Six-man fan
Just wondering,
If those of you who had experienced
a Sat. game could give their
Pros/Cons regarding such a timeslot.

I'll go first but
just so you know I haven't had one yet.
I was just thinking that there would be more
time for travel, eating, and fellowship.

What say ye?

When there is a lot of travel time for teams, I prefer Saturday games. When the teams are close to one another, you can't beat Friday night lights.

In some areas, the officials groups are insisting on some games being played on Saturday ... a good friend of mine insists you get better officials on Saturday games for six-man, since the best officials in the chapter are calling larger crowded field games and some of those are willing to call lower levels for Saturday games (including our games).

Other, wiser folks, feel that Friday games get better crowds, allow you (as coaches) to do the prep work on Saturday for next week's games and clean up from the Friday contest (especially at our level, where the coaches may be doing the laundry on Saturday) AND keeps Sunday for church, family, and the National Football League ...

I feel God meant Texas high school football to be played under the lights on Friday night, or he wouldn't have invented electricity ...

Thursday: Jr. High and JV games
Friday: High School Football
Saturday: College football
Sunday: Pro Football
Monday: MNF

This is the order. God ordained it. Leave it alone.

The only exceptions should be playoff games.

GW280":301h744c said:
Some teams do not have lights on their field and some do mot even have a field! Saturday may be the only option.

If they don't have lights or a field, they must be a private school. Private schools should not be part of this discussion until God blesses them with land and electricity.

rainjacktx":2d5tadlw said:
If they don't have lights or a field, they must be a private school. Private schools should not be part of this discussion until God blesses them with land and electricity.

Im sure that land and electriity our on his list... just after giving you a personality.

Saturday games are great if there is a great deal of travel. I would not want to have a team come play us late Friday night and then try and drive back home for a 3 hour trip. With the boys being tired after a game, I would worry about them making it back safely. Other than that, you can't beat Friday night.

bulldawgs":6dz4c3c3 said:
Saturday games are great if there is a great deal of travel. I would not want to have a team come play us late Friday night and then try and drive back home for a 3 hour trip. With the boys being tired after a game, I would worry about them making it back safely. Other than that, you can't beat Friday night.

If you're playing a team in Kansas, or Nebraska, then maybe a Saturday game would not be a bad thing.

We traveled to Follett yesterday afternoon. we didn't get home until 1:30 AM. That is just part of the game. Nobody died. That is life in 6-man country. If you're worried about the drive home - stay at home.

bulldawgs":2lnz3brb said:
Well I guess some of us are more considerate than others

I really have no clue what that means. Will I slow down in the Wal Mart Parking lot for an old lady? Sure.

Will I make it easier on my opponent to take an extra day to play me? Never.

rainjacktx":1ao7snpp said:
Shane":1ao7snpp said:
It's deer season. Play on Friday night and leave Saturday alone. LOL

A private school dude with a brain. I like you.

Thanks. I grew up hunting in Briscoe County, by the way. My favorite part of the world. My son and I will be hunting at Caprock Canyons in a couple of months. It's been too long since I got to hunt up there.

Shane":2vbbhnbw said:
rainjacktx":2vbbhnbw said:
Shane":2vbbhnbw said:
It's deer season. Play on Friday night and leave Saturday alone. LOL

A private school dude with a brain. I like you.

Thanks. I grew up hunting in Briscoe County, by the way. My favorite part of the world. My son and I will be hunting at Caprock Canyons in a couple of months. It's been too long since I got to hunt up there.
I always wondered what it felt like.
Now I know.
So...
about those Sat. games?

Back