Throckmorton/Knox City matchup Upset???

dawgfan23

11-man fan
I believe this game could be the game where an upset could occur. Knox City lost by 22 when they played the first time and my understanding was that Knox City was not at 100% strength. I observed Knox City a couple of weeks ago at full strength and Throckmorton had better bring their A+ game because the Knox City team is for real. The spread says Throck by 31, I believe this game will be much closer than that and yes I will go out on a limb and say if there could be a big upset in the playoffs, this could be it. At the very least, with a healthy Knox City team on the field for 4 quarters, this game will be much closer than the spread, and I think closer than their first meeting.

What is all this incessant yammering about the east? It is, without a doubt, the weakest division in all of 6-man.

It is not even worthy of discussion...unless you are toothless cedar chopper.

Ol Rainjacktx, you never cease to amaze me. I would like to remind you the 1 that sits in the loss column of the Patriots is from a team in the east. I honestly believe a Greyhound will represent the east in the championship game. Yes the west is good but you cannot count out the east.

Dawgfan23 i believe you have been living in a fariy tale, you want to talk about Knox City not being 100% your very on coach talked how all his boys were 100% HEALTHy going into that game, now as far as TRock was concerned they were not at 100% you had #7 with ankle issues,#3 with ankle issues and #1 who just came off surgery with his arm 2 1/2 weeks prior to that game he had plates and screws put in but that didnt stop any of these guys from playing and now everyone on the team 110% healthy. So dawgfan23 dont count on being there for 4 quarters of game cause the THROCKMORTON GREYHOUND EXPRESS will roll over you Knox City Greyhounds!!!!!!!!! dawgfan23 keep living that fairy tale everyone entitled to do that........JUST SAYING>>>>>

Both of these coaches have good programs so let the talking be done on the field friday. Neither one of these teams or coaches want trash talk to overshadow the success of their programs and the support of their communities. Good luck to everyone getting to strap up on turkey week.

alumnihound":1f92lug2 said:
Ol Rainjacktx, you never cease to amaze me. I would like to remind you the 1 that sits in the loss column of the Patriots is from a team in the east. I honestly believe a Greyhound will represent the east in the championship game. Yes the west is good but you cannot count out the east.

I think Throckmorton is a very good team. Unless all the wheels fall off their wagon they will be playing in Abilene next month.

But you know as well as I do that, as a whole, the east has marginal teams at best this season.

Knox City is in the regional finals? Seriously? And the other regional finalists are Abbott and Lometa? Compare that with Valley, Meadow, Ira, and Borden County.

Knox City gave Ira everything they wanted in a time when KC was not playing very good football. Ira was only up by 10 points in second half and KC had the ball. KC also had 5 turnovers during this game and was not full strength.

alumnihound":3lnjv0iy said:
Knox City gave Ira everything they wanted in a time when KC was not playing very good football. Ira was only up by 10 points in second half and KC had the ball. KC also had 5 turnovers during this game and was not full strength.
Ira is not the same team as they were in week one as everyone can obviously see, also Ira really had an off night that night in Knox City..... but thats neither here nor there now in the 3rd round....so I hope KC is at 100% now and ready for Throckmorton, Good luck to both

I think everyone still playing football has improved since week one. I just think the teams representing the east are noticeably weaker than their counterparts from the west.

rainjacktx":xlfvouxy said:
I think everyone still playing football has improved since week one. I just think the teams representing the east are noticeably weaker than their counterparts from the west.
Not trying to start any crap;
just wondering
what contributes the most to the weaknesses in the east?
And,
where is the W/E dividing line?
I haven't given it much thought.

I'm with rainjack on the East/West thing. Teams that are already playing basketball in the West could easily be representing the East in the Championship game if not for the geographical situation. I believe Sands, Rankin or Water Valley (don't start with me) could all beat Throckmorton (clearly the class of the East) head-to-head. Notice something about all three of those teams? All three of them were vanquished by the soon-to-be-crowned State Champion, Ira Bulldogs. Sorry rainjack, I know you believe in the Valley Patriots but, after watching Lance Morris (#12) run roughshod over the Wildcats, I don't think anyone beats Ira. Although I do believe Valley would beat T-Rock in the Championship game too.

This is all very interesting and all
but what tests and measures
can we use to prove anything?
How do we KNOW?
Not just think.
What benchmarks are being used?
Why don't they just play each other?
Has anyone ever done any compare/contrast graphing?
jus askin'

What makes you think valley can beat Throck in the state game. Throck beat valley with 2 TO. And Ira has to beat valley and all Ira does it run the ball and that is what valleys d is good at stopping the run. But Throck is a whole different team since week zero!

Football god,
Don't take the Valley/Throck thing seriously, it's a moot point. Valley won't be anywhere near Abilene on Championship day unless they buy a ticket like me. I just threw that in there so rainjack wouldn't feel butt-hurt. He does think highly of the Patriots and I usually concur with his opinions. I know T-Rock beat Valley in the first game of the year but I think Valley has come a long way since then. Just not far enough to beat Ira.

Back