West Versus East - DI Style

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
Look at the brackets. It's almost comical. And before all the cedar choppers start in on how mean I'm being to their water-headed kids - I'm not being mean.

Santa Anna has done what they were supposed to do to get to the quarters. Same with Oakwood, Gordon and Abbott. You can't really fault them for being where they are right now. Two of those 4 teams will be playing in December.

But I have to wonder how many of those 4 teams would have even made the playoffs in the West? The mismatch is even more disproportional now than it was last year, given the fact that the Greyhounds are now in the West. I guess Abbott could be somewhat competitive in the West, but I have my doubts.

Top teams from the West who are out: WV, Ira, BC, & Crowell. Not just out - but out in the second round. There will be two more leave in the quarter-finals, obviously.

The East bracket will have to wait until the semi-finals before any of the four remaining schools will play a top-10 team.

i have not been with sixman but for a few years and i grew up playing 11man ball, but i have studied the game the coaches the players and have a fair amount of knowledge after six years. i learn a bit more each time from those that were here before there was dirt and they played in the rocks... it seems to me that the strength of districts ebs and flows and that not to many years back the east dominated. i live in west texas and i love friday nights in the fall and saturdays too when the playoffs come around. i have seen quite a few games and some of the hardest hitting ball has been played out here year in and out andin the playoffs they take it up a few notches... i would take the west anytime, some programs are up and down every few years but alot are up most years too. being beat by 45 points to me meant in the past that the two teams shouldnt even played each other because they were so overmatched,,, some on the board have questioned why should they have the opportunity, but i have learned with one additional player one that was hurt returning, seeing young freshman learn to step in and deliver not only the hit but leadership as well. there are kids all over that are maturing into this mold due to the effort, dedication, desire, teaching, and mentoring. houston quinella might have been the best pure player i ever watched and would have been an asset to any team, these players can quickly change the outcomes of each game.

the West has so many that are at home already that no one would want to take the chance and play them again... some think they were overated i will tell that on any given day the tide could have turned the other way.

the only way i think the east wins is if the west beat each other so bad they are banged up before they meet in the finals

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to us last year against Throck. We wound up playing the equivalent of four championship games before we ever got to the finals. Not much use playing the title game , just go ahead and crown the west champ. No use embarassing the east.

Tallman":7ilyl4em said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to us last year against Throck. We wound up playing the equivalent of four championship games before we ever got to the finals. Not much use playing the title game , just go ahead and crown the west champ. No use embarassing the east.
Right. Remind me how many West teams won State Championships in Shotwell last season exactly?

throck and richland are notorious for playing weak schedules such as sisters of the poor and their little brothers so they are well rested for the playoffs. Don't be telling me how many home games you won when you don't play anybody.

Tallman":1y9gb85q said:
throck and richland are notorious for playing weak schedules such as sisters of the poor and their little brothers so they are well rested for the playoffs. Don't be telling me how many home games you won when you don't play anybody.
Not me, but Throckmorton played your team and won.
If y'all run outta gas in the post season, you might look at your conditioning programs.
Otherwise your planning to fail on purpose. And surely that's not the case.
I don't think those boys boo hoo'in after the game in Abilene last season were cryin because they were tired. I don't think they were cryin cuz they had gotten beat up too bad TWO WEEKS BEFORE, they didn't look too tired during pre-game warm ups .
I think it was because they got beat. Beat by a better team.
So what will be your excuse when Throck takes the West this year? They didn't go thru the same "rigorous" play off gauntlet that the rest of the West has to endure?

What are you guys gonna argue about when they split this thing north and south next alignment? Haha. I heard that Gordon spanked Crowell in their scrimmage (obviously not a game but was a head to head meeting west vs east) and dang near beat your coveted Ira. Not too bad for the east...

SixFan19":94y14lxe said:
What are you guys gonna argue about when they split this thing north and south next alignment? Haha. I heard that Gordon spanked Crowell in their scrimmage (obviously not a game but was a head to head meeting west vs east) and dang near beat your coveted Ira. Not too bad for the east...
Careful Sixfan. You're nearing Blasphemy Territory to these 6 Man Gods of the West. You shall be punished with homophobic slurs as retaliation...

I expect the DI state game will be a good one... whoever makes it. The DII game will be another blowout by the team representing the east.

SixFan19":uvdvgfoi said:
I hate to be the one to break it to ya but "dang near" doesn't count in Sixman football.

ryry... please... It counts when you call the East comical. Huge difference between a game won in the final seconds and a blowout. No excuses... two even teams on that day. I would have loved to see a rematch. Too bad Ira has already bowed out. Not certain Gordon can make it either.

I'm pretty sure I didn't call any bracket "comical". It is FACT that the West is stacked as to the East THIS year per the Guru and Mr Hardin's rankings in D1. Just like the East is stacked as to the West in D2 per the same gentlemen. Correct me if I'm wrong. With that said I still foresee a great game in both D1 and D2 this year and it's still up for grabs.

Ryry... didnt mean "you" as in you ryry... it was in reference to the initial blast at the east in this thread. Sorry I didnt make that clear. Yeah, I would agree there were more competitive teams in the west as a whole.. I think the 4 left in the east arent too shabby. It should be interesting to see each side play out these next 2 weeks.

ryry":3jzhjqw3 said:
SixFan19":3jzhjqw3 said:
I hate to be the one to break it to ya but "dang near" doesn't count in Sixman football.
[/quote. First thing lets get the facts straight Crowell 5 Gordon 1 doesn't look like much of a spanking to me
..My boys ONLY losses were to Valley Petersburg Throckmorton and Ira in the playoffs all were ranked in the top 3 when we played them. Two of these games were decided in the last seconds at the goal line with a touchdown difference.

Sorry catpride, I had been told by a couple of people there that Gordon's varsity out played/"scored" Crowell but Gordon's jv guys didnt do to well. I guess you cant always believe what you are told. Again, yes I know scrimmages are an indicator of nothing... just a practice....

SixFan19":1mtdjehv said:
ryry... please... It counts when you call the East comical. Huge difference between a game won in the final seconds and a blowout. No excuses... two even teams on that day. I would have loved to see a rematch. Too bad Ira has already bowed out. Not certain Gordon can make it either.

I'm guessing that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. What a shock. When you have to depend on a close loss and a scrimmage to prove that what I said is wrong - well - good luck with that.

SixFan19":1lgbcn0q said:
Rainjack... what they say about you and your baseless putdowns is true. Ha ha...

Nothing baseless about the facts. That's all I used. Feel free to take the 12 seconds required to verify. Trust me, kiddo, if you think what I've done is a put down - you're either 1) completely new to this place, or 2) a living testament to the stereotypes I use when describing the East.

Which is it?

Back