UIL State Exec Committee to Meet on Rankin

When you have symptoms you ignore them or go and try to determine what the problem is. Of course if you ignore them then there are several possible outcomes. One you weren’t sick at all, two you suffer as do all of those around you, three you die.
Memento Mori.......

After receiving a couple of phone calls I decided to explain my statement and belief on change or die.
All organizations, businesses, associations, etc. must alway be looking forward to the future lest the future pass you by and you are history. A modern day example is Blockbuster. Once a Very profitable corporation, it failed to see the future and the business, and all of its franchises died on the vine. So if you fail to anticipate the future and all the changes and challenges you will face, your organization will become extinct, it will die.
Look around you, at your town, neighborhood, your school, how many changes do you see.
Towns built on one industry die if that industry moves or closes and there is no “Plan B”. How many towns died when the bypasses opened up. How many small town businesses died when Walmart moved in.
In my opinion the UIL, because of its unique monopoly and influence on how public schools spend public funds and the threats, implied or otherwise that keep these member schools (public schools) in line is one lawsuit away from dramatic change. Granted, certain facts and circumstances will need to be present, but like the future, it will come. Change is inevitable, if you don’t change, you will be passed by. Once that happens, in my opinion as an organization, company, governing body or individual you are obsolete, insignificant, out of business, in short, it’s over Bubba.
The power to change the UIL is in the Collective Hands of the people on this web site. So as J J Watt says,
“Stop making excuses and start making things happen”.

Just my opinion..........

Just wanting to ask this question regarding the UIL, public school voluntary membership, and the TEA.
Public school districts are given taxing authority by the state for their funding. The state has given the TEA the authority to regulate public school districts and steal their tax money to fund other districts. The TEA appoints UIL Officials, if I understand correctly. If a public school were to choose to leave the UIL would the TEA have the power to screw with the district’s tax funding?

FCSA football":2ibamc78 said:
After receiving a couple of phone calls I decided to explain my statement and belief on change or die.
All organizations, businesses, associations, etc. must alway be looking forward to the future lest the future pass you by and you are history. A modern day example is Blockbuster. Once a Very profitable corporation, it failed to see the future and the business, and all of its franchises died on the vine. So if you fail to anticipate the future and all the changes and challenges you will face, your organization will become extinct, it will die.
Look around you, at your town, neighborhood, your school, how many changes do you see.
Towns built on one industry die if that industry moves or closes and there is no “Plan B”. How many towns died when the bypasses opened up. How many small town businesses died when Walmart moved in.
In my opinion the UIL, because of its unique monopoly and influence on how public schools spend public funds and the threats, implied or otherwise that keep these member schools (public schools) in line is one lawsuit away from dramatic change. Granted, certain facts and circumstances will need to be present, but like the future, it will come. Change is inevitable, if you don’t change, you will be passed by. Once that happens, in my opinion as an organization, company, governing body or individual you are obsolete, insignificant, out of business, in short, it’s over Bubba.
The power to change the UIL is in the Collective Hands of the people on this web site. So as J J Watt says,

I’m still upset blockbuster went out of business.

MA1984":1wme3slk said:
FCSA football":1wme3slk said:

I’m still upset blockbuster went out of business.

Yeah, I miss driving to town to rent a VHS tape too.

The streaming services are nice but still they pretty much have all the same movies I could go into a Hastings or blockbuster find a dvd because I’m not 110 (playful jab we did have a lot of vhs tapes) and the selection was a lot better.

Back