Who else could win division II?

Our pal 7thman has suggested that TAPPS go ahead and pre-print the finals tickets for Brenham and Tyler Street.

From a quick look at the brackets, he might be right. Brenham is beating everybody and their momma.

Baring injuries, they'll be in the semifinals in late November.

Ditto for my beloved Falcons here in Seguin.

With a few exceptions, those two teams are pretty similar to last year ... if Brenham were 4-2 or something like that, I'd say that our pal is smoking cigarettes that do not come in packs of 20, but you have to think that a rematch is going to start out with Brenham as a favorite.

But it would be a good game and either team could win.

Let's suggest that the folks at the TAPPS office may just wait until after Thanksgiving weekend to print the tickets.

7thman67":2hxn26n3 said:
who i played for is irrelevant. and yes there is an easy side this year. you have already stated that last year is the past and irrelevant to this conversation so what your team would or would not have accomplished on the other side of the bracket doesnt matter. this is this year and you're ignorant if you think your friends dont have it easy. at least you realize the big picture which is tsca will not win. this topic is on who can win state not who can lose when they get there.
Well like i said this is my opinion and everybody comes on here and states there opinion many have talked about last year> many have talked about two years ago. three years four years and so on.. so for you to call me ignorant was not called for ! but yes i do pick brenham to win and i hope to see many of you at the tsca vs fulton game if yall come out! i will be there in my grambling hoody shirt if its not too hot! lol god bless everyone and have a safe and non injury week of football

7thman67":1zf9dipm said:
mr. lifegate im picking your team to go to state 8)

A thousand pardons. You are wiser beyond your years.

It's Veezy that is crazy. I may have to put him on double secret probation.

I've heard from a very good source that Tyler Street and Fulton better not forget that other team in their district. I've heard they could possibly sneak up on somebody, especially the way they seem to be overlooked (Waco Parkview).

Baron, I don't say this to offten, Waco Park, you must be kidding, not this year they are great people at Waco parkbut they still have a long way to go to be a contender.

Red Baron":1sjw38g5 said:
I've heard from a very good source that Tyler Street and Fulton better not forget that other team in their district. I've heard they could possibly sneak up on somebody, especially the way they seem to be overlooked (Waco Parkview).

Trust me...nobody in our district is overlooking anyone. With 2 playoff spots for 3 teams, we're all pretty aware of the other teams abilities. We all have a healthy respect for one another.

Well - I've been reading the posts for a while now and decided to join in. I love the fact that most don't know much about Castle Hills, our circumstances or what we are capable of with a full squad (well - tepryde might).

Just to set the record straight - I have zero problem with people not giving us any props yet - we haven't earned anything. We beat a first year program (John Paul II) and then got beat by the team they whipped (grant it we were missing 3 of our 2-way starters including the "mule" as GSB calls him - which by the way he's 6'2" and 215 lbs for those of you who are counting and apparently his only weakness is getting hit helmet to helmet, in the back of the head, while he is face down on the ground, -- but other than that he's pretty decent I guess.)

I'm loving the bulletin board material so please keep it up!

CHFBS":2qi3e5wq said:
Well - I've been reading the posts for a while now and decided to join in. I love the fact that most don't know much about Castle Hills, our circumstances or what we are capable of with a full squad (well - tepryde might).

Just to set the record straight - I have zero problem with people not giving us any props yet - we haven't earned anything. We beat a first year program (John Paul II) and then got beat by the team they whipped (grant it we were missing 3 of our 2-way starters including the "mule" as GSB calls him - which by the way he's 6'2" and 215 lbs for those of you who are counting and apparently his only weakness is getting hit helmet to helmet, in the back of the head, while he is face down on the ground, -- but other than that he's pretty decent I guess.)

ahh you are very wrong... i was at your game vs. town east (am i sensing some hard feelings about that late hit?). we saw what yall did.(lifegate) and we thought yall were pretty good... especially for a first year team... number 19 was a decent player and a pretty hard hitter... i hope he's healthy by the time yall come play us.. i think yall will win a couple more games but not win out.. (just my opinion).. not trying to be rude.. yall are very good for a first year team though... how many of your terrible three are seniors?? and was the kid that runs the 4.4 in the 40 not playing vs town east?

19 is back - he's a senior. 2 and 4 are brothers: junior and freshman.
#1 is the speedster and he did play TE (4.4 is being generous - hopefully he won't read this board) but the entire team was shell-shocked with everything that took place with the loss of those three. Not an excuse it's just what happened. There's only so much you can prepare a brand new organization for in a month or so of practice and getting slammed like that just psychologically de-railed the rest of the guys. We're at full strength this week but we've been out of sync the last three weeks so hopefully we'll put up a good effort against freddy. We'll see!

CHFB,

I'm glad to hear you all are back to full strength, and I hope you all are back in synch by this weekend. I too think CHFB is a good team for a first year program. But writing as another first year varsity program, I am seeing just how difficult it is to get up to speed with teams that have been around for a while and have juniors and seniors who have played several years. I think you all fall into the same category as we do. I am having a great time this year and am very excited about the future of our program, but I have no delusions that we will make it to the state championship this year; and I would have told 7thman he lost all credibility if he would have picked us for that spot instead of you. I am looking very much forward to our teams meeting to see who is the best of the new teams.

Maybe I should move #19 up from mule to horse. He is definitely quite a physical specimen.

