UIL State Executive Committee to Meet (Lorenzo)

Mike

Six-man master
Administrator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, Texas
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9:00 a.m. Monday, February 13, via teleconference to determine the eligibility of student-athletes and determine rules violations. It will be available Live on the UIL State Executive Committee Page.

A schedule of Monday’s hearing follows:

Hearing (AA-CC)

11:00 a.m. - AA. - Lorenzo High School: Referral from District 6-1A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Section 409, Recruiting: Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes; and Section 470, Submitting False Information

11:45 a.m. - BB. - Lorenzo High School: Referral from District 6-1A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Section 409, Recruiting: Section 443, Changing Schools for Athletic Purposes; and Section 470, Submitting False Information

12:30 p.m. - CC. - Lorenzo High School: Referral from District 6-1A Executive Committee Decision Regarding Alleged Violations of Section 409, Recruiting and Section 470, Submitting False Information

The State Executive Committee meeting is an open meeting, and all interested parties are welcome.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Monday to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes and issue penalties for UIL rules violations.

A student-athlete from Lorenzo High School was granted varsity eligibility. After hearing testimony from all parties, it was determined that this student did not change schools for athletic purposes.

A student-athlete from Lorenzo High School was not granted varsity eligibility. After hearing testimony from all parties, it was determined that this student did change schools for athletic purposes.

The Lorenzo High School Athletic Department was issued two years probation.

You hate to see situations like this occur in six-man schools, but it does occur. Thank goodness for DEC superintendents who do the right thing rather than be non-commital and afraid and thinking they are the bad guys for standing up for what is right.

I hope the link works. I watched some of the hearings during lunch. Two thoughts. The article is doing a good job of trying to cover details without writing a novel, so there is some context not included. The district suspending the coach seems to be the result of an incorrect answer on the PAPF. This is also seems to be the reason the SEC said the PAPF process at Lorenzo needed to be "cleaned up." My assumption, the SEC wants to see more checks and balances to prevent that scenario. I say "seems" please dont count it as for sure fact. I did not get to see it all and I could be misunderstanding.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, Texas —
The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League will convene at 9:00 a.m. Monday, February 27, via teleconference to determine the eligibility of student-athletes and determine rules violations. It will be available Live on the UIL State Executive Committee Page.

A schedule of Monday’s hearing follows:

Hearing (BB)

10:30 a.m. - BB - Lorenzo High School: Section 409, Recruiting
  • Dion Mitchell
  • Stacy Godfrey

The State Executive Committee meeting is an open meeting, and all interested parties are welcome.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX
— The State Executive Committee of the University Interscholastic League met Monday to hand down decisions on eligibility of student-athletes and issue penalties for UIL rules violations.

Lorenzo High School Head Basketball Coach Dion Mitchell was issued a suspension through the 2023-24 basketball season, three years probation, and a public reprimand for recruiting violations.

Lorenzo High School Coach Stacy Godfrey was issued two years probation and a public reprimand.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX

Lorenzo High School Head Basketball Coach Dion Mitchell was issued a suspension through the 2023-24 basketball season, three years probation, and a public reprimand for recruiting violations.

Lorenzo High School Coach Stacy Godfrey was issued two years probation and a public reprimand.
Just an honest question Mike,. What is the difference in these violations, that occurred at Lorenzo compared to the Richland Springs violations?

Back