UIL State Exec Committee to Meet on Rankin

Tebow I'm sorry to hit you on this one, but Federal Government laws do not apply to Leagues and organizations. When a student athlete decides to play football at a high school they have a series of membership levels that they are under. First the school they are currently playing for decides whether or not to let them on the team. Second, The district the team is a part of follows standards passed down from the State Organization. Now a kid does not have to follow these rules. He is not legally bound to play football nor is he legally bound to play on the Varsity squad. The only reason he would have to follow these rules is if he wanted to be eligible to play football at the Varsity level in this specific league. The major word in all of this is that the athlete decides to voluntarily join this team. The problem with equating this to Government rules is that in HS you have the option to just not play football. In the real world we do not have this option to just not play Government. Unless you decide to live in a boat in International Waters I guess.

My name is Elane Slone and I am Coach Burkharts grandmother. i have anomalously been reading all the lies and conspiracy theories all year and I have a few truths to add. Coach Burkhart did not hire Coach Rigdon or Coach Chandler. The assistant coaches that he hired did not have any boys old enough to play football. They had babies and most of them were born while they were at Richland Springs. I have a Facebook Page of pictures for several years. If you are interested in seeing all the "new faces" in Richland Springs from 2003 to 2016 you are welcome to look at my pictures. There are peewee to varsity pictures.

Another interesting truth is why wouldn't Richland Springs want the Burkharts back? Coach Burkhard coached eight state champion teams, now nine and Bonnie Burkhart is an excellent teacher. Those championship teams came by way of the work ethic of the Richland Springs coaches and the extremely hard work of the kids that have played on this team.

CoachTJones":1g5j6xtz said:
Tebow I'm sorry to hit you on this one, but Federal Government laws do not apply to Leagues and organizations. When a student athlete decides to play football at a high school they have a series of membership levels that they are under. First the school they are currently playing for decides whether or not to let them on the team. Second, The district the team is a part of follows standards passed down from the State Organization. Now a kid does not have to follow these rules. He is not legally bound to play football nor is he legally bound to play on the Varsity squad. The only reason he would have to follow these rules is if he wanted to be eligible to play football at the Varsity level in this specific league. The major word in all of this is that the athlete decides to voluntarily join this team. The problem with equating this to Government rules is that in HS you have the option to just not play football. In the real world we do not have this option to just not play Government. Unless you decide to live in a boat in International Waters I guess.

I am disappointed to see your Angelo State University education did not teach you about due process! ;) All joking aside, the UIL is part of the TEA which is an agency of the state government. Article 1 of the Texas Constitution guarantees the same rights as the Bill of Rights.

When an agency has a hearing on anything, from whether or not a oil permit should be given to a company to whether Landon Burkhart should be able to play football, they are required to give due process. Due process under the common law is defined as A. Notice and B. A Change to Be Heard.

The reason they have to do this is centered how they derive their power; Congress, whether the state of federal congress, delegates their power to the agency for a specific task. Essentially, Congress is "delegating" the TEA the power to enforce rules and regulates on schools, which they created the UIL for sports. Thus, the UIL is beholden to "we the people," even if they do not want you to know that.

Although I believe and hope Landon received a change to present his case to the people that decided he couldn't play last year, I think a very strong argument could be made that the UIL Bureaucrats are not representative of the people. This whole concept of agencies is something that, in my opinion, the American people are ignorant about, and I take every opportunity to educate the masses about it. Besides a law suit, the Texas State Legislature could take power away from the TEA or force them to amend the process.

If you are a public school employee, like Coach Jones, you want to stay away from this topic as the teacher's unions would consider my statements treasonist. Nevertheless, if Congress "delegated" it's power to an agency for a specific purpose, then, in theory at least, Congress could undelegate that authority. The same principal goes from the federal congress as well; if the IRS keeps targeting conservatives, then just create a new agency to collect taxes.

EDITED for STRAIGHT SHOOTER'S COMMENT: Jerry needs to stay at Richland after the way the UIL targetted his family, at least until all his kids are out of the house. What they did to Landon was horrible!