GSB":2oxeey0j said:
CHFB,

I'm glad to hear you all are back to full strength, and I hope you all are back in synch by this weekend. I too think CHFB is a good team for a first year program. But writing as another first year varsity program, I am seeing just how difficult it is to get up to speed with teams that have been around for a while and have juniors and seniors who have played several years. I think you all fall into the same category as we do. I am having a great time this year and am very excited about the future of our program, but I have no delusions that we will make it to the state championship this year; and I would have told 7thman he lost all credibility if he would have picked us for that spot instead of you. I am looking very much forward to our teams meeting to see who is the best of the new teams.

Maybe I should move #19 up from mule to horse. He is definitely quite a physical specimen.

We're looking forward to it too...but you guys don't look like a first year program at all. I'll admit we are pretty raw in areas. There is a culture of football that we still are lacking that will come with time so I fully agree with what you are saying. We've got some good athletes but most every other team we face has so much more experience and just natural instinct that really only can come with time.
I like to say that we are cautiously optimistic about our chances vs. anyone. I really have no idea how good we are or what to base it off of yet. (I know how awful we can look at times though - that's for sure!)
And 19 thinks he's a beast! Which is fine with me - in all honesty, if we didn't have him our program would look and feel completely different. He's our vocal leader both on and off the field. Just an all around good kid.

CHFBS":34nw5jsm said:

CHFBS-Castle Hills looks good for a first year program, but I do take issue with some of your post. Football is a 4 quarter game not a 2 quarter game. Football is a collision sport, helmet to helmet contact happens on every play. Sometimes in the course of a game a player gets hurt, I wish it didn't happen, but it is part of the game. Heck, I got hurt on the sideline of a football game on a questionable late hit, it happens. Not that big of a deal.

does anybody else ever watch 11 man? there are hits after the whistle every play... its called, oh whats the word... oh yeah... football! u get young adults the opportunity to smack one another and competitive nature takes over... lets take off the skirts and realize stuff happens in high speed collision sports... its never intentional to hurt anybody ... players or coaches..(sorry tepryde) haha... but i agree with you 100%... lets get over it and get ready for this afternoon.. good luck and happy football to all

Lifegate played a new(to sixman) team this year...(Chester/ UIL) and you could just sense how far behind they were on the learning curve.Its gotta be frustrating for the coaches and players.. They were coming out and still trying to run tight power sets like the I formation.... What works in 11 man , doesn't seem to help alot here in six man. And , everybody has those times of getting beat up and 45'd....we don't have to go very far back in our history to find some 3-7 or 2 - 8 seasons. But the determination to win is forged in the fires of defeat.

Back in 2006 state semi final. Seguin vs glenview. One of seguin's coaches or parents said to the radio announcer " when we win I what you to say...... Blah blah blah." glenview didn't know till halftime when one of thief coaches was in the press box and told us that. We were furious and we were already beating them. What happens oh yeah glenview forty five them after half on a hook n ladder. Score 46-0. Seguin I think it's karma for being cocky before the game. Y'all have had great/good teams the past 4 5 years? Anything can happen in sixman football heck anything van happen in 11man don't underestimate a team. And on cheap shots you teach the kids to play till the wistle after the wistle blows you stop if the kid is still going then that's all on him. The coach should be furious about the cheap shot, because if you want to win with class you the coach that's your responsiblity to show them how. On the other had you still have brenham and they only lost two seniors I believe from last year state runner up, they have the upper hand but hey anything can happen, respect every team you play even if you are favored by 45.

Good luck seguin and every team on the road to state!

Cowboy22":2qmzerhs said:
Back in 2006 state semi final. Seguin vs glenview. One of seguin's coaches or parents said to the radio announcer " when we win I what you to say...... Blah blah blah." glenview didn't know till halftime when one of thief coaches was in the press box and told us that. We were furious and we were already beating them. What happens oh yeah glenview forty five them after half on a hook n ladder. Score 46-0. Seguin I think it's karma for being cocky before the game. Y'all have had great/good teams the past 4 5 years? Anything can happen in sixman football heck anything van happen in 11man don't underestimate a team. And on cheap shots you teach the kids to play till the wistle after the wistle blows you stop if the kid is still going then that's all on him. The coach should be furious about the cheap shot, because if you want to win with class you the coach that's your responsiblity to show them how. On the other had you still have brenham and they only lost two seniors I believe from last year state runner up, they have the upper hand but hey anything can happen, respect every team you play even if you are favored by 45.

Good luck seguin and every team on the road to state!

you just brought up an occurrence from four years ago. i'm no genius but i'm pretty sure that after four years even the freshman on that team would have graduated by now. the great thing about Christian beliefs to me is there is no such thing as karma. you do unto others as you would have them do unto you. so what i have learned from your post is that you wouldn't want to play this team again or you would get 45d right? otherwise i don't quite understand where you are coming from. especially to seguinlifegate. read some of his other posts. he has only been coaching for a short time and i don't believe he had anything to do with you getting your feelings hurt four years ago. if you're that upset about it still, i would find out exactly who said it, and write them a nasty letter explaining that what they said was mean. but don't cry about it four years later. and what does 11 man have to do with any of this?

I understand where you coming from cowboyy22.. but hey everyone.. Big game today.. Tyler street vs Fulton.. i will be there.. it should be a good one!!! who else will be there????

Back