me.

Back