TebowTime15":padz244j said:
CoachTJones":padz244j said:

I am disappointed to see your Angelo State University education did not teach you about due process! ;) All joking aside, the UIL is part of the TEA which is an agency of the state government. Article 1 of the Texas Constitution guarantees the same rights as the Bill of Rights.

When an agency has a hearing on anything, from whether or not a oil permit should be given to a company to whether Landon Burkhart should be able to play football, they are required to give due process. Due process under the common law is defined as A. Notice and B. A Change to Be Heard.

The reason they have to do this is centered how they derive their power; Congress, whether the state of federal congress, delegates their power to the agency for a specific task. Essentially, Congress is "delegating" the TEA the power to enforce rules and regulates on schools, which they created the UIL for sports. Thus, the UIL is beholden to "we the people," even if they do not want you to know that.

Although I believe and hope Landon received a change to present his case to the people that decided he couldn't play last year, I think a very strong argument could be made that the UIL Bureaucrats are not representative of the people. This whole concept of agencies is something that, in my opinion, the American people are ignorant about, and I take every opportunity to educate the masses about it. Besides a law suit, the Texas State Legislature could take power away from the TEA or force them to amend the process.

If you are a public school employee, like Coach Jones, you want to stay away from this topic as the teacher's unions would consider my statements treasonist. Nevertheless, if Congress "delegated" it's power to an agency for a specific purpose, then, in theory at least, Congress could undelegate that authority. The same principal goes from the federal congress as well; if the IRS keeps targeting conservatives, then just create a new agency to collect taxes.

EDITED for STRAIGHT SHOOTER'S COMMENT: Jerry needs to stay at Richland after the way the UIL targetted his family, at least until all his kids are out of the house. What they did to Landon was horrible!

What tebow meant to say was the position that burky put Landon in was horrible!!

The UIL is a Political Body. Pure and simple. It is untouchable, uncontrollable, and without oversight, much like the FISA Court. You don’t have to believe me, but contact your elected legislator or State Senator and ask them what their experience, knowledge and opinion of the UIL is. The majority that have ever dealt with the UIL before will probably use the same word;
FRUSTRATION.
Go ahead, make a appointment and ask.

I'm not saying it would be easy to do, FSCA is 1000% right from a practical standpoint, but don't say it's impossible to do. The UIL derives its power because Congress delegated them that power (someway somehow, whether it's from TEA or somewhere else), we [the people] have the right to change representatives if we want to, and the UIL should be bound by the Bill of Rights just like the rest of the government.

I think oldergoat convinced me to support a 1 year sit out if you move, regardless of the reason. While it wouldn't be perfect, at least it would be fair. I feel like Landon got shafted because his dad won a bunch of state titles and it upset many people. That's not right, especially since he had no control over it and not to mention the safety issue.

PS. Did anyone else hear Granger explain what happened last year with Burkhart during the broadcast? You get an A+ from me!

6manonly":3op8sdcb said:
TebowTime15":3op8sdcb said:
CoachTJones":3op8sdcb said:

What tebow meant to say was the position that burky put Landon in was horrible!!

Don't judge a man unless you walk a mile in his shoes. While I have no idea what happened at Stanton, you have to respect a father's [or mother's] right to protect his/her son.

Has Burkhart ever walked a mile period. I know that was was mean but it’s just a friendly joke good coach just a little on the plump side.

MA1984":12sifm3w said:
Has Burkhart ever walked a mile period. I know that was was mean but it’s just a friendly joke good coach just a little on the plump side.
Hey MA1984 you need to be careful! Your “Body Shaming” comments will get you Detained by the Wimp Culture Political Thought Police, where you will be tried and convicted and sent off to a re-education camp to be mentally cleansed of your “hurtful and hateful” mindset.
You are living dangerously dude !

FCSA football":j0pns6o9 said:
The UIL is a Political Body. Pure and simple. It is untouchable, uncontrollable, and without oversight, much like the FISA Court. You don’t have to believe me, but contact your elected legislator or State Senator and ask them what their experience, knowledge and opinion of the UIL is. The majority that have ever dealt with the UIL before will probably use the same word;
FRUSTRATION.
Follow the UIL rules and you have nothing to worry about.

