UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Richland Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, Texas
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9:00 a.m. Monday, September 12, at the Courtyard Marriot Austin in Pflugerville to determine the eligibility of student-athletes and discuss possible rules violations. It will also be available Live on the UIL State Executive Committee Page.

A schedule of Monday’s hearing follows:

Hearing (AA-BB)

9:00 a.m. - AA. - Richland Springs High School: Appeal of District 16-1A Division II Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student-Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes.

9:45 a.m. - BB. - Richland Springs High School: Appeal of District 16-1A Division II Executive Committee Decision Regarding Section 409, Recruiting

1. Jerry Burkhart
2. Shawn Rogers
3. Richland Springs High School

The State Executive Committee meeting is an open meeting, and all interested parties are welcome.

Good article in gosanangelo.com about this.

Yep, already being discussed here too.

I watched the meeting. Hard to hear everything that was said, but there was a unanimous guilty vote for Coach Burkhart and he was issued a 3 year suspension. RS received a public reprimand and will be on probation for the next 3 years. The committee discussed a playoff ban, but decided against it. Looks like this is the end for Burkhart.

He got too comfortable in his ways!!!!!!

A slap on the wrist. For as long as they’ve been doing it they should be suspended. That’s UIL for you

We can discuss what happened, but any talk about how long it's been going on, beyond what was discussed in the hearing, will be deleted. We're not going to get into allegations outside what anyone's been found guilty of by the UIL.

It's been fun to watch some of the great Richland Springs teams play, but all of the smug "if you have proof take it to the UIL" posts from fans were just laying brick after brick of bad karma. Cmon. Everyone has always known how this stuff works.

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.

As his son, I am saddened to see such a great man and coach go down like this. It was clear in the room that they had their minds made up. They went strictly off of DEC statement. Didn’t ask the parents, didn’t ask Mullin any questions. Just my Dad. Growing up I’ve spoken on the phone to multiple coaches about things I couldn’t talk to my Dad about. Advice on life decisions. Never have I heard a coach can’t talk to a kid not from his school. This is outrageous and I have lost respect for this sixman community and UIL. I know what type of man my Dad is and everyone who knows him would happily take the stand and testify. No matter what I say, will stop this site from bashing my Dad. My Dad is a great man and a Great Coach that didn’t deserve this.
They did speak with the mother at the hearing.

HE WAS FOUND GUILTY. IT IS A FACT THAT COACH BURKHART ILLEGALLY RECRUITED AN ATHLETE TO RICHLAND SPRINGS.
I'm so tired of the "I'll delete your post" gustapo crap.

To your first point, absolutely correct. He was found guilty of illegally recruiting. Nobody said you couldn't talk about it. What I said was we're not going to talk about how it's been going on for years because there's no proof and he was never found guilty by the UIL, so while you may think it happened nobody really knows if it did or not.

To you second point, if you don't like it, go somewhere else and post your crap there...

HE WAS FOUND GUILTY. IT IS A FACT THAT COACH BURKHART ILLEGALLY RECRUITED AN ATHLETE TO RICHLAND SPRINGS.
I'm so tired of the "I'll delete your post" gustapo crap.
Must’ve lost to burkhart a few times, I hope after this COMPLETELY GARBAGE decision by the DEC, a bunch of uninformed people who know nothing about the world of six man football or coaching. Completely focused on trying to make burkhart slip up. Crazy what a pot can be stirred by a bunch of LOSERS. Who doesn’t think kids want to go to a school who has shown unmatched levels of success year in and year out, under their own will. Burkhart is guilty of one thing. KICKING SOME A** and y’all are sore and ready for it to be over. This year and when burkhart is back. Richland will be the same.

They went with Dec because they backed it up with facts !!!!!!

There was no facts. Just the phone call. It’s hear say. It’s my Dads word vs UIL. 3 of the same UIL board administrators including the Head guy were in my brothers UIL hearing in 2018. As soon as my Dad Spoke it didn’t matter what he said, their mind was already made up. Even though the kid even testified he talked and Coach Burkhart didn’t say anything other than I can’t talk to you about that. But because my Dad has a heart and cares more about the kids than football he is punished for listening to him.

There was no facts. Just the phone call. It’s hear say. It’s my Dads word vs UIL. 3 of the same UIL board administrators including the Head guy were in my brothers UIL hearing in 2018. As soon as my Dad Spoke it didn’t matter what he said, their mind was already made up. Even though the kid even testified he talked and Coach Burkhart didn’t say anything other than I can’t talk to you about that. But because my Dad has a heart and cares more about the kids than football he is punished for listening to him.
😎😎😎😎😎😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back