UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Buena Vista)

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, Texas
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 8:00 a.m. Thursday, September 7, via teleconference to determine the eligibility of student-athletes and determine rules violations. It will be available Live on the UIL State Executive Committee Page.

A schedule of Thursday’s hearing follows:

Hearing (BB-CC)

8:45 a.m. - BB. - Imperial Buena Vista High School: Appeal of District 6-1A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes.

9:30 a.m. - CC. - Imperial Buena Vista High School: Appeal of District 6-1A Division I Executive Committee Decision Regarding Eligibility of a Student Athlete, Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes.
  1. Student A
  2. Student B

The State Executive Committee meeting is an open meeting, and all interested parties are welcome.

Any news on this @Mike

I just went back and watched the endings of both hearings and it looks like the student in hearing BB was granted their appeal and both students in hearing CC were denied their appeals. Again, as soon as the official results are posted I will post those here but, unless I misheard something, these will be the results.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Thursday to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes.

A student-athlete from Imperial Buena Vista High School was granted varsity eligibility. After hearing testimony from all parties, it was determined that this student did not change schools for athletic purposes.

Student-athletes from Pleasanton High School, Comanche High School, and two student-athletes from Imperial Buena Vista were not granted varsity eligibility. After hearing testimony from all parties, it was determined that these students did change schools for athletic purposes.

Back