FCSA football":3hl7clb2 said:
FRUSTRATION.

The UIL is run by the member schools and the superintendents of those schools. It is not a political body, which is the very reason senators and reps get frustrated with the UIL....they can't control it. I don't always agree with every ruling that they make, but I'm glad we are governed by them and not the government. That's why rules are in place, they are set by the schools. Schools need to follow those rules, and accept the consequences when they don't.

We do not want to be like other states where privates and publics participate for the same championships. If that were the case, you would really see what recruiting looks like.

Any governing body, while not intentionally, is political. It may not be political in the traditional sense of democrats and republicans, but make no mistake no matter how much a group proclaims it’s fairness the closer one should examine it’s practices.
As John Dalberg-Acton said:
“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority.”

You make a very good point. Personally, I trust the UIL to make the right decisions. As I stated, I'm not always happy about the decisions, but I will accept them (ugh....thinking about realignment makes me ill, lol), and I think the UIL is the best in the nation. Many states envy us.

smokeyjoe53":3k34377a said:
Any governing body, while not intentionally, is political. It may not be political in the traditional sense of democrats and republicans, but make no mistake no matter how much a group proclaims it’s fairness the closer one should examine it’s practices.

This is true also, but I will say there are some groups (school boards, for example) that need to be examined more closely than the UIL.

Organized sports, regardless of level, requires a governing body. To have a team and participate in said governing body's sport, you must voluntarily agree to the rules. There is no constitutional protections such as right to privacy, or speedy fair trials, or the right to face your accuser. By joining said organization, those rights were ceded.

Kinda like you have no reasonable expectation to personal privacy when you agreed to the TOS for Facebook, twitter, google, et al. It's the price you pay to play.

Jones26":1zcu65ut said:
FCSA football":1zcu65ut said:
FRUSTRATION.

The UIL is run by the member schools and the superintendents of those schools. It is not a political body, which is the very reason senators and reps get frustrated with the UIL....they can't control it. I don't always agree with every ruling that they make, but I'm glad we are governed by them and not the government. That's why rules are in place, they are set by the schools. Schools need to follow those rules, and accept the consequences when they don't.

We do not want to be like other states where privates and publics participate for the same championships. If that were the case, you would really see what recruiting looks like.

I am with Coach Jones on this. I have problems with some decisions the UIL makes, but I would not prefer any other states system over ours. As for the notion government over site of the UIL is a good plan...Im with Ronald Reagon "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. "

Jones26":3age2h8k said:
FCSA football":3age2h8k said:
FRUSTRATION.

All government is subjected to oversight, even the darn Federal Reserve. It's true that big government wants you to think there is no way around it, but there has to be given that, at the end of the day, the UIL gets its power from the legislature as an agency of the state.

As far as the guy that quoted Reagan, Ronald would agree that due process should be apart of any and all hearings held by the government whether it's impeaching the president or deciding if someone moved for athletic reasons.

TebowTime15":3pi5ncjh said:
Jones26":3pi5ncjh said:
FCSA football":3pi5ncjh said:
FRUSTRATION.

All government is subjected to oversight, even the darn Federal Reserve. It's true that big government wants you to think there is no way around it, but there has to be given that, at the end of the day, the UIL gets its power from the legislature as an agency of the state.

As far as the guy that quoted Reagan, Ronald would agree that due process should be apart of any and all hearings held by the government whether it's impeaching the president or deciding if someone moved for athletic reasons.

This is false. The UIL exists only to provide competition between schools in a number of contests....period. It is not an agency of the state. But, I doubt my words will convince you, I was just hoping to clarify some things on this thread with facts about the UIL. Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Jones26":2lvy6vsm said:
TebowTime15":2lvy6vsm said:
Jones26":2lvy6vsm said:
FCSA football":2lvy6vsm said:
FRUSTRATION.

This is false. The UIL exists only to provide competition between schools in a number of contests....period. It is not an agency of the state. But, I doubt my words will convince you, I was just hoping to clarify some things on this thread with facts about the UIL. Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Then why can't I open my own UIL competitor? The government gives the UIL legitimacy. Merry Christmas, Coach!

Back