#1 Richland Springs vs. #3 Crowell

I think RS wins another title myself. I agree that is seems to me that RS came to play last night. I am hoping for this one to around Abilene so I can go to it since state game moved to Wednesday and Jerry's world.

If Crowell goes after #3 on defense they can score at will.
Milford forced him and Calvert torched him.
Run him to death trying to cover and he won't have any gas left to run the ball.

Crowell doesn't have the speed milford or Calvert has. That's not saying they don't have a few fast kids, but they are more of a nickel and dime passing team were as Calvert was an endzone hailmary team. RS will make Crowell tired on defense. RS blocks well and can wear the other team out by doing so. RS takes this one, 72-24

Who on rs can cover? They blitz to try and get to the qb before he can get the ball off.
Not a good way to play defense when they come across a good passing team.
Calvert was destroying them on the long passes.
Milford had some long passes also and ran on them well.
I just don't see rs being unbeatable like most talk about with that defense.

All of them... Yes they were winded last night, RS hustled. #3 had many yards to sprint. He had an 80yd pick 6, a kickoff return and many break away runs. Not to include to turn around and cover the fast 6'4 kid running nothing but streaks the second half. Calvert is fast. It's hard to beat a fast athletic team. RS did enough on defense to get two interceptions and a few sacks. Yes RS is more focused on getting pressure. Because it doesn't matter how good you can throw, if you have 2 to 3 guys in your face you're having to dump it off or throw it up. Just like Abbott made Crowell do last year in state game.

obagain":35blbg45 said:
Who on rs can cover? They blitz to try and get to the qb before he can get the ball off.
Not a good way to play defense when they come across a good passing team.
Calvert was destroying them on the long passes.
Milford had some long passes also and ran on them well.
I just don't see rs being unbeatable like most talk about with that defense.

What were those final scores again? Seems like playing the kind of defense they do is working just fine. But, that's just me.

I have some thoughts on this game...but wont render them until the day of the game

I can tell you this, the Toy has RS by 45...I'll take that action

Interesting note...these two schools have never played each other

Milford was without their best defensive guy and #3 broke his foot just before the game.
Put those 2 in and the game is much closer, with milfords #3 speed he would have worked rs #3 so hard he wouldn't have anything left in the 4th.
We also lost #1 for a lot of the 3rd and most of the 4th.
Healthy team against healthy team I like milfords chances.
Milford is young, they will see rs again next year.

obagain":1q4wfpe6 said:
Milford was without their best defensive guy and #3 broke his foot just before the game.
Put those 2 in and the game is much closer, with milfords #3 speed he would have worked rs #3 so hard he wouldn't have anything left in the 4th.
We also lost #1 for a lot of the 3rd and most of the 4th.
Healthy team against healthy team I like milfords chances.
Milford is young, they will see rs again next year.

IF a frog had wings...

I'll take the Coyotes on this one also. Number 3 looks like he has plenty of wind to stay the course, but if he get's a little low on air they will run number 2 or number 8 at you. Blocking makes lots of difference with RS.

I will Friday...dont want to supply anyone with motivation if I can help it...I remember getting a phone call late one night from a coach and I've tried to avoid that ever since... besides you already know what I think

SixmanSpectator":1srf9fbk said:
Any word yet on where this game will be played at?

Friday--Gee thanks,one would think you would have a larger crowd on a saturday? But it's all about the kids!

The kids would love to play before a larger crowd,Good luck to both schools.I'll have to read about it.-(

Back